News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on May 31, 2024, 08:12:59 PMpersonally i would like to see at least 1 Electric & 1 Hydrogen do a stint on the Outer Circle (Just Saying) my opinion doesn't matter anyway, wouldn't be hard to put 1 electric on there, i know AG can't charge them but maybe as PB used to have them 1 board could go temporarily to PB to run it ? :police:
It may have been last year or the year before, but one electric bus did do a stint on the Outer Circle the once, I believe it was arranged as a 'treat' for a retiring bus driver at AG.

Quote from: Mayfield on May 31, 2024, 08:35:00 PMAm I missing something here, these have not been used for the best part of 6 months, they are now being prepared for service still with no plans to use them.

Have a look back through this thread for the answers - most have been sitting around idle for several months and are probably low on fuel, so will need to be driven to Tyseley for refuelling, before they can even start a day's service.

Then the running boards/duty rotas will need to be adjusted again to factor in the driving to Tyseley out-of-service to refuel before heading back to Walsall garage.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on May 31, 2024, 08:54:55 PMIt may have been last year or the year before, but one electric bus did do a stint on the Outer Circle the once, I believe it was arranged as a 'treat' for a retiring bus driver at AG.

Have a look back through this thread for the answers - most have been sitting around idle for several months and are probably low on fuel, so will need to be driven to Tyseley for refuelling, before they can even start a day's service.

Then the running boards/duty rotas will need to be adjusted again to factor in the driving to Tyseley out-of-service to refuel before heading back to Walsall garage.

At least 3 are out of MoT as well as they didn't have enough fuel to get them to the testing station 

Mayfield

Stupid question not being familiar with the technology, can they be arranged to be filled on site (which I'm sure you'll say no) or will they have to be recovered to the fuelling facility 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on June 01, 2024, 08:24:25 AMStupid question not being familiar with the technology, can they be arranged to be filled on site (which I'm sure you'll say no) or will they have to be recovered to the fuelling facility
Could do either but a tow to Tyseley is cheaper than a tanker to Walsall 

don

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2024, 12:09:22 PMCould do either but a tow to Tyseley is cheaper than a tanker to Walsall
Would a tanker do several buses though? That's how Metrobus were keeping their partial fleet running at Crawley whilst the debacle over their fuelling station H and S permission has been rumbling on.

Re the NXWM hydrogens, I've never travelled on one but from the videos posted on line they sound rattle free and supremely quiet - no doubt Electroliners would be also - maybe we'll see some of those at some stage.

I would have though NX were relying on/hoping that hydrogen power would enable their coach fleet to go fully green so this experience with the buses at Walsall is no doubt providing must valuable experience. Or maybe the range of electrics will continue to improve.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Celestial Toymaker

obviously i know about the refueling problems, with Hydrogen's and believe me my only criticism is the lack of use, but after 3 years and at one time stating at least another 100 to be ordered, have we seen the end of this white elephant now, or are plans still in place to persist with them in future ?
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Stu

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on June 01, 2024, 04:43:49 PMobviously i know about the refueling problems, with Hydrogen's and believe me my only criticism is the lack of use, but after 3 years and at one time stating at least another 100 to be ordered, have we seen the end of this white elephant now, or are plans still in place to persist with them in future ?
This was answered earlier in this thread, on page 41:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=328468

(You must have seen that as you quoted my comments! :laugh: )
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Stu on June 01, 2024, 05:09:49 PMThis was answered earlier in this thread, on page 41:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=328468

(You must have seen that as you quoted my comments! :laugh: )
ah there you have me, now i have read more, i see my question may have seemed a little pointless, i had not read the article i am grateful to you pointing it out as i have now and im upto speed on it, i confess i do not spend much time on here i dip in and out, just to see what is happening i go for unread topics, when i think Ive seen all i want i depart, but this is not an everyday thing, i apologize for dipping in & out occasionally, im nosey and inquisitive i like to know whats happening, i hate to think im missing something.
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk