News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn routes

Started by woody38, August 28, 2012, 06:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMK

With the withdrawal of 59/59H I'm guessing it'll soon be the end of NXWM's day return ticket on the 59  ;D
Also I've noticed on the VOSA site it says Diamond have got the 26A.
I wonder if they gained this from Midland (who currently have the tender) or it's a a commercial operation in competition with NXWM's daytime 26.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

winston

Quote from: Discodave on August 29, 2012, 12:47:36 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2012, 07:32:47 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 28, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: woody38 on August 28, 2012, 06:42:53 PM
Looks like Rotalo are slimming down there route network, the following rouites are down for withdrawn from October 2012 on the vosa site

56-56A  Brownhills West-Birmingham
59-59H Wolverhampton-Ashmore Park
167-168Erdington-Sutton
97         Birmingham-Solihull
82A       Balsall Comman-Solihull
332       Walsall Circular
37         Birmingham-Solihull
30         Solihull-Accocks Green
47         Coventry-Canley Station
41         Coventry Circular

The 37/56/97 certainly makes sense as it seems clear at the moment that Diamond do not have enough buses that will meet the emissions requirements from January 2013 for all their City Centre routes, and certainly having seen some of the loadings on their 37 service recently they can't be making much on there, and I imagine NXWM wouldn't have to put on any extra buses to cope.

Wonder about the 30 though, and whether another operator will take it over and have a go, though I think it might only survive as a peak-time 'school service', as that seemed to be the only times (when I travelled on it when operated by NXWM) it ever had any full loads.

Oh, and the VOSA site is here: http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_SelfServiceOpBusRegSearch_New.asp

Most of these are as a result of the October tender changes, now they are appearing here I can put on the odd ones I mentioned earlier. The 56A evenings has been won by NXWM (yes they do win some tenders!) they will be operated as 935As, see the route/timetable change for that also registered today.

The Arriva route, that they have not won the tender for is the 33A, Walsall to Brownhills which you will notice has been regsiered by Diamond.

Has the announcements been made though? and will the 935A run into brownhills or will it run a variation of the existing 935A into Walsall

Still no announcement on the Centro website,

But on VOSA today:

Hansons have cancelled the 240
Arriva have cancelled the 637 & 647

So they are obviously changing hands, also Green Bus are introducing a 125 Dudley - Wolves in competition with NXWM

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Any other information on the Green Bus 125? They don't seem to have much success on the 558 so why are they introducing another route? \

PM

Just thinking if the diamond withdrawal notice of the 56 is not a mistake then maybe it is being transferred onto the blue diamond operator license. Tho im sure most of us could deregister on vosa a route quite successfully making me ask the question: is diamond being run competently??

Discodave

Not since steve bryce and the steven dunn are now at your bus plus the engineering manager all from tividale rotala are more interested in preston,wessex and yourbus

PM

Quote from: Discodave on August 30, 2012, 02:09:38 PM
Not since steve bryce and the steven dunn are now at your bus plus the engineering manager all from tividale rotala are more interested in preston,wessex and yourbus

Agree with you here-wouldnt be surprised if yourbus was to become a rotala subsidary or were to buy premiere of nottingham to consolidate

hartshill busman 724210

Hansons have cancelled the 240 as it did`nt get put out to tender in the last round of bids due to poor user numbers.Only political pressure would save that particular route now i think.

winston

Quote from: wilmotm on August 30, 2012, 01:33:10 PM
Any other information on the Green Bus 125? They don't seem to have much success on the 558 so why are they introducing another route? \

Only this at this stage,

PD1090982/23 - THE GREEN BUS COMPANY LIMITED T/A THE GREEN BUS, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, BS18 5ST

Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Wolverhampton, Victoria Street
    Finish Point: Dudley Bus Station
    Via:
    Service Number: 125
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 22-OCT-2012
    Other Details: School term time only.

winston

Quote from: woody38 on August 28, 2012, 06:42:53 PM
Looks like Rotalo are slimming down there route network, the following rouites are down for withdrawn from October 2012 on the vosa site

167-168 Erdington-Sutton
82A        Balsall Comman-Solihull
47          Coventry-Canley Station
41          Coventry Circular

Looking at the NWM site, West Midlands Special Needs Transport have won the above Centro tenders off Blue Diamond

hartshill busman 724210

Is there a window of opportunity lurking in the shires here ,because with their losses of Centro routes and the culling of several "commercial"? ones it would seem that there are alot of buses going to be available to do other work.

Ash

With the sandwell network review may be diamond will start operating more commerical services around Sandwell again after they failed on so many last time but with the new ammendments and service numbers it could be seen as an oppotunity. I think though diamond are just trimming down and getting rid of the non profitable services allowing some of the older vehicles to be withdrawn sadly this means 3/4 solos a day on the 404E but with the odd versa too so not too bad.

winston

Quote from: hartshill busman on September 04, 2012, 11:56:12 PM
Is there a window of opportunity lurking in the shires here ,because with their losses of Centro routes and the culling of several "commercial"? ones it would seem that there are alot of buses going to be available to do other work.

Diamond currently have I think 23 redundant vehicles for sale, which include 13 x DAF/Wright Cadets 51/02 reg

Ash

Quote from: Winston on September 05, 2012, 12:30:54 AM

Diamond currently have I think 23 redundant vehicles for sale, which include 13 x DAF/Wright Cadets 51/02 reg

Im shocked that there selling some of there best vehicles being the cadets and i doubt they will be replaced by newer vehicles of a similar size either the smaller darts are more solo's from Preston or from down south.

Discodave

Quote from: Winston on September 05, 2012, 12:30:54 AM

They would fit in with Arrivas fleet if they would be intrested in second hand buses these actually are the best ones and would get rid of some of the midland darts and solos plus daf is only acrross the road in case of any major provlems

vinh1000

They should add 17 to that list though I think good they withdraw 37 as its most of the time empty
Good the 123 still running :D
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk