News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 26, 2020, 03:03:23 PM
Didn't want to open a new topic just for this, so have put it here as it was a PN bus.

(see attached) how can a ticket only be valid to the stop you got on at??

Probably just "one of those things".

Reminds me of the time I caught a Diamond 50 from Highgate to travel to Kings Heath. I asked for and received a £2.40 adult single fare which would be valid all the way to Maypole, but the printed ticket showed it was only valid to 'Louise Lorne Road'. To be honest, I had to look this up when I got home as I'd never heard of it, turns out its in Moseley and the stop itself is no longer in use (between Trafalgar Road and Park Hill).

I'm sure if you'd have been challenged by an inspector they'd have been able to figure it out.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Pat

Quote from: Stu on February 26, 2020, 06:44:05 PM
Probably just "one of those things".

Reminds me of the time I caught a Diamond 50 from Highgate to travel to Kings Heath. I asked for and received a £2.40 adult single fare which would be valid all the way to Maypole, but the printed ticket showed it was only valid to 'Louise Lorne Road'. To be honest, I had to look this up when I got home as I'd never heard of it, turns out its in Moseley and the stop itself is no longer in use (between Trafalgar Road and Park Hill).

I'm sure if you'd have been challenged by an inspector they'd have been able to figure it out.  ;)
I would have thought that an inspector wouldn't be bothered what the stop on the ticket says, just as long as you've paid the right fare.

Stu

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on February 26, 2020, 06:56:03 PM
I would have thought that an inspector wouldn't be bothered what the stop on the ticket says, just as long as you've paid the right fare.

Maybe so for a full single fare, but they might pay more attention if its a short hop ticket.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 26, 2020, 03:03:23 PM
Didn't want to open a new topic just for this, so have put it here as it was a PN bus.

(see attached) how can a ticket only be valid to the stop you got on at??
service 28 or 7 to stour bus interchange at a guess

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on February 26, 2020, 07:21:59 PM
service 28 or 7 to stour bus interchange at a guess

Sorry Karl was the 10A
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Jack

Are Platinums on the 2/2A a usual occurrence on Saturdays?

Pat

Quote from: Jack on February 29, 2020, 03:30:34 PM
Are Platinums on the 2/2A a usual occurrence on Saturdays?
No

Jack

Pat

Quote from: Jack on February 29, 2020, 03:50:27 PM
There's two on it, 6941 and I think 6942?
Normally tridents on Saturdays.

karl724223

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on February 29, 2020, 03:55:31 PM
Normally tridents on Saturdays.
wrong e200 8xx have to go on there due to interworking on late night 7/18 on some Saturday boards

ARBB

There's only 2 boards on the 2 service which can use deckers on a Saturday now, there was an issue last week where the allocator didn't check and all 5 boards had deckers. These were changed over in due course though.

Tony

Pensnett have actually managed to get all the spare parts for 3304 at last and it is out in service today for the first time for many months on the 6

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2020, 08:49:51 AM
Pensnett have actually managed to get all the spare parts for 3304 at last and it is out in service today for the first time for many months on the 6

3304 had ticket machine problems today, saw it leaving Stourbridge Bus Station on the 6 around 15:30 today with the driver just waving people on.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Rapid e400 on the 9 tonight. Not experienced speed and acceleration like that for a long time. Sensational vehicle. There was another e400 on the 9. And a b7rle on the x10

Dylanbusboy45

6109 just arrived Stourbridge on the 9 if anyone's interested

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk