News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Kevin on August 24, 2021, 12:18:33 PM
Didn't the 12 originally get deckers to compensate for a drop in frequency of single deckers on the 120? (or am I imagining the 120 used to be every 10 mins City - Oldbury?)

When the 12 & 12A were introduced, both routes maintained the every 10 minute frequency from City to Oldbury, but yeah, you're right, both routes did get deckers, alongside singles.

It wasn't until summer in 2019 that the 12 & 12A were reduced to every 30 minutes each, when the 13B was withdrawn but the allocation hasn't changed
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident4590

I'm wondering what the actual reason is for the 12/A to use city road instead of continuing down sandon road, isn't the service just going to be even more delayed, a bit annoying as I use those routes

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident4590 on August 24, 2021, 11:36:28 PM
I'm wondering what the actual reason is for the 12/A to use city road instead of continuing down sandon road, isn't the service just going to be even more delayed, a bit annoying as I use those routes

To alleviate the overcrowding on the 13/A along the City Road/Portland Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: Trident4590 on August 24, 2021, 11:36:28 PM

To be honest, using the signalled junction off the Hagley Road to Portland Road probably better than waiting for a break in traffic to get to Sandon Road. Realistically it isn't going to inconvenience many people, only one bus stop now won't get served on Sandon Road and that's right by the City Road junction
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack D

Temporary bus stops flags have been tied to lampposts on heathland avenue and brownfield road for the 96.

ellspurs

Quote from: Jack D on August 25, 2021, 12:02:57 PM
Temporary bus stops flags have been tied to lampposts on heathland avenue and brownfield road for the 96.

I hope they stick some more out as well. My brother pointed out to me that now the 96 is going around Lanchester Way it doesn't actually serve Green Lane shops, so they may want to plonk a stop a bit further down (the original bus stop layout on there was from when the 99/993/994 briefly used to come up Auckland Drive and turn right onto there, so the shops were served that way).

Also on the new roads being served in Kingstanding.

mesub

Some of the new timetables have been printed and put on the bus stops (or at least on Bristol Road South for the 20).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Westy

Notices now starting to appear on buses.

Saw one on 6768 this morning.

(Last time I was on 6768, it broke down outside Walsall Bus Station,  due to lack of power!)

Bus_user_jay

Are services 12/12A/13/13A going to be entirely operated by PN from 29th August? Or will WB still operate them too? I've never been able to work out how these are operated (Always feels very random) apart from the 6 weeks holidays.

Also I've not read anything about an extension of the 7 to Wolverhampton, so why will they be operating it? Is it interworking with another WN service? Seems a lot of dead mileage from Park Lane...

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on August 26, 2021, 10:50:31 PM
Are services 12/12A/13/13A going to be entirely operated by PN from 29th August? Or will WB still operate them too? I've never been able to work out how these are operated (Always feels very random) apart from the 6 weeks holidays.

Also I've not read anything about an extension of the 7 to Wolverhampton, so why will they be operating it? Is it interworking with another WN service? Seems a lot of dead mileage from Park Lane...

WN82 is the interworking service

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on August 26, 2021, 10:50:31 PM

12/13 run by pn from Sunday
7 will interwork changing service up Dudley 82 I think

Jack D

mesub

Quote from: Jack D on August 28, 2021, 02:45:02 PM
Has anyone seen any flag changes??

Can't remember now, I think I saw one or two.

They definitely have started updating destination displays though. 6889 had X21 to Woodcock Hill as a part route.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BBS

I havent seen any flag changes for the 41, 4A or 36 yet.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steveminor

Foremans rd has been closed all week which may have delayed the flag alterations for the 36 & 41

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk