News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busman Jamie

Guessing just a loan?

Bob

Wonder where the cadets are going when cannock gets the pulsars

Ashley 60171

Quote from: SI on March 28, 2017, 09:35:26 AM

FJ55 BWE : on route 26

And that ones worth mentioning when it happens every day because?

Bob

Does anyone know which pulsars are coming?

Bob

Could be. Where are they now?

Busman Jamie

I don't think 3764/65/66 will return they're branded up for a Leicester service??

Bob

When are we getting these pulsars then? And is it all the cadets going and if not which?

Tony

Last night I had to get back from Pensnett to home in Cannock, so walked down to Wall Heath and caught the 18:24 255 to Wolverhampton and the 19:26 70 on to Cannock.

Both journeys were made on 13 year old buses (NX 4549 & Arriva 2737)
Both had good drivers running on time driving well
Both buses were slightly tired looking outside and in, but perfectly acceptable
Both buses were litter free despite being out all day
Both buses were quite lightly loaded, I think the 255 carried a total of around 25 people overall, the 70 7 passengers.

So why did the Arriva journey drive me mad?
The lady driver who has been at Cannock since 2000 and is a lovely lady and a good driver pulled up in Stafford Street at 1922, but didn't leave until 19:29 which baffled me at first, but despite getting stuck behind a number 2 under Cannock Road bridge for a couple of minutes and driving steadily still had to wait time at Underhill, then had to wait time again at three other points along the journey including outside Cannock garage by which time I was the only passenger, and every time the bus was stationary you had a vibro massage from its vibrating. It seemed to me a lesson in how to drive passengers away, no reliability problem, no driver problem, but still an annoying journey when you just want to get home waiting and getting vibrated 4 times.

Bob

It was on the late 75a on Friday.  Shed

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2017, 01:29:15 PM
Last night I had to get back from Pensnett to home in Cannock, so walked down to Wall Heath and caught the 18:24 255 to Wolverhampton and the 19:26 70 on to Cannock.

Both journeys were made on 13 year old buses (NX 4549 & Arriva 2737)
Both had good drivers running on time driving well
Both buses were slightly tired looking outside and in, but perfectly acceptable
Both buses were litter free despite being out all day
Both buses were quite lightly loaded, I think the 255 carried a total of around 25 people overall, the 70 7 passengers.

So why did the Arriva journey drive me mad?
The lady driver who has been at Cannock since 2000 and is a lovely lady and a good driver pulled up in Stafford Street at 1922, but didn't leave until 19:29 which baffled me at first, but despite getting stuck behind a number 2 under Cannock Road bridge for a couple of minutes and driving steadily still had to wait time at Underhill, then had to wait time again at three other points along the journey including outside Cannock garage by which time I was the only passenger, and every time the bus was stationary you had a vibro massage from its vibrating. It seemed to me a lesson in how to drive passengers away, no reliability problem, no driver problem, but still an annoying journey when you just want to get home waiting and getting vibrated 4 times.

Was your problem the timetable or the bus?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 04, 2017, 05:04:06 PM
Was your problem the timetable or the bus?

Both, too much running time, and then getting a vibro massage while it waits time. Neither of which are things that will attract people onto buses

Dom

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2017, 05:33:24 PM
Both, too much running time, and then getting a vibro massage while it waits time. Neither of which are things that will attract people onto buses

Difficult to find a happy medium with running time though, it's either you've got too long in it so it's constantly waiting or it's not got enough so you're constantly late.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2017, 05:33:24 PM

Unfortunately there is always a divide.

Extra running time allows less delays for services.
Less running time means people to get destinations quicker.

Both of these cause satisfaction for customers.
When a bus has loads of running time but still runs late is not acceptable though.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 04, 2017, 06:31:48 PM

When a bus has loads of running time but still runs late is not acceptable though.
Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 04, 2017, 06:31:48 PM

You know how to run a bus company. Arriva looks to don't care and seems like Cannock it will go the way of Wednesfield... they used to be good and now NX has pushed them off the 76 with the 54, the 1 & 2 could fall to an extended X51 (IF that happen). Would not be surprised if Diamond or Stagecoach try their luck with Cannock and maybe a few NX ran services. To get profit and passengers investment is needed and it can be turned around!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: Chris on April 04, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Would not be surprised if Diamond or Stagecoach try their luck with Cannock and maybe a few NX ran services.
Stagecoach currently don't have any garage/service in that area for miles though, so that does seem unlikely. Can't see why they'd want a stand alone garage. 30+ miles away from the nearest garage in Nuneaton. So can't see it happening.
Midland Classic maybe? Or just Midland Classic on the Lichfield routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk