News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Quote from: Mayfield on July 30, 2024, 02:36:54 PMWhen did it have the fire
About a month ago maybe coming up to 2 months now, apparently the driver managed to extinguish the fire before it got too serious. 

Mayfield

Never the same after fire or flood damage

Wba_lad

620 is now at Chaserider, not sure if it's a loan or a transfer yet but its on the Wolverhampton 71.

Mayfield

Quote from: Wba_lad on July 27, 2024, 01:36:46 PMChaserider 62 has now been MOTd so could see the road very soon.
Still no sign of it, probably broke down on the 50 yard return journey from the MOT test.

Bob

Quote from: Wba_lad on July 31, 2024, 09:41:44 AM620 is now at Chaserider, not sure if it's a loan or a transfer yet but its on the Wolverhampton 71.
Towed out of the bus station today 

Mayfield

How do they manage to ruin so many buses

Wba_lad

Quote from: Mayfield on August 01, 2024, 05:49:38 PMHow do they manage to ruin so many buses
It's not some much ruining them, semmed like 620 lost all the air pressure and wouldn't build it back up, I might be wrong, but the when the tow truck was there it was connecting air hose first, assuming maybe just tried building the air pressure up first. 

solonightrider

Quote from: Wba_lad on August 01, 2024, 06:05:40 PMIt's not some much ruining them, semmed like 620 lost all the air pressure and wouldn't build it back up, I might be wrong, but the when the tow truck was there it was connecting air hose first, assuming maybe just tried building the air pressure up first.
would need to connect the air lines to build the pressure to release the brakes to be towed too,  and prob safer to tow it with air issues i would think.

Wba_lad

Quote from: solonightrider on August 01, 2024, 09:34:36 PMwould need to connect the air lines to build the pressure to release the brakes to be towed too,  and prob safer to tow it with air issues i would think.
Yeah would of been safer to tow.

Wba_lad

Former Chaserider 998 is now with BusLink after being loaned to Chaserider along with 996 and 997, 998 is now repainted and got the fleet number 79 with BusLink. 

Wba_lad

52 was towed back into depot yesterday.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Looking at it D&G's 4 is on the 60 currently. No idea if it's a tracking error or if it is on the 60

-Edit its 638 tracking as 4 -

solonightrider

Quote from: Wba_lad on August 09, 2024, 10:29:15 AM52 was towed back into depot yesterday.
i travelled on 625 yesterday to Lichfiled on the 828 - dear me what a state to send a bus out in service.  back end plastered in oil,  back seat /  parcel shelf area thick in grime/soot and dirt, looks like windows never been cleaned,  and the exhaust manifold was chuffing like hell  :angry: certanily not a good advert to attract bus usage!!! 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on August 09, 2024, 11:38:09 PMi travelled on 625 yesterday to Lichfiled on the 828 - dear me what a state to send a bus out in service.  back end plastered in oil,  back seat /  parcel shelf area thick in grime/soot and dirt, looks like windows never been cleaned,  and the exhaust manifold was chuffing like hell  :angry: certanily not a good advert to attract bus usage!!!
It's got engine failure. Its next to be withdrawn. Think they're waiting on 195, 198 and 704 to return before they scrap it

Mayfield

Be a long wait then unless it self combusts first

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk