News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

As Tony stated above they need to find staff to fuel, so I would think it's entirely in NX hands unless Tony means staff at the fuelling facilities 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on May 24, 2024, 10:19:57 PMAs Tony stated above they need to find staff to fuel, so I would think it's entirely in NX hands unless Tony means staff at the fuelling facilities
Also at the moment a new contract is being drawn up negotiating the price. As you don't live in the West Midlands I can't see that it affects you in any way

Mayfield

So that's a different reason to what you stated on May 20th, so why come back with a snide remark, it doesn't mater where I live I'm interested and maybe I want to travel to Birmingham to have a ride on one as I haven't had chance yet.

Straightlines

It sums up the entire success of the Sprint project that these expensive buses haven't turned a wheel in months and as a result the Walsall Road is now regularly frequented by knackered 17 year old Omnilinks. Another one for the NXWM/TfWM/BCC success portfolio. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Straightlines on May 25, 2024, 09:24:01 AMIt sums up the entire success of the Sprint project that these expensive buses haven't turned a wheel in months and as a result the Walsall Road is now regularly frequented by knackered 17 year old Omnilinks. Another one for the NXWM/TfWM/BCC success portfolio.
Isn't really NX's fault, WA doesn't have enough Double Deckers because of the Hydrogen shortage. They did actually run 12 year old B7's on the X51 and 51 Yesterday. The B7's don't feel 12 years old. They still have 9 year old Plattys high spec buses covering. WA can't loan in a whole fleet of Double Deckers to cover. It is however a mess for BCC Bankrupt and probably unable to sell these buses and TFWM just like the Metro delays
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jack

Quote from: Straightlines on May 25, 2024, 09:24:01 AMIt sums up the entire success of the Sprint project that these expensive buses haven't turned a wheel in months and as a result the Walsall Road is now regularly frequented by knackered 17 year old Omnilinks. Another one for the NXWM/TfWM/BCC success portfolio.
Another anti-NX dig!

At least the 17 year old Omnilinks can do a full day in service! I'd much rather a full Omnilink over an unreliable Hydrogen from a passengers perspective.

Again anything to have a dig when there's no missing gaps in service I see!

Lukeee

Suppose once the electrics enter service at PB they could transfer some doubles from PB to WA short term to help with cover for the hydrogens 

winston

Far more successful than TGB, at least they're still running / in business. 

Quote from: winston on May 25, 2024, 10:51:44 PMFar more successful than TGB, at least they're still running / in business.
NXWM is only still going because of huge government  handouts, far as National express is concerned they have asset  stripped WMT sold garages/property off then leased them back, buses are all on lease from 2009 i believe. 
The big changes from jan 2025 should be interesting.

winston

Quote from: 2900 on May 26, 2024, 11:17:02 AMNXWM is only still going because of huge government  handouts, far as National express is concerned they have asset  stripped WMT sold garages/property off then leased them back, buses are all on lease from 2009 i believe.
The big changes from jan 2025 should be interesting.
What big changes are these? 

Is that when the BSIP funding protecting the network in its current form runs out? 

Wumpty

They're hardly "knackered" by any stretch (depending upon your definition of knackered). They are still fit for purpose, still revenue earning buses covering a timetable.

Quote from: Jack on May 25, 2024, 09:02:43 PMAnother anti-NX dig!

At least the 17 year old Omnilinks can do a full day in service! I'd much rather a full Omnilink over an unreliable Hydrogen from a passengers perspective.

Again anything to have a dig when there's no missing gaps in service I see!
Well said @Jack - even with a fleet of new buses missing, there's very little lost mileage on the route with other buses covering. 

Quote from: Mayfield on May 25, 2024, 08:51:27 AMSo that's a different reason to what you stated on May 20th, so why come back with a snide remark, it doesn't mater where I live I'm interested and maybe I want to travel to Birmingham to have a ride on one as I haven't had chance yet.
I didn't think the remark was snide at all. If you don't live in the West Midlands (assuming you don't), it won't affect you. I don't live in London so any contract negotiations to their prices wouldn't affect me. @Tony was stating a point of fact.

I haven't ridden on the NX versions but would like to just as you would - I'm sure we'd all agree that it is frustrating (none moreso for NX) but I'm sure they'll be worth the full time addition when they are eventually in service.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stevo

I rode on the NX Hydrogen vehicles and I have one word to describe them - superb! The ride and performance were excellent - we swept up the long climb from Perry Barr to the motorway junction with effortless speed. If the supply of hydrogen could be as assured as diesel refuelling or battery recharging we'd see more of them around the country.   

B61 ANDREW

Are there [m]any hydrogen powered LGV's/HGV's ??

Tony

H1006 currently on the way to Tyseley for fuel

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on May 30, 2024, 10:51:26 AMH1006 currently on the way to Tyseley for fuel
I've just seen it I think, passing miller street heading towards Perry Barr and Walsall. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk