News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntw456

Heard a rumour today that in October next year Cannock will be national express Staffordshire
Don't know how true it is

Westy

Quote from: ntw456 on November 13, 2016, 09:57:37 PM
Heard a rumour today that in October next year Cannock will be national express Staffordshire

If true, there's no reason for Wednesfield to exist anymore either.

winston

Quote from: ntw456 on November 13, 2016, 09:57:37 PM

If that was on the cards, why wait until next October?? Why not dispose of the op now?

Bob

Doubt it'll ever happen.  Was rumoured before and never did

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on November 13, 2016, 11:32:54 PM
If that was on the cards, why wait until next October?? Why not dispose of the op now?

Word on the street is NX are placing a larger order than this year (circa 200 buses) and then allow for cascades etc so the new look Cannock fleet is standard. Plus I would also assume a public consultation on how to improve the network would take place. Just waiting on Arriva to agree to a sale of the depot. Obviously this isn't fact just yet but heard it a few times in recent weeks.

winston

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on November 14, 2016, 08:19:36 AM
Word on the street is NX are placing a larger order than this year (circa 200 buses) and then allow for cascades etc so the new look Cannock fleet is standard. Plus I would also assume a public consultation on how to improve the network would take place. Just waiting on Arriva to agree to a sale of the depot. Obviously this isn't fact just yet but heard it a few times in recent weeks.

A larger NX order could also be down to Birmingham SQPS from May 2017. I've never heard of a public consultation before a business has changed ownership, normally a new owner would come in with some initial improvements i.e. partial fleet replacement, then assess the business & look a the potential for improvements over the course of the next couple of months.

It would things interesting if it did happen.

mikestone

The CMA would almost certainly have something to say about it, especially with the 54 and 154 having already driven Arriva off the 76.

Dom

Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2016, 08:59:32 AM
A larger NX order could also be down to Birmingham SQPS from May 2017. I've never heard of a public consultation before a business has changed ownership, normally a new owner would come in with some initial improvements i.e. partial fleet replacement, then assess the business & look a the potential for improvements over the course of the next couple of months.

It would things interesting if it did happen.

I've heard the NX Staffordshire rumour a lot within the last week and a half and that they want to lease the Arriva garage.

winston

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2016, 09:54:11 AM
I've heard the NX Staffordshire rumour a lot within the last week and a half and that they want to lease the Arriva garage.

Tbf there were strong rumours of Wednesfield closing for some time, that hasn't materialized

Dom

Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2016, 10:12:23 AM
Tbf there were strong rumours of Wednesfield closing for some time, that hasn't materialized

Heard that the drivers have been told and it will be closed in July next year apparently

winston

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2016, 01:13:47 PM
Heard that the drivers have been told and it will be closed in July next year apparently

Why July?

I believe a large number of Centro tenders that Arriva Hill Top won on a 5 year term in 2012 will expire April 2017 & be up for re-tender

Bob

Anyone believe it about Cannock then?

Bob

Quote from: mikestone on November 14, 2016, 09:30:51 AM
The CMA would almost certainly have something to say about it, especially with the 54 and 154 having already driven Arriva off the 76.

Why would the 154 have an effect on the 76. It would more likely effect the 70

Bob

I'm surprised they'd want the depot . Woulda thought they'd manage it from wolves and walsall

Dom

Quote from: Bob on November 14, 2016, 02:59:18 PM
I'm surprised they'd want the depot . Woulda thought they'd manage it from wolves and walsall

Why have all the dead running when you can reduce it by using something that's already there. Apparently it'll be a new branch for NX. Similar to Coventry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk