News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Mixed opinions on the branding tbh. Looks a bit too big for the bus that it's used on when viewed on the side.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

countryliner

I know everyone has their own opinions but i think that the branding looks really good. It certainly stands out and is easy to see and read. I think that it might make more passengers aware of their route 530 service. I have definetly seen Banga Buses constantly improving over the years

winston

Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:15:23 PM
I know everyone has their own opinions but i think that the branding looks really good. It certainly stands out and is easy to see and read. I think that it might make more passengers aware of their route 530 service. I have definetly seen Banga Buses constantly improving over the years

It would have been useful to incorporate the places it serves in the branding, that's assuming the photo's are of the finished article?

Steveminor

I think the branding is a little big as well tbh & think it would have been better placed on the 891 ratger than the 530 asif it were me rrunning the same route as a competitor using a different number I'd want to make sure as many people as possible knew where the bus was going.
Social Travel had ordered branding for the 74a to be applied to the mpds but thsts not to be now & i dont see any advantage to branding the 11 as most passengers know where the 11 goes in much the same way as bangas 530 passengers know about tye bus.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on February 02, 2016, 06:29:47 PM
Do they give change?

Also,  i think the branding is a bit amatuer imo. They should have just left them as they are. The buses look smart as it is. As i say, just my opinion.

Sometimes I catch the Banga Buses on my route 545 (usually when I am in a hurry, they are quicker than NX82), the drivers do give change and they have been giving change for years.

Quote from: RS on February 02, 2016, 08:24:02 PM
Travel Express @Westy

I wouldn't compare Travel Express with Banga Buses. ::)

--

I've been commuting on Banga Buses (on 545) for years and I have never encountered a nasty incident between the driver and the passenger. Some drivers are nice, kind, and have a little chat with the regulars. A particular driver on 545 always greets passengers with a 'Alright, how you doin'?' and a smile, sometimes he asks how their relatives (those he knows) are - rest assured he does greet new/non-regular passengers haha.

MW

Quote from: Nathan on February 02, 2016, 06:29:47 PM
Do they give change?

It's like you read my mind. The million dollar question.

@countryliner do they give change?

countryliner

@Winston - Yes i agree that including the places that the route serves on the branding could be a good idea. Maybe that is something that they will add in the future.

@Steveminor - I see what you mean about the branding being big but i think that it might be a good thing as it will stand out more and make more people see it. That is interesring to hear about the branding that you ordered. But i agree that it is probably not needed for the 11C as most people will probably know about that route quite well (just out of interest will you be using four buses on the 11C).

@P419 EJW - That is good to hear. I have always had really nice friendly drivers when i have used Banga Buses in the past. They certainly have very good customer service.

@MW - Yes Banga Buses do indeed give change on all of their bus services and they always have done so. Here is a list of all of the bus operators in the UK that operate an exact fare policy and do not give change.
• Arriva (Wednesfield depot only)
• Ballantyne
• Canavan Travel
• Cardiff Bus
• Clan Travel
• Claribels
• Coakley
• Dunns Coaches
• E & M Horsburgh
• Eve Coaches
• First (Scotland only)
• Garelochhead Coaches
• Hansons
• JJ Travel
• Ipswich Bus (except routes 73A / 98 / 111 / 111A / 163 / 165 / 172 / 173 / 174 / 202 / 405 / 501 / 502 / 511 / 800 / 914 / 983 / 988 / X1 / X2 / X3 / X5)
• Lothian Buses (except route 100)
• Mackenzie Bus & Coach
• Mcnairn Coaches
• National Express (Coventry & Dundee & West Midlands only)
• Newport Bus
• Nottingham City Transport (except routes 1 and 100)
• Prentice Coaches
• Reading Buses (except routes 1 / 2 / 2A / 3 / 4 / 40 / 50 / 50A / 50B / 53 / 53A / 53B / 53X / 60 / 60A / 60B / 60C / 60E / 60M / 60X / 82 / 82K / 500 / X4)
• Rotala (all Preston Bus services only except routes 1 / 12 / 12A / 13 / 13A / 68 / 75 / 80 / 112 / 113 / 114)
• Thamesdown Transport
• Wilsons Of Rhu
I hope that this helps

winston

Quote from: MW on February 03, 2016, 02:49:36 AM
It's like you read my mind. The million dollar question.

@countryliner do they give change?

@MW & anyone else - the 'do they give change' comments stop now! They're getting repetative & annoying....... Winston

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on February 03, 2016, 08:33:39 AM
@MW @Nathan & anyone else - the 'do they give change' comments stop now! They're getting repetative & annoying....... Winston

No @Winston, that was meant to be a serious question. I'm sure they have fareboxes on their buses and that they are exact fare like the other operators in Wolverhampton. I was responding to a comment that was made further up the thread. Apologies. Should have added further detail as i agree that it looked like i was taking the mick.

@Nathan - fair enough, apologies mis-understood your comment, Winston

JoNi

Transport for London doesn't give change either!!

@JoNi - You were not exempt from the no more 'they give change' comments...., Winston

Solo1

Public Inquiry (52046) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 01 March 2016 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2245)
)
PD1078264 SN
RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES
4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS , WOLVERHAMPTON WV2 1DT
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S155 - Consideration of a financial penalty under Section 155 of the Transport Act 2000
PSV - Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on February 05, 2016, 03:31:11 PM
Public Inquiry (52046) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 01 March 2016 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2245)
)
PD1078264 SN
RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES
4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS , WOLVERHAMPTON WV2 1DT
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S155 - Consideration of a financial penalty under Section 155 of the Transport Act 2000
PSV - Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981

DVSA have been in both Wolverhampton & Dundee monitoring the performance of all companies in both Cities including NXWM & Stagecoach, so not just picking on the small ops before someone starts

Steveminor

Yeah Tony but nothing happening to nx or stagecoach.
I could say disabled been monitoring all operators in Stafford & we all know one operator isn't operating to registrations. But if nothing ever gets done to a large operator but small operators keep getting called up how does it look?

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 05, 2016, 06:29:33 PM
I could say disabled been monitoring all operators in Stafford & we all know one operator isn't operating to registrations. But if nothing ever gets done to a large operator but small operators keep getting called up how does it look?

So First haven't been called for PI's for poor reliability then Steve, Nor Stagecoach, of course they have and both have suffered large financial penalties and number of disc reductions.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Steveminor on February 05, 2016, 06:29:33 PM

ROTALA group Wessex were before the TC about 2 years ago over late running and failing to operate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk