News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Forum Features - February Issue

Started by Tony, April 07, 2012, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

I see. I appreciate your comments tony. many thanks. I think the onus must be on the poster to submit something of interest and/or be of reasonable quality. obviously we cant have a 'highest rated' hit list, (if you ever get THAT sorted! :) or those of us who have the best photographic equipment would score high every time,with the best shots. Then the site would be in danger of becoming elitist. Although you could have 'hit' preferences on the loading order perhaps.? (ie highest to lowest.)  One thing  I am pleased about is the fact that all (or almost all) Really good quality photos in your albums do not respond to the "right click-send to/copy/paste/save ect mentality of people who just want to exploit other peoples copyright without their permission do you agree??

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

windy miller

Tony. One question on the 70014 still photo?- clever dick- :) :-X do you have to compromise the quality of the video in order to take stills fro it ? I find the eye can compensate for what is actually single frame shots taken at speed? :-X or am I being a bit picky??  ;)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on May 29, 2012, 06:04:45 PM
Tony. One question on the 70014 still photo?- clever dick- :) :-X do you have to compromise the quality of the video in order to take stills fro it ? I find the eye can compensate for what is actually single frame shots taken at speed? :-X or am I being a bit picky??  ;)

It is slightly jumpy because I am using a still camera to take video, although it is HD video (each frame is about 1260x900 which is actually bigger than the normal still shots I use on the website as you say it is basically a long line of still shots not quite as close together as a video camera would do. I haven't purchased a full HD video camera yet so my choice at the moment is of low definition video or HD video but not quite as smooth.

Tony

Quote from: 4504 on June 09, 2012, 11:23:56 AM
Anonymous reporting?  :D

Why?
If anyone is not man enough to put their name to something, they shouldn't be posting it.

jc

Not sure if anyone would agree with this but, a section for National Express Dundee? As we have sections for First, Arriva, Stageocach and Rotala as 'whole' ops, is there any chance we could have a Dundee section? i know there are a few members from Dundee on here and would or could help people keep up to date with that ''off shoot'' of NX.

Tony

Quote from: jc on August 24, 2012, 03:17:58 PM
Not sure if anyone would agree with this but, a section for National Express Dundee? As we have sections for First, Arriva, Stageocach and Rotala as 'whole' ops, is there any chance we could have a Dundee section? i know there are a few members from Dundee on here and would or could help people keep up to date with that ''off shoot'' of NX.

When I know for definate which vehicles are leaving with Wisharts, I will put a Dundee fleetlist on

Stu

While I think it's a nice idea, it rather dilutes the 'West Midlands Buses...' name. Just my opinion.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

vinh1000

Site looks excellent as well as forum - simple and works (not minded about all those themes and not using PHPBB where everything has to be coded manually)
SMF great :P
Had noticed some photo links are dead or go to different links
See that it uses ipage.com as well :P
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 24, 2012, 09:32:05 PM
Site looks excellent as well as forum - simple and works (not minded about all those themes and not using PHPBB where everything has to be coded manually)
SMF great :P
Had noticed some photo links are dead or go to different links
See that it uses ipage.com as well :P

Any links that you do notice that are wrong please post in the bugs and errors topic. There are about 20,000 pages, each with about 7 links on as well as the fleetlists with hundreds on, so I will never get chance to check them all myself

winston

Quote from: thetruth on August 24, 2012, 11:46:53 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2012, 03:25:50 PM
When I know for definate which vehicles are leaving with Wisharts, I will put a Dundee fleetlist on

Have I missed some news about NX Dundee / Wisharts?

It looks as though the Wisharts business is being disposed of, it may be being bought by its current management?

windy miller

Tony The fleet changes list(s) for sep/and oct dont appear to include 7129 which was reported to have returned to Dundee??  was this a permanent move or a temp ?

winston

Quote from: windy miller on October 21, 2012, 03:17:28 PM
Tony The fleet changes list(s) for sep/and oct dont appear to include 7129 which was reported to have returned to Dundee??  was this a permanent move or a temp ?

It didn't go until Oct, so will therefore appear on October's fleet changes due early Nov

winston

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2012, 12:11:46 AM
Quote from: thetruth on August 24, 2012, 11:46:53 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2012, 03:25:50 PM

Have I missed some news about NX Dundee / Wisharts?

It looks as though the Wisharts business is being disposed of, it may be being bought by its current management?

Has the deal to sell off Wisharts fell through? All seems to have gone quiet.....

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Hi Tony, thank again for all you do for the forum,

Just one suggestion for the NXWM and Coventry section of the forum, would it be possible to "sticky" the relevant thread for each garage, as I have noticed of late we have started threads for different garages that way anyone wanting to post something concerning a particular garage would spot the garages thread and post in there rather than creating a new thread, just an idea! What do people think?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk