News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on March 29, 2016, 02:24:41 PM
They won't do that, as Intu would have to sacrifice car park spaces

They are moving bus station I overheard centro inspectors, saying they are getting rid of the layover spaces a couple of months back. Whether they will is another matter

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 29, 2016, 04:02:36 PM
They are moving bus station I overheard centro inspectors, saying they are getting rid of the layover spaces a couple of months back. Whether they will is another matter

They won't.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 29, 2016, 04:02:36 PM

It's only a proposal for if/when the Metro gets extended to Merry Hill. If it does move, the bus station will no doubt be moved well away from the shopping centre, as there is little vancant land to re-develop close by & there's no way any car parks will be sacrificed & re-located further away instead.

Dom

Intu are a lot more willing to have a new bus 'interchange' that Westfield were. Intu's main concern is the business effect. For there to be a new bus station it will mean the current one will have to close (More than likely). If this happens it will mean stopping within seconds of the shopping centre will be almost impossible (except for the 81 and X96), this subsequently means that temporary stops will need to be put in place, the only really viable location for this is "the Bulavard", which is a good 5 mins walk to the shopping centre for healthy, well abled people. This time could be longer for the elderly, people with heavy shopping, parents with pushchairs. This means Merry Hill would not be an easily accessible shopping location for those who cannot drive, this means merry Hill lose customers to other easily accessible locations, such as Wolverhampton or at a push Birmingham. Meaning Merry Hill would lose money over the few years it will be rebuilt so it's just not worth it on Intu's part.

ARBB

Quote from: Dom on March 29, 2016, 04:48:15 PM
Intu are a lot more willing to have a new bus 'interchange' that Westfield were. Intu's main concern is the business effect. For there to be a new bus station it will mean the current one will have to close (More than likely). If this happens it will mean stopping within seconds of the shopping centre will be almost impossible (except for the 81 and X96), this subsequently means that temporary stops will need to be put in place, the only really viable location for this is "the Bulavard", which is a good 5 mins walk to the shopping centre for healthy, well abled people. This time could be longer for the elderly, people with heavy shopping, parents with pushchairs. This means Merry Hill would not be an easily accessible shopping location for those who cannot drive, this means merry Hill lose customers to other easily accessible locations, such as Wolverhampton or at a push Birmingham. Meaning Merry Hill would lose money over the few years it will be rebuilt so it's just not worth it on Intu's part.

The bus station in Wolverhampton is even further away from the shops (not that any are open there)

Merry hill bus station was fun around 9am this morning when every service arrived on time

Dom

Quote from: pndriver on March 29, 2016, 07:35:14 PM
The bus station in Wolverhampton is even further away from the shops (not that any are open there)

Yes but almost every route stops within a minute walking distance of the shopping centre.

Solo1

Is there any truth in pensnett  having 5 more streetdecks  &due in April

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on March 30, 2016, 06:21:46 AM
Is there any truth in pensnett  having 5 more streetdecks  &due in April

I doubt PN will get anything else until NX have decided on the X10 & if it will become Platinum, I'd guess you're looking at mid June + at the earliest

Ashley 60171

4433 - PE9 - has this replaced the Streetwrecker?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 30, 2016, 03:08:30 PM
4433 - PE9 - has this replaced the Streetwrecker?

I think so as I haven't seen streetdeck and I think I saw most 9 boards

s94

I saw the street deck in Lye this morning but that was fairly early on.

karl724223

3301 was out this morning and still out when I left garage at 1700

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 30, 2016, 05:55:04 PM
I think so as I haven't seen streetdeck and I think I saw most 9 boards

3301 did the complete 9-17 board until nearly 10 o'clock tonight, so you are completely wrong

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2016, 10:29:00 PM
3301 did the complete 9-17 board until nearly 10 o'clock tonight, so you are completely wrong

Whilst Ashley sits here completely annoyed with himself for missing it. In all fairness I don't know how many more times I can admire the floor at Halesowen bus station before I transform into a Grandad like something out of back to the future. Maybe next week I'll get it.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 30, 2016, 11:31:16 PM
Whilst Ashley sits here completely annoyed with himself for missing it. In all fairness I don't know how many more times I can admire the floor at Halesowen bus station before I transform into a Grandad like something out of back to the future. Maybe next week I'll get it.

I would have thought you would have seen it waiting in Halesowen for an hour, as you got the Stourbridge and Birmingham bound buses. Therefore I don't believe 3301 was out for all the day.

4350 yesterday had a driver thrashing the hell out of it, think it may have nearly reached speed limits

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk