News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

Quote from: karl724223 on December 07, 2016, 04:44:18 AM
43xx tridents to Walsall from pn
Probably down to the good age profile at PN.

winston

And they've pretty much all moved

don

doh......... I forgot about that!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

HAJ1073

Just to shunt back a few posts regarding platinum vehicles and routes, is the said brand reserved for deckers only? Thinking about what was said about the X96 and the suggestion of this route going platinum for example, why not a platti mmc 300? Ig if ADL have one in production or another manufacturer with a full size single decker ?? Just a thought.

winston

Quote from: HAJ1073 on December 07, 2016, 11:26:58 AM
Just to shunt back a few posts regarding platinum vehicles and routes, is the said brand reserved for deckers only? Thinking about what was said about the X96 and the suggestion of this route going platinum for example, why not a platti mmc 300? Ig if ADL have one in production or another manufacturer with a full size single decker ?? Just a thought.

There's no reason why there couldn't be a Platinum spec single deck version, seating capacity will be reduced slightly due to increased legroom. Just can't see NXWM needing many new single deckers for a while, as their oldest single deckers are the 2006 (56 plate B7RLE's @ WA & Dundee), focus will no doubt be on removing the Euro 3 double deckers that won't be being repainted/refurbished from service i.e up to 4424. Plus I can't see Pensnett gaining any more new buses for a while, as it already top of the leader board in terms of average age.

Tony

Quote from: HAJ1073 on December 07, 2016, 11:26:58 AM

The E200MMC is a full size single decker. A-D haven't produced an E300 for some time

HAJ1073

Thanks Tony for the info on the MMC 200s , have not come across one close up or Read up  about them, i assumed they were same size as 8xx 👍
  Further to my speculation about single decks platinum's, the X96 was used as an example thinking of low trees etc with single deck vehicles eliminating these kind of restrictions.
Just my thoughts and curiosity 😀😀

BK63 YWP

6713 in Merry Hill saying Happy Retirement well it has had a hard year on the 957s and the X10 just finished it off
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

ARBB

Next stop announcements now live on 6712

filbus1

3305-140 not sure how noteworthy this is.

P419 EJW

Quote from: filbus1 on December 07, 2016, 04:21:29 PM

@Dom or @karl724223 shall clarify for you. ::)

karl724223

Quote from: filbus1 on December 07, 2016, 04:21:29 PM
i would say noteworthy Phil as they live on 9/246 it was booked out of garage this morning and was still out this afternoon
Now more drivers on merry hill and Dudley have been type trained on them they might pop up on other pn decker routes

the trainbasher

It's a PN Bus on a PN route!!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: HAJ1073 on December 07, 2016, 12:47:30 PM
Thanks Tony for the info on the MMC 200s , have not come across one close up or Read up  about them, i assumed they were same size as 8xx 👍
  Further to my speculation about single decks platinum's, the X96 was used as an example thinking of low trees etc with single deck vehicles eliminating these kind of restrictions.
Just my thoughts and curiosity 😀😀

To add to what Tony already said, the Enviro200 Euro6 (MMC) is available in a variety of configurations, so can be built as a midi-bus or full length single decker:
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/products/enviro200-euro6/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ashley 60171

Quote from: pndriver on December 07, 2016, 03:30:33 PM
Next stop announcements now live on 6712

Sorry to sound like an anorak but is it the full "the next stop is... Such and such" or just the name of the stop. I've said before I do prefer the first option.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk