News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

If it's true and happens which I doubt

winston

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2016, 03:06:20 PM
Why have all the dead running when you can reduce it by using something that's already there. Apparently it'll be a new branch for NX. Similar to Coventry.

If there's spare capacity at both WN & WA they are only 11 & 10 miles from Cannock respectively, it may well be cheaper to operate from existing bases with dead mileage, than have a seperate depot with it's own costs. It could still be run a seperate unit from one of those garages, eg WA.

Bob

Anyone seriously think this will happen lol?

The King

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2016, 03:06:20 PM
Why have all the dead running when you can reduce it by using something that's already there. Apparently it'll be a new branch for NX. Similar to Coventry.

They run to Blackheath from Walsall private so I think dead running isn't something that concerns NX.

Heard a rumour of £66 million being on the table for Arriva's operations from NX.

winston

Quote from: The King on November 14, 2016, 08:32:34 PM
They run to Blackheath from Walsall private so I think dead running isn't something that concerns NX.

Heard a rumour of £66 million being on the table for Arriva's operations from NX.

Does that figure include all of Arriva Midlands Ops?

The King

Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2016, 08:34:02 PM
Does that figure include all of Arriva Midlands Ops?

I dunno Winston it was a rumour from an NX driver. He mentioned Cannock definitely nothing about Wednesfield or Tamworth. I'd imagine if they took Tamworth they'd have too much of the monopoly so it would be blocked.

winston

Quote from: The King on November 14, 2016, 08:39:19 PM
I dunno Winston it was a rumour from an NX driver. He mentioned Cannock definitely nothing about Wednesfield or Tamworth. I'd imagine if they took Tamworth they'd have too much of the monopoly so it would be blocked.

I think that driver must have got confused with where to put the decimal place for the suggested NX offer for only Cannock. Just had a look at latest accounts for entire Arriva Midlands 31st Dec 2015, turnover was £39.7 Million, pretax profit of £2.2 million

D10

Quote from: The King on November 14, 2016, 08:39:19 PM

Yes because major NX business decisions are always shared with the drivers aren't they before being told to the stock market, HO staff, managers etc!

Bob

Would nx be able to turn cannock around though?Presumably  with Cannock would come Staffords basket case operation?

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on November 14, 2016, 09:30:51 AM
The CMA would almost certainly have something to say about it, especially with the 54 and 154 having already driven Arriva off the 76.

I'd rather have a decent operator in the area,irrespective of who it is.

This CMA' s priority ought to be sorting out a reliable bus service for the punters, instead of worrying about monopolies & what have you.

Bob

I would say nx toppled Arriva on the 76 because of the cheap fares brand new buses in comparison with shitty unreliable often threadbare cadets lol

mikestone

3796 on the X8 in Oxford this afternoon - it would appear that a new single deck Monday to Friday Oxford-Thame has been superimposed on the existing 280.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: mikestone on November 15, 2016, 09:02:50 PM
3796 on the X8 in Oxford this afternoon - it would appear that a new single deck Monday to Friday Oxford-Thame has been superimposed on the existing 280.

Saw 3797 on their X60 on Saturday and one on the 280

Dom

A notice has been put in Cannock garage saying and I quote:

You may be aware that there are rumours circulating indicating that the Cannock garage is going to be sold to National Express

I confirm that there is no truth whatsoever in these rumours.

Arriva have no intention of selling Cannock garage either to National Express or any other company.

That is from David Brent the general manager.

Bob

David Brent. . ...Lol someone's having a laugh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk