News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2017, 01:06:28 PM
So why wasn't everything changed last Sunday, seems daft to keep changing the 244 around?

Wouldn't it just have been easier to split the 99 at the QE if it is that bad a service?

They'll need to change the 4H again judging by those amazing loadings 😂

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 01:11:20 PM

They'll need to change the 4H again judging by those amazing loadings 😂

May I ask @Trident 4194 , have you seen any of the evening/sunday journey's on the 4H (E)? and if so were they well patronised?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2017, 01:18:14 PM
May I ask @Trident 4194 , have you seen any of the evening/sunday journey's on the 4H (E)? and if so were they well patronised?

Haven't seen the loadings of an evening but of a Sunday it runs pretty much empty. A double decker is so wasted on there on a Sunday.

The only thing they have against diamond is they start service earlier and finish later. I just been on a diamond 4H and it was very well used, saw a NX one and it had 2 people on. Seems diamond are leading at the moment. The fact they run behind each other is ridiculous.

Furthermore residents now have 9 buses per hour on some sections of the route with the 142 aswell, which is not necessary at all.

Where are the remaining of the plastics meant to go now that 243/244 has reduced PVR?

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 01:24:30 PM
Haven't seen the loadings of an evening but of a Sunday it runs pretty much empty. A double decker is so wasted on there on a Sunday.

The only thing they have against diamond is they start service earlier and finish later. I just been on a diamond 4H and it was very well used, saw a NX one and it had 2 people on. Seems diamond are leading at the moment. The fact they run behind each other is ridiculous.

Furthermore residents now have 9 buses per hour on some sections of the route with the 142 aswell, which is not necessary at all.

Where are the remaining of the plastics meant to go now that 243/244 has reduced PVR?

A) A decker is not wasted as, also stated earlier) it is on the 140/241!
B) I don't get why you dislike NX so much? Diamond run a service, NX run a service, NX combined two services to create more reliable services (Also creating more links)
C) Why complain about the fact there is 9 buses an hour... when a majority is Diamond, NX are now going there so they have a service, how many an hour when the 244 when round Hayley Green?
D) It is losing 1 bus! There are still 8 running boards on there instead of 9.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

Well presumably it will only be a temporary reduction in PVR as when the 244 (or whatever number they choose to call it) goes to The QE then the PVR will rise again.

What winds me up about all this, is that they have altered all these routes just because the 99 is so unreliable. As you rightly say, some parts of Hayley Green are inundated with buses, while parts of the old 244 route are uncovered. On Sundays, deckers are used on the 4H runs which is surely such a waste of resources.

My solution to the problem would have been to leave the 244 and 4H routes as they were, maybe cut the 244 to half hourly, and just to split the 99 in half. If that wouldn't work, then simply withdraw the 99 between the QE and Halesowen and get Diamond to cover it with the 142.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on February 28, 2017, 01:30:17 PM
A) A decker is not wasted as, also stated earlier) it is on the 140/241!
B) I don't get why you dislike NX so much? Diamond run a service, NX run a service, NX combined two services to create more reliable services (Also creating more links)
C) Why complain about the fact there is 9 buses an hour... when a majority is Diamond, NX are now going there so they have a service, how many an hour when the 244 when round Hayley Green?
D) It is losing 1 bus! There are still 8 running boards on there instead of 9.

B)New links what new links? The only bloody place you can go is Walsall?? The NX always seems to be behind the diamond.

C) people are now getting off at huntingtree park and walking to homes in bassnage/ high farm, as they don't want to waste their life away spending 15 mins going around the entire of Hayley green. So now the diamond is deemed as more inviting.

D) it was just a question no need for exclamation marks.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
Well presumably it will only be a temporary reduction in PVR as when the 244 (or whatever number they choose to call it) goes to The QE then the PVR will rise again.

No - overall PVR decreases
What winds me up about all this, is that they have altered all these routes just because the 99 is so unreliable. As you rightly say, some parts of Hayley Green are inundated with buses, while parts of the old 244 route are uncovered. On Sundays, deckers are used on the 4H runs which is surely such a waste of resources.

As Dom has already stated, the bus is doing the trip in layover time off the 140/241 so is not actually using any resource

My solution to the problem would have been to leave the 244 and 4H routes as they were, maybe cut the 244 to half hourly, and just to split the 99 in half. If that wouldn't work, then simply withdraw the 99 between the QE and Halesowen and get Diamond to cover it with the 142.

NX are really going to get another operator to cover a profitable route

Trident 4194

That would be a stupid move to withdraw the 99. Can't they just change the timetable??? Or is it past hope?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 01:43:24 PM

B)New links what new links? The only bloody place you can go is Walsall?? The NX always seems to be behind the diamond.

You are allowed to get off in Blackheath, Oldbury or West Bromwich you know, you're not forced to go to Walsall

Stuharris 6360

What part of the 99 route is unreliable @Tony ?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 01:47:17 PM
That would be a stupid move to withdraw the 99. Can't they just change the timetable??? Or is it past hope?

The solution was easy if you think about it, keep everything as it was and extend the 4H to the QE!!

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2017, 01:48:28 PM
What part of the 99 route is unreliable @Tony ?

Lots of it, To keep the current service running reliably would need extending the running time which would cost an extra bus and make the service unsustainable

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2017, 01:54:35 PM
Lots of it, To keep the current service running reliably would need extending the running time which would cost an extra bus and make the service unsustainable

To be honest NX seem do seem to be cutting corners in order to save money. Why not reduce the frequency of the 99 to every 30 mins in order to improve reliability

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 01:58:12 PM
To be honest NX seem do seem to be cutting corners in order to save money. Why not reduce the frequency of the 99 to every 30 mins in order to improve reliability

Cutting corners? Your suggestion is the reduction in frequency for people, not NX's. You then have to either also reduce the 98 to keep the even frequency to the QE from Birmingham or have a completely uneven service.

NX's solution maintaines the 10 minute frequency there and also maintains frequencies at every other bus stop, but hopefully making the service more reliable as well

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2017, 02:03:35 PM
Cutting corners? Your suggestion is the reduction in frequency for people, not NX's. You then have to either also reduce the 98 to keep the even frequency to the QE from Birmingham or have a completely uneven service.

NX's solution maintaines the 10 minute frequency there and also maintains frequencies at every other bus stop, but hopefully making the service more reliable as well

So what actually is the 99 going to do?? And the 244?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk