News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Destination Blind Lists

Started by Wumpty, January 04, 2022, 12:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Have you, or any contacts, got lists of old WMPTE/WMT/WM Buses/TWM/NXWM destination blinds?

I've recently acquired a printer that can print onto vinyl/Tyvek-type laminate and want to test it. If it works, I'd then like to produce and offer one for trial.

Can anyone help?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on January 04, 2022, 12:59:26 PM
Have you, or any contacts, got lists of old WMPTE/WMT/WM Buses/TWM/NXWM destination blinds?

I've recently acquired a printer that can print onto vinyl/Tyvek-type laminate and want to test it. If it works, I'd then like to produce and offer one for trial.

Can anyone help?

We are going to need some new number blinds for 3035
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, ,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L

Tony

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2022, 01:03:01 PM
We are going to need some new number blinds for 3035
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, ,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L

Tony

Certainly a starting point! What font was used?

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on January 04, 2022, 01:21:41 PM
Certainly a starting point! What font was used?

Good question!

I can check the width of the actual blinds and the height of the numbers/letters when I am next at Walsall but the font may be a bit harder

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2022, 01:45:54 PM
Good question!

I can check the width of the actual blinds and the height of the numbers/letters when I am next at Walsall but the font may be a bit harder
That's a start to test the clarity of the print. I've looked at the pics of similar buses on your site and think they're an elongated BCT/WMPTE numeral - I don't think there's a font available for it (looks like a quasi-free hand might be needed!!!!)

Westy

Seem to recall there was a 1981 (?) list of Walsall destinations in an old faretable booklet I picked up from Aston Manor a few years ago.

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on January 04, 2022, 03:39:41 PM
Seem to recall there was a 1981 (?) list of Walsall destinations in an old faretable booklet I picked up from Aston Manor a few years ago.

As the actress said to the Bishop, "Get it out then son!!!!"

Westy

PB2938

Quote from: Wumpty on January 04, 2022, 12:59:26 PM

Can anyone help?

I have a PB Timesaver blind list from 1994. I unrolled it then wrote it up in the exact close to format as possible.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Wouldn't mind seeing what was on the original 1986 Timesaver blind.

Would I be correct in thinking it was the exact same blind for ALL Timesaver vehicles irrespective of depot?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on January 04, 2022, 07:20:30 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing what was on the original 1986 Timesaver blind.

Would I be correct in thinking it was the exact same blind for ALL Timesaver vehicles irrespective of depot?

It was.

I have one of the original ones in store at Miller Street

PB2938

I've got a DY WB WA HY from 1988 and a BC/LH from 1989
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on January 04, 2022, 05:55:00 PM
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b0c44b693003458bcfcf6d42fb07052720220104175317/d37f3c3f321b39f44a38f5fa6b02371020220104175345/4d1422

We Transfer link, so only available for 7 days!
This IS a blast from the past. I remember some of the lower blinds using a non-standard font because of the letter (S) - I'm certain it was LT New Johnston typeface.

Quote from: PB2938 on January 04, 2022, 07:09:53 PM
I have a PB Timesaver blind list from 1994. I unrolled it then wrote it up in the exact close to format as possible.

I'd be grateful if you would share it PB - I'm playing about with the printer and colour settings at the minute and a Timesaver blond would be another good test for it.

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on January 05, 2022, 07:17:30 AM
This IS a blast from the past. I remember some of the lower blinds using a non-standard font because of the letter (S) - I'm certain it was LT New Johnston typeface.

I'd be grateful if you would share it PB - I'm playing about with the printer and colour settings at the minute and a Timesaver blond would be another good test for it.

Thinking about it, this would help with the restoration of 119 wouldn't it?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on January 05, 2022, 10:12:54 AM
Thinking about it, this would help with the restoration of 119 wouldn't it?
Most certainly - @Tony has already mooted 3035 - there's a lot of work to do on this printer to see if it will print them. In theory, it can handle the widths, fonts and colours, though it'll be a basic blind only, with no backing and no index numbers for the driver. It's also a very thirsty printer as it's used to printing vinyls for vehicles so i'll see the most cost-effective way of doing them.

If, and only IF it works, I'm happy to trial on a bus to see if they are suitable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk