News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete50492

Quote from: SI on March 10, 2017, 06:35:48 AM
Thank you for that : )
spot on guess by me ,
said between 65 - 70
But i do wonder if all
that will change 2017
wether there could be
an increase : decrease
in amount of CK buses
allocated some point .

I'd guess that at least in the short term we'll see a modest increase at CK if they take on some extra work upon the closure of Wednesfield as expected

Grinder

There are only 2 drivers moving to CK from WD so can't see many buses moving.

winston

Quote from: Grinder on March 10, 2017, 11:21:52 AM
There are only 2 drivers moving to CK from WD so can't see many buses moving.

From recent comments on the forum, it suggests no routes are moving in to Cannock, only Telford & Tamworth with all the Centro tendered stuff going to Diamond

Grinder

Any idea about the 76A Wolves-Stafford Sunday only service run from Wednesfield, I would have thought that might move back to Cannock.

staffsdave

Just noted at the depot 2379 FJ55 BVU sporting a new coat of paint.

Bob

Quote from: SI on March 10, 2017, 02:50:29 PM
What do you think are
CK least profitable bus
routes + do you reckon
any services about the
Cannock area are likely
to face the axe due to
low passenger number
this year . Also whats
their most profitable .
Probably barely any now the way they constantly change things

Bob

2379 freshly repainted, left unrefurbed and already broken down in Cannock bus station with engineer van there and the engine flap up. They may as well have a permanent van on the bus station really, save on fuel given the state of the fleet 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ntw456

Quote from: Grinder on March 10, 2017, 12:29:53 PM
Any idea about the 76A Wolves-Stafford Sunday only service run from Wednesfield, I would have thought that might move back to Cannock.

It's been back at Cannock for ages

Grinder

Thanks for that, just shows how long it is since I went into Stafford on a Sunday, last time the bus was one of the BU02 Cadets and that was the reason for my comment.

Bob

Are you serious other than the 55 plate pair the Volvos are probably the best buses Cannock have got.

Bob

Pulsars are noisier and some of Cannocks are in a right bad state.

Grinder

My limited experience of the two gives me the impression that the Volvos don't rattle as much as the Pulsars and they are 3 years and god knows how many miles older.

Bob

I think Cannock would just get whatever knackered old buses are knocking about

Bob

As they seem to now. I can't see the 1 and 2 staying Sapphire either. The idea of Sapphire was to improve a route and grow patronage.  It failed on both counts. They messed with the routes afterwards then changed them back then reduced the frequency and got rid of two of the vehicles!  Plus half the time they stick anything on there anyway. An utter failure lol

BK63 YWP

Or Arriva is getting rid of non profitable areas. For example the 76 which did not have too much competition until the NX 54 came along and the 76 is withdrawn some time after. Has the 154 impacted much on the 70? Arriva moved decent buses from Cannock and sent them to Telford or the Shores and replaced them with run down buses soon to expire. In some respects I am glad Wednesfield is closing, their drivers were rude and they drove like maniacs. I just feel with Arriva there is not much heart in their services now and want to withdraw from the West Midlands/Staffordshire keeping Telford, Tamworth, Shrewsbury, Leicester and Derby.

Enter Stagecoach (Seem to do well with rural areas) or some operator that can turn around the Staffordshire operations because I feel Arriva doesn't know what to do with it anymore
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk