News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Forum Features - February Issue

Started by Tony, April 07, 2012, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Sorry M8 still cant find any G1 in any corner of the home page? are you sure it works on windows 7?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on May 07, 2012, 02:58:49 AM
Sorry M8 still cant find any G1 in any corner of the home page? are you sure it works on windows 7?

Operating system has nothing to do with it. What browser do you use? Got any ad-blocker working?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

sorry stu-I use google as a default browser but with pop -ups disabled.thats probably what it is-the screen area you kindly pointed out appears blank on my screen. its really not important.

windy miller

Just a thought...there is a variety of icons above this script.. it appears a lot of members might appreciate a SPELL- check icon/ :o  :o :o. Or maybe there is one in there somewhere?.

windy miller

err.. can someone explain this 'Karma' rubbish on the profile site?. ie the +25/-4 ect? is this my astrological birthsign in numbers?- or what.? :)

Stu

'Karma' is a way to reward or punish members for good/bad postings. If you find a members post useful or helpful, then click on 'Applaud' to increase their Karma rating. If you find a post useless, boring or otherwise, then click on 'Smite' to reduce it.

It's nothing to be taken seriously, I don't bother with it, or pay any attention to it.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

thanks stu-I can sleep better now ;)

windy miller

would it be possible to have a 'public' and a 'private/hide icon alongside personal messages sent direct to members??  Any member clicking on private would still have their messages viewable by the admin, but not necessarily on the forum-?? Naturaly the message would not qualify as a 'post' as it wouldn't be seen?

windy miller

Anyone remember a TV game show that used the phrase "remember what you saw and where you saw it"? the forum is getting a bit like this every day :Or is it my bad memory :) I know there is a post 'search' facility but I'm not having much luck with it! Do we have to enter the "Re- in the search title? or do we ignore it?

windy miller

::)Is it possible to provide a 'Flag-Remove?- Yes#No option in the Dead topic/ plain silly or
unanswered board ? where the original postee can delete his OWN post? ie (if they wish) to help clear the board.

Tony respect! I think this site is great and gives an excellent opportunity for people to air their views and share their views with others. It must be very time consuming for you to regulate & monitor. Luckily you only get the odd awkward so and so like myself!! Great job amd thanks!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

I have just tried another new little trick out, any comments welcome. It is on a railway photograph, but I could just as easily do it for a bus.

If you go to the photo of 70014 I have just put on at http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class70/70014.html
you get a perfectly normal photograph of a class 70 in Walsall station, but if you then click on the photograph you will get a video of that train and the still is actually taken from the video.

My camera is clever enough to do this on any shot so let me know what you think!

windy miller

Your 'little trick' is very clever. and it works well. I presume you would need to be an expert photographer with an Expensive? camera to be able to do this. I may be looking for advice from you later in the year- ;) :) As 4006 said earlier the site is admirable. Although I can't help thinking that all members photos should be limited to (say) 100 submissions per year -otherwise this 'free' upload facility could easily be compromised in no time ::) Do other members feel the same way??? :-\

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on May 27, 2012, 12:46:12 PM
Your 'little trick' is very clever. and it works well. I presume you would need to be an expert photographer with an Expensive? camera to be able to do this. I may be looking for advice from you later in the year- ;) :) As 4006 said earlier the site is admirable. Although I can't help thinking that all members photos should be limited to (say) 100 submissions per year -otherwise this 'free' upload facility could easily be compromised in no time ::) Do other members feel the same way??? :-\

The website is 'unlimited space' so there is no problem with the numbers of photographs, although I will normally only put other peoples on if they are either 'gap fillers' or of special interest. The train photos you are sending me fit both categories as I love old train photos.

danny

Clever trick tony the demonstrators won vid won my vote  :)
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk