News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Forum Features - February Issue

Started by Tony, April 07, 2012, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on July 24, 2013, 10:38:26 AM
Hi Tony, thank again for all you do for the forum,

Just one suggestion for the NXWM and Coventry section of the forum, would it be possible to "sticky" the relevant thread for each garage, as I have noticed of late we have started threads for different garages that way anyone wanting to post something concerning a particular garage would spot the garages thread and post in there rather than creating a new thread, just an idea! What do people think?

Great idea. Sure be faster and keep new threads to a minimum.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: The Rat on July 24, 2013, 10:44:40 AM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on July 24, 2013, 10:38:26 AM
Hi Tony, thank again for all you do for the forum,

Just one suggestion for the NXWM and Coventry section of the forum, would it be possible to "sticky" the relevant thread for each garage, as I have noticed of late we have started threads for different garages that way anyone wanting to post something concerning a particular garage would spot the garages thread and post in there rather than creating a new thread, just an idea! What do people think?

Great idea. Sure be faster and keep new threads to a minimum.

My idea would be to create a new subsection for them because it's a lot of stickied threads which make it look untidy.

the trainbasher

Can you please make a sorta sub section on the NXWM board for the garage threads as it is kinda hard reading other treads on the NXWM part on mobile

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Liverpool Street

New Forum Features!

- Allowance of Non-Administrative Staff to hide online status
As discussed with members, this feature was requested and I fail to see any downside to this change. As with all the changes, if we feel this is being abused, it will be withdrawn.

- Removal of Post-Count

With the constant bickering over the post count, I have removed it. It seems, as like Karma, to be making more arguments then saving them.

- Require Reactivation After E-Mail Change
Simply put, just improving forum security.

- Require Administrative Approval when Member Deletes Account

Saves any accidental deletion of account, and for our records to maintain the books.

- Group Send PM's to 20 Members

Easier for any private meetings to garages which does not require any direct Forum involvement.

- Higher Security to get an account

You must answer 2 questions and write a more difficult CAPTCHA.

- Report To Admin [Personal Messages]

Enable PM's to be reported direct to administrative staff.

- New 'Smilies' & Allowance of Smiley choice by individual members
PhPbb Style of Smiles have been installed. Feel free to check them out. You can chose different types on an individual basis.

I know the above changes might come as a shock, but they've been implemented to try and make the forum more secure, safe and a better place to be for all.

Yours,

WMBiP Forum Administrators
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

All excellent ideas (and one of them mine  ;) ). I'm sure they will make a positive difference.

I can't seem to find the new smilies though. Have they been installed yet?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on February 02, 2014, 05:37:39 PM
All excellent ideas (and one of them mine  ;) ). I'm sure they will make a positive difference.

I can't seem to find the new smilies though. Have they been installed yet?

Thanks for that, Matt. Yes they have been installed I've just allowed you/members to chose your own set.

:) :) ;)
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

No problem Trident4370.

And a message for all members: If you have any ideas for some new features, please post it on this topic. If they're any good I'm going to try and give you all new Features every month or By-Monthly.
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

I see you have taken into consideration with my post in General Discussion, L.S (and Tony as well). Thank you for enabling it. A happy P419 EJW here.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 03, 2014, 07:45:04 PM
I see you have taken into consideration with my post in General Discussion, L.S (and Tony as well). Thank you for enabling it. A happy P419 EJW here.

No issues Liam; I do hope we do more then just listen, here at WMBiP ;)
until it cought fire

Dylan4579

Bring karma back, but with no negative button

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Dylan4579 on February 05, 2014, 04:25:23 PM
Bring karma back, but with no negative button

So it's basically a 'Like' button?

Stuharris 6360

Wouldn't that cause friction with people trying to get the most "likes"?  :D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 05, 2014, 05:57:32 PM
Wouldn't that cause friction with people trying to get the most "likes"?  :D

I agree. Karma was removed for a reason. It causes more problems than it brings benefits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk