News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Jack on June 14, 2024, 01:39:42 AMIs 169 not allowed? Thats a red Metrocity, and the 2016 E200's?

It's not a good look really for them, doesn't help going into Cannock and seeing a load of liveries. All over green and all over white.

Sending 1 bus for paint at a time usually works, they also have the Evora's, so I'm not buying they 'we don't have enough Euro 6 vehicles.'
169 is long term VOR at the moment plus I kid you not but they don't like sending the evoras on there because "they'll get wrecked from the narrow lanes" apparently. Plus the new Enviro 200's aren't allowed over there as on the paper work they got when they got the buses they're down as Euro 5

Mayfield

Is 144 (I think the one with engine issues) still parked in the yard 
I can't believe it takes this long to repair 630

Quote from: Mayfield on June 14, 2024, 09:10:24 AMIs 144 (I think the one with engine issues) still parked in the yard
I can't believe it takes this long to repair 630
Believe it or not 144 has just been MOT'd today so should be back out next week

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 14, 2024, 01:43:28 PMBelieve it or not 144 has just been MOT'd today so should be back out next week
Thought that was long gone!! Is the other two door streets#ite returning?

Bob

Quote from: Jack on June 14, 2024, 01:39:42 AMIs 169 not allowed? Thats a red Metrocity, and the 2016 E200's?

It's not a good look really for them, doesn't help going into Cannock and seeing a load of liveries. All over green and all over white.

Sending 1 bus for paint at a time usually works, they also have the Evora's, so I'm not buying they 'we don't have enough Euro 6 vehicles.'
Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 14, 2024, 01:17:13 AMThey normally do but they're using another place atm as they haven't got the space to paint them. However the centrebus buses in Walsall is because trying to get a spare euro 6 bus to cover 630 - 632 with 630 still off the road is hard when 1 isn't reliable enough to be over Walsall, 64 being 64, 505 for the 35A. TFWM not allowing the Telford buses over there, 799 not making the turn out of the bus station oh and plus the 3 needing a euro 6 bus. Its quite hard to pull them off for paint

The 3 gets non euro 6 buses on it loads. Usually last bus of the day or all day. Had 162 this week then a 57 plate Solo after it. I mean why bid for euro6 contracts they cant fulfil

Quote from: Bob on June 14, 2024, 02:30:20 PMThought that was long gone!! Is the other two door streets#ite returning?
Should be. Still away having the engine done

Mayfield

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 14, 2024, 01:43:28 PMBelieve it or not 144 has just been MOT'd today so should be back out next week
That's a coincidence I thought of that question today

Quote from: Mayfield on June 14, 2024, 04:05:26 PMThat's a coincidence I thought of that question today
That was some weird timing lol

Mayfield

Let's have a laugh then to see if I'm psychic 
What's happening to 630

Quote from: Mayfield on June 14, 2024, 04:33:30 PMLet's have a laugh then to see if I'm psychic
What's happening to 630
Funny you ask..... Its still on pits doing nothing 

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 14, 2024, 04:36:36 PMFunny you ask..... Its still on pits doing nothing
Quote from: Mayfield on June 14, 2024, 04:33:30 PMLet's have a laugh then to see if I'm psychic
What's happening to 630
whilst its been VOR for so long it coud of had a panel work and prep for paint.

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 14, 2024, 04:04:57 AM169 is long term VOR at the moment plus I kid you not but they don't like sending the evoras on there because "they'll get wrecked from the narrow lanes" apparently. Plus the new Enviro 200's aren't allowed over there as on the paper work they got when they got the buses they're down as Euro 5
Evora is the same size as the evolution - but the evolution's do look rough from being on them lanes tbf,  shame they are on that route reallly seems a waste of large vehicles when they could be used on more suitable routes being a heavyweight bus.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Jack on June 13, 2024, 10:28:51 PMDo Chaserider still paint vehicles? You wouldn't think Chaserider run buses in Walsall the amount of times a Centrebus livery pulls up I've seen.
Yes Chaserider do paint buses, from what I heard 625 recently had a lot of work done to it with this work it had a lot of new panels, this ment it had to be painted, but I heard due to not having enough paint it was easier to paint it white again to get the bus back out on the road due to the needing a vehicle back on the road.

641 had a accident a few months ago which ment it was VOR for some time while it was waiting for the parts and while it got repaired, 641 was in the fully red Chaserider livery but when it was repaired they painted it into the new red and blue Chaserider livery although they left the rear advert on it when painting it so it still has a red rear.

As for Centrebus livery vehicles running on the Walsall services, Chaserider are part of the centre bus group, also believe it or not the passengers on the Walsall routes look for a "orange bus" when another bus turns up sometimes they get confused. However with the amount of time 630 has been off the road having a new engine and gearbox they could have repainted it too as it's only been on the yard.

Bob

Arent the 3 and the 5 supposed to be Euro 6? Jesus, if 162 is the best they can do for both services they oughta give  it up 🤣

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on June 18, 2024, 09:00:13 PMArent the 3 and the 5 supposed to be Euro 6? Jesus, if 162 is the best they can do for both services they oughta give  it up 🤣
euro 6 seem to be on 841 432 25 26 60 lol seriously thought you would think they could move in some euro 6 vehicles from around the group to meet contractual requirements. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk