News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 17, 2016, 09:27:03 PM
Whatever it is, suppose they have to wait for someone to arrive from Wrights to fix it!
correct

winston

Pensnett Garage now have 4 rows of portacabins 2 storey's high & the previous 'training' portacabin & another have ben re-located along the back fence.

monkeyjoe

297 every 40 mins, could other routes go down this route. Apologies   if already seen commented on

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 19, 2016, 07:03:05 PM
297 every 40 mins, could other routes go down this route. Apologies   if already seen commented on

For me, people find it easiest when buses run to 'clock-face' frequencies. Not a problem when frequent services run every few minutes, but for less frequent services, its easier to know that service X runs every 15 minutes (even at 3, 17, 33, and 47 minutes past the hour, every hour) or every 30 minutes (at 07 and 37 minutes past the hour). My local example of an 'irregular frequency' is Diamonds 36 service which runs every 45 minutes, unless I know the timetable off by heart, I couldn't tell you if it comes at 1, 16, 31 or 46 minutes past the hour, depending on the hour.

An irregular frequency such as every 40mins might be beneficial to the bus operator, but doesn't really help the passenger!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on February 19, 2016, 07:36:30 PM
For me, people find it easiest when buses run to 'clock-face' frequencies. Not a problem when frequent services run every few minutes, but for less frequent services, its easier to know that service X runs every 15 minutes (even at 3, 17, 33, and 47 minutes past the hour, every hour) or every 30 minutes (at 07 and 37 minutes past the hour). My local example of an 'irregular frequency' is Diamonds 36 service which runs every 45 minutes, unless I know the timetable off by heart, I couldn't tell you if it comes at 1, 16, 31 or 46 minutes past the hour, depending on the hour.

An irregular frequency such as every 40mins might be beneficial to the bus operator, but doesn't really help the passenger!

Totally agreed, Same with 142 now

Stuharris 6360

Wouldn't the 297 & Diamond 142 be better off with 45 minute frequencies, to me it is much easier to remember than 40 mins?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

notepanel

Quote from: Stu on February 19, 2016, 07:36:30 PM

I'd argue that in this instance it does help the passenger - I assume the route would not be financially viable with three buses on the circuit, so if the operator can not run a 30-minute frequency reliably (which the information on the website suggests it can't and hasn't been), I'm sure the users of the route will just be grateful to know the bus is going to turn up when it says rather than what is presumably currently happening where they stand at the bus stop and can be waiting any length of time.

Its not ideal, but I suspect the majority of passengers will catch the bus at a particular time each day so will learn the relevant times fairly quickly.

A reliable 40 minute service is better than an unreliable 30 minute service or no service at all.

Westy

I remember Walsall's old 341 (now 41) ending up as every 90 mins in the evenings, before WMT gave up & it went to tender as the 342, if I remember correctly.

Sh4318

The 18 (YW) service is every 45 minutes on Sunday evenings, which is better than hourly
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

karl724223

The 297 would probably have a chance of running to time if Dudley council sorted out parking problems in brierley hill high street and Russell's hall hospital sorted out there parking problems with the car parks and parking on the bend down by main entrance

Kevin

This talk of a 40 or 45 min frequency has cropped up before, and personal view is that it looks stupid.

Something like that sort of "give them a bus and the time it takes to do the route dictates the frequency" maybe works out in the countryside, but with so many examples of interworkings elsewhere in the West Midlands why can they not do this instead?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 27, 2016, 05:49:42 PM
I don't call one or two a day rare!

Then why did you place orders for bags of s*** on the 243/244 when there's not enough to cover boards anyway?

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 27, 2016, 06:09:20 PM
Then why did you place orders for bags of s*** on the 243/244 when there's not enough to cover boards anyway?

Tony doesn't place the orders.

B7RLE are the only other alternative single decker option at PN, same with Tridents filling in for E400MMC's

There should be more than enough E200's for the 222, 243/4 as 823 came back to PN & the 222 frequency was reduced.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2016, 06:17:27 PM
Tony doesn't place the orders.

B7RLE are the only other alternative single decker option at PN, same with Tridents filling in for E400MMC's

There should be more than enough E200's for the 222, 243/4 as 823 came back to PN & the 22 frequency was reduced.

Exactly so they are noteworthy  especially at weekends. When someone else said it was noteworthy, you agreed saying there not on there everyday!! What do you have against me @Tony ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk