News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Some unusual workings?

Started by Ossie, April 07, 2012, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Yes I counted 5 once more and two B7RLE again today. Two days in a row. Well done PE on the 246 over the last couple of days. I wonder where they have suddenly found these Enviro's from? My only guess is that the 141 has seen a few Merc's on it instead, but come the Summer when this isn't allowed the 246 could be relegated to just the couple of Enviro's again, I really hope a solution is found fairly quickly. As the Double Decker I was on today was absolutely packed full with all top deck seats occupied!

winston

I guess they could always use the spare B7RLE on the 141 and keep as many Enviros on the busiest 246 running boards. Pensnett do definitely need additional double deckers but I don't know where they could source them from internally, that is until any new ones are delivered at least.

Quote from: wilmotm on May 02, 2012, 06:11:38 PM
Yes I counted 5 once more and two B7RLE again today. Two days in a row. Well done PE on the 246 over the last couple of days. I wonder where they have suddenly found these Enviro's from? My only guess is that the 141 has seen a few Merc's on it instead, but come the Summer when this isn't allowed the 246 could be relegated to just the couple of Enviro's again, I really hope a solution is found fairly quickly. As the Double Decker I was on today was absolutely packed full with all top deck seats occupied!

richie

Quote from: winston on May 02, 2012, 06:50:53 PM
I guess they could always use the spare B7RLE on the 141 and keep as many Enviros on the busiest 246 running boards. Pensnett do definitely need additional double deckers but I don't know where they could source them from internally, that is until any new ones are delivered at least.

Sadley politics dictate that the 141 should be DD

I saw a B7RLE on the 141 today.
I think it was 2080

Rob H

Quote from: 4504 on May 02, 2012, 07:34:22 PM
I think it was 2080

I seen 598 on the 141 in Bearwood the other day ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: 4504 on May 02, 2012, 07:34:22 PM
I think it was 2080
Well that explains where at least one of the much needed extra Enviro's on the 246 came from. How full did it look? And how full does the 141 usually get? As I said the Enviro on the 246 was packed, would it have been as packed running the 141? I somehow think no as I've never seen an anywhere near full Enviro on the 141.

MW

Perhaps BC can send three Scanias to Perry Barr or Yardley Wood and then three Enviros to Pensnett? Three would be enough wouldn't it? The 141 could then be partly Enviro operated, or just B7RLE operated, depending on what sort of allocations Pensnett have on routes.

winston

I'm pretty sure PB are also struggling for double deckers as it is, which is why single deckers are used on the 907 when double deckers are needed due to overcrowding/complaints. Today according to the photo below a Solo appeared on the 907, which I'm sure went down really well with passengers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/6990134238/in/photostream

Plan A - was meant to be new Enviros in to PB for 33, while 8/9 B10L were withdrawn and possibly 5 07/57 reg Enviros would transfer to PE
Plan B - was in fact a handful of B10L withdrawn, while B&TL/ALX400 & B7TL/Wright Gemini were transferred to WB instead

I'd be very surprised if YW could spare any Enviros from the 50

Quote from: Michael on May 02, 2012, 08:21:41 PM

Perhaps BC can send three Scanias to Perry Barr or Yardley Wood and then three Enviros to Pensnett? Three would be enough wouldn't it? The 141 could then be partly Enviro operated, or just B7RLE operated, depending on what sort of allocations Pensnett have on routes.

MW

Quote from: winston on May 02, 2012, 09:03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure PB are also struggling for double deckers as it is, which is why single deckers are used on the 907 when double deckers are needed due to overcrowding/complaints. Today according to the photo below a Solo appeared on the 907, which I'm sure went down really well with passengers.

Plan A - was meant to be new Enviros in to PB for 33, while 8/9 B10L were withdrawn and possibly 5 07/57 reg Enviros would transfer to PE
Plan B - was in fact a handful of B10L withdrawn, while B&TL/ALX400 & B7TL/Wright Gemini were transferred to WB instead

There's always one or two Enviros elsewhere, but then, recently there has been a Trident on the 50, which look very out of place for some reason! Probably because I don't get Tridents around on my local routes anymore!

I'm sure Pensnett could then gain some Tridents from somewhere, or even Presidents if the 246 really is desperate for Deckers. I'm sure NX can spare one or the other from somewhere! In the interest of withdrawing Mercs, perhaps BC could send some to Pensnett as replacements. Having said all that, I find it highly unlikely, but it's still a possibilty isn't it? The Volvo B7TLs would fit in nicely with the recent B7RLEs, and with them having 4-5 year old interiors, it can't be all that bad.

winston

I think I've already suggested Presidents as an option for the 246 on another thread, there should be plenty going spare...... It would certainly get over the capacity problems on the 246 & others could be used on busy running boards on routes such as the 222, 276 & X96 to increase capacity. Any spare Enviros could then be used on the busiest running boards on routes 120, 241 etc which suffer from overcrowding at school times I believe.

Quote from: Michael on May 02, 2012, 09:09:39 PM

There's always one or two Enviros elsewhere, but then, recently there has been a Trident on the 50, which look very out of place for some reason! Probably because I don't get Tridents around on my local routes anymore!

I'm sure Pensnett could then gain some Tridents from somewhere, or even Presidents if the 246 really is desperate for Deckers. I'm sure NX can spare one or the other from somewhere! In the interest of withdrawing Mercs, perhaps BC could send some to Pensnett as replacements. Having said all that, I find it highly unlikely, but it's still a possibilty isn't it? The Volvo B7TLs would fit in nicely with the recent B7RLEs, and with them having 4-5 year old interiors, it can't be all that bad.

Are PB struggling with deckers? I've heard the 71A uses double deckers when they're not required, and there was a gemini working on the 952 (4513). I think presidents to PE would work, but does the 246 need deckers, it seemed to cope fine when the 311 was running along with the 246, and the last time I got on an enviro on the 246 it was empty, but I don't really catch it too often so I can't really comment that much.

winston

Not sure about PB then, I can only go on what I've seen reported. It may be more of an allocation issue with the 907 then, but I think that there are quite a number of issues/complaints regarding overcrowding on the single deckers used on the 907.

The 246 is a busy route, single deckers are fine during the day, but it's in the peaks when they struggle.

Quote from: 4504 on May 02, 2012, 10:09:14 PM
Are PB struggling with deckers? I've heard the 71A uses double deckers when they're not required, and there was a gemini working on the 952 (4513). I think presidents to PE would work, but does the 246 need deckers, it seemed to cope fine when the 311 was running along with the 246, and the last time I got on an enviro on the 246 it was empty, but I don't really catch it too often so I can't really comment that much.

MW

I'm sorry but since when was 4513 at Perry Barr. I might not have been on the ball about 4509, but I'm pretty sure 4513 isn't at Perry Barr!

Ash

No 4513 is at AG but wont be suprised if it makes its way to WB

Oh well... Like I keep up with PBs fleet list, all I know is a saw a gemini on colmore row with 952 route programmed into it, presumely coming from a shift on the 7/101

Quote from: Michael on May 02, 2012, 10:22:53 PM
I'm sorry but since when was 4513 at Perry Barr. I might not have been on the ball about 4509, but I'm pretty sure 4513 isn't at Perry Barr!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk