News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Shame the 70s gone crap again with old Solos. Itd been better lately. They shoved 148 on it last sat, smallest bus theyve got and woefully inadequate. Was rammed when i caught it

Mayfield

Would Chaserider's area be covered by franchising if it happens.

solonightrider

Quote from: Mayfield on May 16, 2024, 09:51:37 PMWould Chaserider's area be covered by franchising if it happens.
doubt it - my area of staffordshire bus service offering is like 3rd world -  unreliable oldest dirtly bangers possible & regular 2 hour gaps over uncommon sections of the route too. Its the worst service offering ive ever know - makes the old arriva operation look professional  :laugh: . I generally thought it would be a vast improvment once this lot got settled in but nope, worst its ever been, just cannot rely on them to turn up and its not all traffic related. Severly gone down the pan since around last summer, vehicle allocation and reliability wise.

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on May 16, 2024, 09:22:56 PMShame the 70s gone crap again with old Solos. Itd been better lately. They shoved 148 on it last sat, smallest bus theyve got and woefully inadequate. Was rammed when i caught it
lol all the 3 latest newer e200 in-take is wasted over on the 841 lanes to get all bashed and scraped up.  :undecided: :undecided:

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on May 16, 2024, 09:21:06 PMSo you have no idea of the incident involving 1846 then? If so do you know what happened to the Chaserider vehicle?

The damage that wrote 1846 off was caused by it hitting a stationary object
Ah that explains why 1846 was written off 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

CKD

Quote from: Tony on May 16, 2024, 09:21:06 PMSo you have no idea of the incident involving 1846 then? If so do you know what happened to the Chaserider vehicle?

The damage that wrote 1846 off was caused by it hitting a stationary object
Yes but 1846's collision was influenced by another vehicle; 641's wasn't.

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on May 16, 2024, 11:04:48 PMlol all the 3 latest newer e200 in-take is wasted over on the 841 lanes to get all bashed and scraped up.  :undecided: :undecided:
I dont know why they dont put em on 35A/36 & utilise the B8s on 74/826/828 instead of having almost  daily multiple failures

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Mayfield on May 16, 2024, 09:51:37 PMWould Chaserider's area be covered by franchising if it happens.
TfWM will have to consider cross-border services stating in the West Midlands County over the border into Staffordshire.  There are a few for Chaserider, there are the 70 and 71 from Woverhampton - Cannock, 36 from Walsall - Lichfield and 5 to Codsall.  There is nothing to stop TfWM including these or giving a permit for them to come in which I think is how I think they dealt with services coming in and out of Greater Manchester from the neighbouring areas.

There is also the 35A from Walsall - Leighswood which is the only service entirely in the West Midlands County operated by Chaserider.  Given the plans for "Network Transformation" it may be one of the routes that change, with TfWM thinking about the links, journeys actually made and how to cover the access standards that apply in the West Midlands County.

the trainbasher

QuoteTfWM will have to consider cross-border services stating in the West Midlands County over the border into Staffordshire.  There are a few for Chaserider, there are the 70 and 71 from Woverhampton - Cannock, 36 from Walsall - Lichfield and 5 to Codsall.  There is nothing to stop TfWM including these or giving a permit for them to come in which I think is how I think they dealt with services coming in and out of Greater Manchester from the neighbouring areas.

There is also the 35A from Walsall - Leighswood which is the only service entirely in the West Midlands County operated by Chaserider.  Given the plans for "Network Transformation" it may be one of the routes that change, with TfWM thinking about the links, journeys actually made and how to cover the access standards that apply in the West Midlands County.
The 35A and 36 are TfWM contracts, but Staffordshire also pay towards them.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on May 19, 2024, 04:50:23 PMI dont know why they dont put em on 35A/36 & utilise the B8s on 74/826/828 instead of having almost  daily multiple failures
because that would make perfect sense - the reliability is truly shocking on 826 828 route its just not worth chancing if its going to run any more - there transport manager at cannock needs to lose his repute as obs cannot run a  reliable bus service for toffee! just the same thing day after day its a joke - no action being put in place to kerb the re-occuring issues at all.

Stu

Quote from: solonightrider on May 19, 2024, 10:38:08 PMbecause that would make perfect sense - the reliability is truly shocking on 826 828 route its just not worth chancing if its going to run any more - there transport manager at cannock needs to lose his repute as obs cannot run a  reliable bus service for toffee! just the same thing day after day its a joke - no action being put in place to kerb the re-occuring issues at all.

I don't object to constructive criticism here, but calling for someone to lose their job, who has no right of reply here (as they are not a member) is a bit out of order.

There's a few vocal people here constantly moaning about Chaserider - also the same people who complained about Arriva when they ran this operation - but I doubt any of them have ever taken any positive action themselves by making formal complaints to Staffordshire Council via their councillors, let alone made any complaint to the operator or indeed even followed up any complaint with Bus Users UK.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Quote from: Bob on May 19, 2024, 04:50:23 PMI dont know why they dont put em on 35A/36 & utilise the B8s on 74/826/828 instead of having almost  daily multiple failures
Possibly the size of bus required is included in the contracts although I'm not sure if there is much difference between a B8 and an E200.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Rachvince53 on May 20, 2024, 09:42:11 PMPossibly the size of bus required is included in the contracts although I'm not sure if there is much difference between a B8 and an E200.
36 is required volvo capacity due to the school run in Lichfield. 35A can be anything tho

Wba_lad

631 definitely wouldn't last on the 74/828/826, it struggles around the 35A recently every day it's been struggling and will randomly loose power, I think it's shoved on the 35A because they think there isn't many hills but there is a hill on it which isn't a steep hill compare to some hills Chaserider serve, 632 did have some work done to it which made it pretty rapid however I've not seen it or been on it for a while so not too sure if it's still rapid or not. 630 is still off the road due to a engine issue but I've heard it's due to return back in service soon with a brand new engine and brand new gear box apparently. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on May 20, 2024, 09:42:11 PMPossibly the size of bus required is included in the contracts although I'm not sure if there is much difference between a B8 and an E200.
The B8 Seats 45 the E200 Seats between 33 and 39
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk