News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Solo1 - That is interesting to hear. It will be interesting to see what happens at the public inquiry.

@Steveminor - Yes i definetly agree with you. It is very unfair how they do not do anything when the big group bus operators do anything illegal.

@Tony - I realise that they may be looking at all bus operators but unfairly they seem to be far more interested in picking on all of the small independent bus operators. The large bus operators rarely get sent to public inquiries and they almost never get their licenses revoked. You might disagree with me but i definetly think that a lot of the time they just pick on the small independent bus operators.

@fleetline6477 - Do you know what happened with them. Did they get any fines.

winston

countryliner

Dom

08:02 Banga 82 leaves Bilston Bus Station at 07:54! ITS NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE UNTIL 08:00!

T840MAK

Quote from: WN on February 08, 2016, 07:56:46 AM
08:02 Banga 82 leaves Bilston Bus Station at 07:54! ITS NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE UNTIL 08:00!

Without knowing the timetable, are you sure it wasn't the one infront?
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Ashley 60171

Quote from: T840MAK on February 08, 2016, 08:24:50 AM

The one in front was on Friday.

Dom

Quote from: T840MAK on February 08, 2016, 08:24:50 AM

@T840MAK It's the first journey of the day dude :)

countryliner

@WN @Ashley 60171 @T840MAK - That is interesting to hear. But maybe it might have just been out of service but was displaying a route number and destination by mistake. Did you see if another bus arrived at 08:02 or are you sure that this bus was definetly operating early.

Dom

Quote from: countryliner on February 08, 2016, 04:01:43 PM
@WN @Ashley 60171 @T840MAK - That is interesting to hear. But maybe it might have just been out of service but was displaying a route number and destination by mistake. Did you see if another bus arrived at 08:02 or are you sure that this bus was definetly operating early.

He must of been out of service when having passengers board and getting off!

countryliner

@WN - I suppose that it could have just been a mistake. For example the driver might have been looking at the wrong timetable which is an easy mistake to make.

T840MAK

Quote from: countryliner on February 08, 2016, 04:20:01 PM
@WN - I suppose that it could have just been a mistake. For example the driver might have been looking at the wrong timetable which is an easy mistake to make.
Why would he be looking at the wrong timetable? Any decent operator would supply a bus driver with a running board for his specific duty. Its also alarming how he managed to arrive stupidly early too.

Quote from: WN on February 08, 2016, 03:35:30 PM
@T840MAK It's the first journey of the day dude :)
Fair enough @WN, you know how well I know the timetables and the area ;)
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

MW

Quote from: countryliner on February 08, 2016, 04:20:01 PM

Maybe he drove down to the local shop to get some change?

Tony

Quote from: MW on February 08, 2016, 04:49:09 PM
Maybe he drove down to the local shop to get some change?

Don't be silly, according to our friend from Surrey Small operators can do no wrong?

Even not operating services at all is OK because you cannot expect them to have the contingency plans that DVSA expect them to have.

Sod the passengers.

I fell sorry for the many good small operators who do do everything right getting tarred with the same brush by some

Dom

Quote from: T840MAK on February 08, 2016, 04:48:22 PM
Why would he be looking at the wrong timetable? Any decent operator would supply a bus driver with a running board for his specific duty. Its also alarming how he managed to arrive stupidly early too.

Banga don't have running boards Tom, they have a little slip of paper (That covers the speedo most of the time) that says the dep and arr time for each location. They time it really well so they don't need to change drivers.

Tony

Quote from: WN on February 08, 2016, 06:52:39 PM
they have a little slip of paper (That covers the speedo most of the time) that says the dep and arr time for each location.

IE - a running board!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk