News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 21, 2024, 02:38:39 PMThe B8 Seats 45 the E200 Seats between 33 and 39
Standing capacity on the B8 is much more as well

Bob

Jeez the 74/826/828 suffered a few breakdowns and reiliability issues today. Be bad if you rely on it etc

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2024, 02:45:49 PMStanding capacity on the B8 is much more as well
Yeah I heard an NX Driver say once that a B7 Urban 2 has capacity for nearly a 100 people. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

sswig

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2024, 02:45:49 PMStanding capacity on the B8 is much more as well
First's GB Kites in Leicester can have up to 57 standing with 33 seated 😮

PhageyMcPhage

Quote from: Bob on May 21, 2024, 07:09:53 PMJeez the 74/826/828 suffered a few breakdowns and reiliability issues today. Be bad if you rely on it etc
If you are basing that on Bus Times the past couple of days there has been lots of gaps in tracking across different operators. Maybe a technical issue with tracking rather than breakdowns?

Any service going into Stafford has got 359 sets of roadworks to deal with if you saw it on Midlands Today.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: PhageyMcPhage on May 22, 2024, 07:04:08 AMIf you are basing that on Bus Times the past couple of days there has been lots of gaps in tracking across different operators. Maybe a technical issue with tracking rather than breakdowns?

Any service going into Stafford has got 359 sets of roadworks to deal with if you saw it on Midlands Today.
I've seen it on YouTube to with the guy in the van they were with Channel he had to rescue someone from the roadworks on the island near to Stafford Jaguar I think
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on May 21, 2024, 07:09:53 PMJeez the 74/826/828 suffered a few breakdowns and reiliability issues today. Be bad if you rely on it etc
I know you were sitting watching bus times. I wouldn't of got my information off that as bustimes was having major issues yesterday 

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on May 22, 2024, 11:03:57 AMI know you were sitting watching bus times. I wouldn't of got my information off that as bustimes was having major issues yesterday
So were the vehicles

Stu

Quote from: Bob on May 23, 2024, 07:21:11 PM🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 Whatever
Can you provide any documented proof of all these issues and breakdowns though?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Quote from: Stu on May 23, 2024, 08:22:28 PMCan you provide any documented proof of all these issues and breakdowns though?

I live on the 70 route and have experienced plenty of 2hr gaps. People who live on the 826 828 route have also documented plenty.. its a regular feature. A lot of the fleets pretty clapped out tbf. And yep other operators have breakdowns but on lower frequency routes like Chaseriders its way way more of an issue 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on May 23, 2024, 08:22:28 PMCan you provide any documented proof of all these issues and breakdowns though?

What service or bus are we on about, I might have some info.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Stu on May 20, 2024, 08:19:09 PMThere's a few vocal people here constantly moaning about Chaserider - also the same people who complained about Arriva when they ran this operation - but I doubt any of them have ever taken any positive action themselves by making formal complaints to Staffordshire Council via their councillors, let alone made any complaint to the operator or indeed even followed up any complaint with Bus Users UK.
Just thought I'd nip in here and say I've emailed Chaserider previously, they don't answer. BusUsers are a waste of time. Staffordshire Council staff couldn't sort a kids party at a soft play, let alone hold operators accountable. Heck, they keep giving money to Bennets who aren't even compliant with the law (failing to upload bus open data), there is no hope for Staffordshire council to do absolutely anything!

Irrespective of what the user said, the remedies mentioned are absolutely pointless. You'd get better results spamming the DVSA with complaints (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/report-a-lorry-bus-or-coach-driver-or-company)

Bob

Quote from: IMarkeh on May 24, 2024, 06:24:27 AMJust thought I'd nip in here and say I've emailed Chaserider previously, they don't answer. BusUsers are a waste of time. Staffordshire Council staff couldn't sort a kids party at a soft play, let alone hold operators accountable. Heck, they keep giving money to Bennets who aren't even compliant with the law (failing to upload bus open data), there is no hope for Staffordshire council to do absolutely anything!

Irrespective of what the user said, the remedies mentioned are absolutely pointless. You'd get better results spamming the DVSA with complaints (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/report-a-lorry-bus-or-coach-driver-or-company)
Yep, Chaserider dont respond , 100 perc

solonightrider

Quote from: IMarkeh on May 24, 2024, 06:24:27 AMJust thought I'd nip in here and say I've emailed Chaserider previously, they don't answer. BusUsers are a waste of time. Staffordshire Council staff couldn't sort a kids party at a soft play, let alone hold operators accountable. Heck, they keep giving money to Bennets who aren't even compliant with the law (failing to upload bus open data), there is no hope for Staffordshire council to do absolutely anything!

100% agree. I managed to get one reply off chaserider in 8 months - they just blamed the council lol - On a positive note 194 turned up on time to stafford today and seemed to be running/sounding alot better than last time i was on it :-) and one of the new evoras on the last 826 back which is a lovely near rattle free bus to travel on

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

63 (Cannock - Rugeley) will be extended on the 10th June to Uttoxeter. 

63 will be serving Hednesford, Rugeley, Brereton, Armitage, Handsacre, Hill Ridware, Abbots Bromley and Uttoxeter.

63 will remain an hourly service 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk