News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 22, 2017, 08:36:55 PM
Here's a question: was 6116 on x10/9 board today?

there is no running board X10-9

Dom

Quote from: Tony on February 22, 2017, 08:48:59 PM

Blast Tony. You beat me to it!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 22, 2017, 08:48:59 PM

You know what I mean. Are drivers given routes to start points/ depot or do drivers make there own up?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 22, 2017, 09:15:56 PM
You know what I mean. Are drivers given routes to start points/ depot or do drivers make there own up?

Of course they make their own up? How would that work?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 22, 2017, 09:15:56 PM

The route taken for dead running is stated on the running boards.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Nathan on February 22, 2017, 09:22:21 PM

Thankyou Nathan, just thought of your familiar with an area you could make your own route up

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 22, 2017, 09:29:17 PM
Thankyou Nathan, just thought of your familiar with an area you could make your own route up

Until you take your upper deck off because of a low bridge....

Mike K

Quote from: Nathan on February 22, 2017, 09:22:21 PM

Does that apply to all garages? Reason I ask is that in the past I've seen 24s run dead back towards town via Ridgeacre Rd and Court Oak Rd towards Harborne, but others run via West Boulevard and Northfield Rd / War Lane. Appreciate it's not a PN route but the original question was posted here so makes sense to ask it here.

Dom

Doris meant to be arriving tomorrow.

winston

Quote from: Dom on February 22, 2017, 11:20:00 PM
Doris meant to be arriving tomorrow.

Is that your pet name for @karl724223 ??  ;D

don

Quote from: Dom on February 22, 2017, 09:58:30 PM
Until you take your upper deck off because of a low bridge....

Although professional drivers should notice not only the warning/Regulatory signs but the bridge itself. To not do so is akin to driving the wrong way on to a motorway or dual carriageway or in a one way street. Driving without due care and attention for us non-professionals.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

Quote from: Mike K on February 22, 2017, 10:36:26 PM
Does that apply to all garages? Reason I ask is that in the past I've seen 24s run dead back towards town via Ridgeacre Rd and Court Oak Rd towards Harborne, but others run via West Boulevard and Northfield Rd / War Lane. Appreciate it's not a PN route but the original question was posted here so makes sense to ask it here.

No. Theres two routes to various points on the 11. I.e. From Bearwood you can go via Five Ways and Highgate Road or via the 1 route. It's just there as a guide really. I used to go my own way plenty of times. I regularly came back from Perry Barr via City (purely to see any rare workings) under the tunnel at the Fire Station, and put by the markets and down either the 31 route or the 37. Once I was coming back via Lawley Middleway and there was a Blues match on so I turned right at the Merc Garage/Big Johns, down the 97 route to Digbeth, and then left towards Camp Hill and back down Stratford Road/Warwick Road.

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on February 23, 2017, 03:39:55 AM
your another lost village idiot

You're the only village idiot with the constant crap comments you fill up this forum with!

Chill Doris!

Tony

New arrival 4180 out on the 129 today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk