News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Destination Blind Lists

Started by Wumpty, January 04, 2022, 12:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

I can't help with the actual lists, but I've worked in the print industry before as well as studying design at college. I'd be happy to lend a hand with that side of things if needed.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

PB2938

Quote from: Wumpty on January 05, 2022, 07:17:30 AM
This IS a blast from the past. I remember some of the lower blinds using a non-standard font because of the letter (S) - I'm certain it was LT New Johnston typeface.

I'd be grateful if you would share it PB - I'm playing about with the printer and colour settings at the minute and a Timesaver blond would be another good test for it.

Timesaver August 1994 PB
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Further to my earlier question & answer with Tony, regarding the very first Timesaver blind, when did the 'original' format of all Timesaver vehicles having the same blind get discontinued, in favour of each vehicle having the same local blind for the depot it was allocated at?

(I'm assuming any Timesavers allocated at Walsall, for example, would have had a 'standard' Walsall display albeit on one blind, rather than 2 separate lines?)

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on January 05, 2022, 06:12:23 PM
Further to my earlier question & answer with Tony, regarding the very first Timesaver blind, when did the 'original' format of all Timesaver vehicles having the same blind get discontinued, in favour of each vehicle having the same local blind for the depot it was allocated at?

(I'm assuming any Timesavers allocated at Walsall, for example, would have had a 'standard' Walsall display albeit on one blind, rather than 2 separate lines?)

I've got a 1991 WA /HY it featured both Hockley walsall Timesaver routes plus some other destinations used like

HY

Hamstead Blackheath

WA

Sutton Coldfield Brownhills
952A Rugeley

Westy

Quote from: PB2938 on January 05, 2022, 06:52:30 PM

I've got a 1991 WA /HY it featured both Hockley walsall Timesaver routes plus some other destinations used like

HY

Hamstead Blackheath

WA

Sutton Coldfield Brownhills

Does said blind contain the likes of 'Mossley' 'Lower Farm' 'Blakenall' & 'Beechdale'?

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on January 05, 2022, 08:48:49 PM
Does said blind contain the likes of 'Mossley' 'Lower Farm' 'Blakenall' & 'Beechdale'?

1991 only contains Bloxwich I have a 1995 DP blind dayglow blinds containing Moseley and Brownhills
952A Rugeley

PB2938

This is a 1987 blind dated Western Group containing

DY HY WA WB routes plus other WA destinations like Bloxwich Wolverhampton.

Brought of eBay

I also brought and Eastern group from eBay which contains BC lh
952A Rugeley

Westy

Looking at the 1987 attachment reminded me of one of the first major revisions of the network post deregulation, where the 951 got dropped from Bearwood & extended out the other way to Hednesford.(Think this is where the 952 came in via Cheslyn Hay, dropping the 302, as well as the 907?)

At this point, it was still the old Walsall St Pauls Station.

Now, for some reason, a typed notice was put on the shelter explaining about the changes, but ISTR the format of said notice seemed to be something that I'd suspect was more a notice that would go on the garage noticeboard, rather than a proper traffic notice you'd normally see.

It mentioned about the blinds not being up to date & being gradually updated, but until then certain destinations such as Hednesford would have to be accessed via the 'white on black' section of the blind instead!

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on January 05, 2022, 11:12:57 PM
Looking at the 1987 attachment reminded me of one of the first major revisions of the network post deregulation, where the 951 got dropped from Bearwood & extended out the other way to Hednesford.(Think this is where the 952 came in via Cheslyn Hay, dropping the 302, as well as the 907?)

At this point, it was still the old Walsall St Pauls Station.

Now, for some reason, a typed notice was put on the shelter explaining about the changes, but ISTR the format of said notice seemed to be something that I'd suspect was more a notice that would go on the garage noticeboard, rather than a proper traffic notice you'd normally see.

It mentioned about the blinds not being up to date & being gradually updated, but until then certain destinations such as Hednesford would have to be accessed via the 'white on black' section of the blind instead!

It  was September 1987 the 951/952 Birmingham Cannock introduced replacing 907.

951 via A5
951 via Cheslyn hay each every 30 minutes

Five ways still served peaks only till November.

Hednesford Rugeley started being served 1989.
15 minute combined service to Hednesford began 1990

951 via Pye Green
952 via Heath Hayes
952A Rugeley

PB2938

Quote from: PB2938 on January 05, 2022, 09:01:12 PM
This is a 1987 blind dated Western Group containing

DY HY WA WB routes plus other WA destinations like Bloxwich Wolverhampton.

Brought of eBay

I also brought and Eastern group from eBay which contains BC lh
952A Rugeley

Wumpty

Quote from: DJ on January 05, 2022, 01:52:39 PM
I can't help with the actual lists, but I've worked in the print industry before as well as studying design at college. I'd be happy to lend a hand with that side of things if needed.

Cheers @DJ - it's been standing for a good 3-4 years. It prints vinyl wrap perfectly, but anything else is very temperamental. Once it's sorted, I'll take you up on the offer of expertise.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2022, 01:03:01 PM
We are going to need some new number blinds for 3035
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, ,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L

Tony

The number reels in 3035 are 140mm wide, and the actual numbers are 230mm tall and 115mm wide ( for full width numbers). I haven't found a font name yet though

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2022, 12:49:35 PM
The number reels in 3035 are 140mm wide, and the actual numbers are 230mm tall and 115mm wide ( for full width numbers). I haven't found a font name yet though

Would anyone from Wythall/Aston Manor Aldridge know?

I think this has been asked before and I think it was an in-house font without a name.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on January 10, 2022, 01:12:16 PM
Would anyone from Wythall/Aston Manor Aldridge know?

I think this has been asked before and I think it was an in-house font without a name.

Aston Manor is on Facebook, if no one from there has an account on here.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2022, 12:49:35 PM

If it's just the numbers, I could probably recreate them from scratch.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk