News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Cannocks looking good today, Solo broke down a few yards after leaving the bus station by side entrance to the park, Dart with its engine cover up at the station and another Dart thats been sat on Pye Green stand for 15 min with its engine revving to the max and another Solo on the 2 outside the depot parked up on the two with no driver on board but two blokes in orange jackets and two drivers stood on the path blocking the stop for the passengers waiting for the X51 im on 😂😂😂😂

Westy

I assume D & G are inheriting these buses from Arriva?

Good luck guys!

There was a comment recently regarding Nx possibly having the Cannock to Walsall corridor off them.

Is that true, and would that involve both the 2 and 3, with the possibility of the NX 8 being extended to cover the 3.

What about the Cannock to Wolves 70?

Could Nx have that as well & maybe link it with their 11 somehow?

BN

Quote from: Westy on November 26, 2020, 07:07:40 PM

Good luck guys!

There was a comment recently regarding Nx possibly having the Cannock to Walsall corridor off them.

Is that true, and would that involve both the 2 and 3, with the possibility of the NX 8 being extended to cover the 3.

I guess Select will run the 70

metrocity

BH2004

Quote from: BN on November 26, 2020, 07:09:36 PM
I guess Select will run the 70
70 is going to be run by D&G

Solo1

Wonder if they will run Stafford services  from Cannock or. Stoke depot  or will they have a small  depot  for the Stafford services

Tony

Quote from: BH2004 on November 26, 2020, 07:38:33 PM
70 is going to be run by D&G

Do you know that or is it a guess?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on November 26, 2020, 07:07:40 PM

Good luck guys!

As much as I like the idea of nx sending occasional journies on the 11 to Cannock, it wouldn't make sense extending one 11 every hour to Cannock considering the current frequency of the route!

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 26, 2020, 09:05:50 PM
it wouldn't make sense extending one 11 every hour to Cannock considering the current frequency of the route!
Why wouldn't it make sense? As presumably there would be higher demand on the current section. And you could number it 11A even.

I can't think of any similar current examples. But i'm sure when the Birmingham 97A ran the 97 ran a high frequency service as far as Chelmsley, extending to Airport every 30 minutes. So sounds similar to that as well.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 26, 2020, 07:49:17 PM
Do you know that or is it a guess?

It's listed on the document metrocity as linked above. So yes

BusMan Greg

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2020, 09:17:07 PM
Why wouldn't it make sense? As presumably there would be higher demand on the current section. And you could number it 11A even.
hmm I suppose it could work with the demand of the current section for it to fall back on! Maybe an increase to every half hour could be considered

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 26, 2020, 09:24:03 PM
It's listed on the document metrocity as linked above. So yes

I think you will find Select who are also linked to D&G through ownership will have some involvement. They haven't enlarged their depot and applied for an increased authorisation for nothing

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2020, 09:17:07 PM

I can't think of any similar current examples. But i'm sure when the Birmingham 97A ran the 97 ran a high frequency service as far as Chelmsley, extending to Airport every 30 minutes. So sounds similar to that as well.

I was thinking of Walsall's 10 & 10a personally, but agree there.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 26, 2020, 09:39:57 PM
I think you will find Select who are also linked to D&G through ownership will have some involvement. They haven't enlarged their depot and applied for an increased authorisation for nothing

Is it possible Select could have the routes south of Cannock(the 1,2 & 3 Walsall & 70 Wolves, to go with their existing 71 & Wolves to Stafford routes), while D & G have the north of Cannock routes?

That's how I've interpereted your reply.

l.murphy123

Would make sense for Select to run the 70 too for a combined half hour frequency between the 70 and 71. It would be good also to have a joint network ticket like the Midlamd Classic Day+ which is valid on some D&G buses. NX could extend the 8 which already runs the same route up to Brownhills, said this for a while.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk