News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Had 6106 on the 9 today. Driver being supervised by another driver. The driver who was supervising was telling the driver to crawl up the Hagley road to avoid overtaking 'let him do all the work' to be exact. You wonder why us passengers get pissed off?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 25, 2019, 04:31:19 PM
Had 6106 on the 9 today. Driver being supervised by another driver. The driver who was supervising was telling the driver to crawl up the Hagley road to avoid overtaking 'let him do all the work' to be exact. You wonder why us passengers get pissed off?

As 6106 has been on time on every trip today he was being taught how to run to the timetable. You'd be the first to moan if a bus was early

Stuharris 6360

4428 is on the 28 (short journeys) today, don't think this is noteworthy anymore.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 25, 2019, 04:31:19 PM
If your running to the timetable why overtake you only end up arriving at the next timing point early where you end up waiting departure time thus annoying customers for being stationary while that bus you overtook earlier sails past annoying customers further, there,re  certain drivers that do take the piss I won't overtake them regardless , every garage has them the ones that like being your  shadow you see them smiling in the mirrors.

Jack6101

6937 has it arrived yet ?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

filbus1

Tony

Trident 4194

Nice to see a streetdeck on the 9 today

Jack6101

If any one wants 6716 it's on the 6 leaving Dudley at 14:48
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4194

Trident 4194

Driver today already overriding the stop start technology on the 9 today. What the point in having it if it's not going to be used? No time is lost anyway by the engine turning off

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 04, 2019, 09:42:27 PM
Driver today already overriding the stop start technology on the 9 today. What the point in having it if it's not going to be used? No time is lost anyway by the engine turning off

Driver cannot over ride it

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 04, 2019, 09:42:27 PM

Now my experience today was completely the opposite, was on a WN Platinum on the X7 waiting in traffic near Burnt Tree Island and every time we moved a few yards the engine would start and then when we came to a stop, the engine would stop. To be honest it started to get on my nerves and surely all this start/stop can't do the engine much good?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2019, 10:02:15 PM
Driver cannot over ride it

This driver was. Before opening the doors he would rev the engine? I believe it was 6937 or 6939. Only at the bus station did he let the engine turn off properly

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 05, 2019, 08:02:37 AM
This driver was. Before opening the doors he would rev the engine? I believe it was 6937 or 6939. Only at the bus station did he let the engine turn off properly

Your talking rubbish. What you are saying is he stopped, put the handbrake on, revved the engine then opened the doors at each stop? If he didn't do it in that order then the bus wouldn't stop! and it certainly wasn't 6937 which won't be in use for a few days

If the bus needs electricity then the engine doesn't stop/start for obvious reasons otherwise there might not be enough electricity for the starter motor to restart the engine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk