News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 09, 2017, 08:41:11 PM
If you're already making two journeys a day (in and out of the city centre), a Daysaver is already cheaper than buying two single tickets. So to the passenger, buying a Daysaver is no more expensive if you have to catch 4 buses in one day, than 2 buses, in order to complete your journey.

But currently if you travel from Welsh House Farm to Birmingham you pay £2.40, under the new services it will cost more and it shouldn't, it should cost exactly the same.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

j789

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 09, 2017, 08:51:16 PM
But currently if you travel from Welsh House Farm to Birmingham you pay £2.40, under the new services it will cost more and it shouldn't, it should cost exactly the same.

Only on a single ticket. I'd think very few people would make a one way trip from there and the only way back without a car is by bus so the fare would be no more (also I would think some people would already change buses in Harborne High street for a city bound 22/23/24/29 which would be quicker.

Adam 404

Quote from: j789 on March 09, 2017, 08:47:58 PM
This is a genuine question related to the above data analysis. Do NX actively monitor whether their drivers always record every passenger journey made, paeticularly those using day tickets or passes? I know it must be easier now to ensure this with the new scanners but I have been on plenty of NXWM buses in the past where the drivers have not inputted any data to record a pass getting on, hence it would seem like there were less passengers using the bus than there actually was. On one journey I remember in particular, the driver between Harborne and Town the Driver sold 4 cash tickets but did not record a single pass getting on - a further 15 people (I was sat at the front so could see this) - therefore the data would show only 4 people used the bus when actually 19 had?
Yes, when working with the part of the NX team, I was asked to record passenger numbers on Perry Barr Garage 77. It transpires that the driver of my journey was 1 passenger short while my colleague found that there was 6 passengers missing from the data.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 09, 2017, 08:51:16 PM

Three years ago an off-peak return from Welsh House Farm to Birmingham was £4.20, in May it can now be £3.80.

Kevin

Ok. Genuine question
Why all the concern about the Welsh House Farm estate?
Short walk and you're on the 22/23 or the other way the 24, much less to walk from any part of that estate to a high frequency bus route than a lot of other people and those routes are so much quicker than the 99
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2017, 10:04:14 PM
Ok. Genuine question
Short walk and you're on the 22/23 or the other way the 24, much less to walk from any part of that estate to a high frequency bus route than a lot of other people and those routes are so much quicker

Good point @Kevin, I have always understood that it is inconsiderant parking that causes some of the delays on the 99, so if it was me, i would direct the 99 away from the area. That would at least aleviate one part of the problem.

If Network West Midlands are so concerned about having the estate covered, then they could lay on a service.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2017, 10:04:14 PM
Ok. Genuine question
Short walk and you're on the 22/23 or the other way the 24, much less to walk from any part of that estate to a high frequency bus route than a lot of other people and those routes are so much quicker than the 99

From the middle of the estate it's not really that short a walk, particularly if you're elderly.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on March 09, 2017, 10:30:18 PM
From the middle of the estate it's not really that short a walk, particularly if you're elderly.

From the middle of my estate it's further to a main road, and we get the once an hour Monday - Saturday daytime 424 or lump it
Welsh House Farm doesn't need a 20 mins frequency to the city centre

Don't particularly mean to sound harsh or anything, just saying in the grand scheme of things the bus service they have got there are a bit overkill compared to similar areas elsewhere

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2017, 10:35:32 PM
From the middle of my estate it's further to a main road, and we get the once an hour Monday - Saturday daytime 424 or lump it
Welsh House Farm doesn't need a 20 mins frequency to the city centre

Don't particularly mean to sound harsh or anything, just saying in the grand scheme of things the bus service they have got there are a bit overkill compared to similar areas elsewhere

Maybe they should have just run a 99A around the estate once an hour, that may have helped slightly with reliability.

Kevin

Get the authorities to reroute the 10 and have done with it

don

Quote from: Mike K on March 09, 2017, 10:30:18 PM

Or disabled. There are major issues for accessibility (you guys suggesting diverting services should borrow some crutches sometime and try walking for 15 minutes) when operators move services without due consideration of these effects (Diamond were recently lambasted in Parliamentary debate about bus service changes in Solihull for this very issue - making diversions for apparent operating convenience with scant regard for public engagement and feedback (service S3). This is not the way to go if, as an operator, you aspire to be a quality operator providing a comprehensive service (BCC was originally set up as a Deregulation-permitted passenger chaser on existing routes, plus some coaching work - from my observation it hasn't changed much (apart from losing the coaching business) through successive ownership).

The whole point with accessible buses and bus routes is to put them in the places people need them. This service also serves key hospitals, another accessibility issue, to core health services.

I had understood the route had been split not because of delays between QE and Halesowen but because of significant delays at various locations between Birmingham City Centre and QE - if not what's been done wouldn't help reliability.

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Trident 4194

2 Crimson tridents on 9 one replacing 6105 which was broken down

winston

@9am this morning, trainer 1349 was going through the bus wash & WB's 4738 was parked infront of the office

karl724223

Quote from: Winston on March 23, 2017, 10:52:43 AM
@9am this morning, trainer 1349 was going through the bus wash & WB's 4738 was parked infront of the office
4738 went to a drivers funeral down Stourbridge

Trident 4609

3304 currently parked up at Midland Truck & Van on Wednesfield Way, Wednesfield.

@Westy not sure. Haven't seen any photos of it. I saw it about 45 mins before i posted this. Chances are that it is pictured where i mentioned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk