News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 28, 2020, 01:37:35 PM
Why is the leaflet in the picture dated November 2020, when D & G don't take over till January 2021?

I'm assuming this is a mock up?

That is probably an earlier planned date for this to happen. I was expecting it to happen in May before Covid hit.
The leaflet is genuine, not a mock up

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2020, 08:31:09 AM
This is the actual image

When will timetable leaflets be available do you reckon? Interesting the 67 is there but no 71 - presume if the routes are the same as that version Select will keep the 71 but not 67.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 28, 2020, 03:41:34 PM
When will timetable leaflets be available do you reckon? Interesting the 67 is there but no 71 - presume if the routes are the same as that version Select will keep the 71 but not 67.
I see what your saying regarding the the 71, but if you look closley it says Essington is included in the booklet. Unless D&G are going to start a new service that serves Essington (which I find highley unlikley). I'd say they are going to do a big Cannock area booklet which includes services operated by select. As for the 67, I can't see it being given to D&G as it is a tendered service which is due to be renemwed every 5 year, the next time being 2023 I believe.

l.murphy123

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 28, 2020, 04:08:27 PM
I see what your saying regarding the the 71, but if you look closley it says Essington is included in the booklet. Unless D&G are going to start a new service that serves Essington (which I find highley unlikley). I'd say they are going to do a big Cannock area booklet which includes services operated by select. As for the 67, I can't see it being given to D&G as it is a tendered service which is due to be renemwed every 5 year, the next time being 2023 I believe.

Ah good point. We shall see. Hopefully they update the public soon.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 28, 2020, 04:08:27 PM

Or it could be that Select will operate the entire network.

Those buses on the leaflet look awfully like select livery

Westy

Well, I hope they throw some down this way?

Stu

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2020, 04:19:29 PM

The leaflet does mention 'Chaserider'. (Which someone else here also mentioned) From the announcement on Arriva's website:
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/arriva-to-sell-cannock-depot-to-d&g-bus

QuoteMatt Evans, Managing Director for D&G Bus said, 'we will welcome all staff who will transfer as part of the recent acquisition of the Cannock and Stafford operations from Arriva. We are committed to building a new refreshing brand and we very much look forward to working in partnership with all stakeholders. Most importantly a "Big Hello" to all our future customers and we look forward to seeing you out and about on our services soon.'

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Looking at that leaflet again, let's hope they proof read the final version.

'Brownshill' & Hayes Heath'.

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on November 28, 2020, 04:53:37 PM
Looking at that leaflet again, let's hope they proof read the final version.

'Brownshill' & Hayes Heath'.

I was just reading the "Arriva takes over Midland" thread from 7 years ago, and there's a picture of an Arriva bus within it showing its destination as "Brownshills".

Quote from: ilovetea4370 on March 16, 2013, 07:08:03 PM
Arriva are proud to announce they are now serving Brownshills!
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2156.html

Seems to be a hard one to get right!

l.murphy123

Looks like D&G red with Select burgundy. Could be how its printed / our screens differ.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on November 28, 2020, 05:05:49 PM
I was just reading the "Arriva takes over Midland" thread from 7 years ago, and there's a picture of an Arriva bus within it showing its destination as "Brownshills".

Seems to be a hard one to get right!

Just like Blakenall in Walsall, not Blakenhall!

metrocity

Not with 17 O Discs ! D&G recently had an increase in preparation for the acquisition.

ntw456

The timetable is a mock up of what it will look like. Buses are apparently going to be d&g red with chaserider branding

Westy

Just had a look at the 2 timetable & seems to be the same timetable as current Arriva,  but looking at the route description,  it looks like my road(on the Leamore 'diversion '!) will no longer be served again, running direct along Stafford Street, Bloxwich Road & High Street, the same as everyone else!

Unless D & G are going to join the £2.50 Bloxwich to Walsall return fare arrangements somehow, then what's the point of rerouting?

(Then again neither is the X51,  but that has the backup of existing Nx facilities anyway, even if you don't agree with the reasoning)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk