News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Knackered 02 plate cadet out of service by Cannock rail stn. Sounded like gears, crawled up hill under bridge at about 10mph causing a queue....showing off arriva quality image 😂😂😂

Westy

I cant believe newer vehicles like the E200's & maybe the Sapphires if the story's correct, are moved out & older stuff is moved in instead.

Were the Cadets new at Cannock or a transfer in?

Maybe this is the German's revenge for 2 World Wars & 1 World Cup.

Knacker up the English transport system!

Busman Jamie

The cadets are transfers
2744/45/46 Ex London
2736 came from the late Stafford depot
2740/41/42 in from Oswestry

The only cadets new to cannock were the 'twins' 2701/2 which 2701 is scrapped and 2702 is working out of Telford or Shrewsbury

Bob

Most of Cannocks fleet are nails lol. If its true im glad the sapphires are going

Grinder

Careful what you wish for Bob

Bob

Why theyre the crappest in the fleet

Westy

Still newer than some members of the fleet.

Bob

Yes but truly dismal buses.  A knackered Dart or  threadbare Cadet or clapped out Commander with a dodgy diff or even a 05 plate Volvo that probably wouldnt manage it further than Bridgtown would all be more pleasant vehicles to travel on than a Streets***e 😀😀😀

MW

Hi,

Trying to make a list of routes operated from Cannock depot, and their subsequent PVRs.

From what I'm getting on the Arriva website, the total PVR seems to be around 38. There are 65 buses allocated to Cannock according to Tony's fleet list, so either I'm missing something, they operate services that don't serve Cannock, or operate a pretty big spare fleet ratio. It's probably all of them. Anyway, here's a list of routes that I've got as operating out of Cannock Garage. If I've missed anything, I'd appreciate it if you guys could let me know.

1 / 2 / 2E - Walsall to Cannock (and then Huntington & Hednesford)
3 - Walsall to Cannock
21 - Cannock to Longford Circular
25 - Cannock to Pye Green/Hednesford Circular
26 - Cannock to Hednesford/Pye Green Circular
60 / 61 / 62 - Cannock to Lichfield
63 - Cannock to Rugeley
70 / 71A - Cannock to Wolverhampton
74 / 75 / 75A - Cannock to Stafford
835 - Burntwood to Stafford (School Service)
837 - Churchbridge to Stafford (School Service)

Total PVR I'm getting for all this is 38.

What am I missing?

Tony

Quote from: MW on October 23, 2017, 02:39:39 PM
Hi,

Trying to make a list of routes operated from Cannock depot, and their subsequent PVRs.

What am I missing?

Stafford

Quote from: MW on October 23, 2017, 02:39:39 PM
Hi,

From what I'm getting on the Arriva website, the total PVR seems to be around 38. There are 65 buses allocated to Cannock according to Tony's fleet list, so either I'm missing something, they operate services that don't serve Cannock, or operate a pretty big spare fleet ratio. It's probably all of them. Anyway, here's a list of routes that I've got as operating out of Cannock Garage. If I've missed anything, I'd appreciate it if you guys could let me know.

1 / 2 / 2E - Walsall to Cannock (and then Huntington & Hednesford)
3 - Walsall to Cannock
21 - Cannock to Longford Circular
25 - Cannock to Pye Green/Hednesford Circular
26 - Cannock to Hednesford/Pye Green Circular
60 / 61 / 62 - Cannock to Lichfield
63 - Cannock to Rugeley
70 / 71A - Cannock to Wolverhampton
74 / 75 / 75A - Cannock to Stafford
835 - Burntwood to Stafford (School Service)
837 - Churchbridge to Stafford (School Service)

Total PVR I'm getting for all this is 38.

What am I missing?
Are the Stafford services the following?
825 - Stafford Hospital to Lichfield.
826 - Stafford to Ruegley.
827 - Stafford to Breteton.
76A - Stafford to Wolverhampton.
12 - Stafford to Doxey.
11 - Stafford to Weston Road Academy.
9 - Stafford to Highfields.
8A - Mosspit to Parkside.
8 - Mosspit to Parkside.
6 - Stafford to Rickerscote.
1C - Stafford to Colwich.
1B - Stafford to Baswich.

With Telford having the 5?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Hector

11 is operated by Select, and 6 is operated by Telford vehicles which interwork with the 5 Telford - Stafford service.

Bob

At one time Stafford was quite an important garage and id imagine profitable. Its an absolutely dying network now and would probably be better served by independents etc . I dont know how the Arriva services survive. Theres certainly been no fleet investment in over 10 years

Quote from: Hector on October 23, 2017, 03:19:27 PM
11 is operated by Select, and 6 is operated by Telford vehicles which interwork with the 5 Telford - Stafford service.
Thanks for the info.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Bob on October 23, 2017, 03:20:43 PM
At one time Stafford was quite an important garage and id imagine profitable. Its an absolutely dying network now and would probably be better served by independents etc . I dont know how the Arriva services survive. Theres certainly been no fleet investment in over 10 years

Or lasting service investment either!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk