News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus

Started by bususer28, July 29, 2020, 10:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on August 20, 2020, 03:23:47 PM
But there are (and will be once all new deliveries etc are done) a lot of trains operating within the west midlands run by different operators without the emblem, so why should all bus operators?

I thnk the current fleet (before all other orders are delivered should have had the emblom on them) . Same with the train operators  Especially WMR and Virgin (now Avanti).

MW

What does the symbol achieve? Is it not a bus without a logo stating West Midlands Bus?

More regulations, more money wasted...

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 04:07:25 PM
I thnk the current fleet (before all other orders are delivered should have had the emblom on them) . Same with the train operators  Especially WMR and Virgin (now Avanti).

Really? Trains in London and the North West carrying a local West Mids emblem? Why?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on August 20, 2020, 04:23:19 PM
Really? Trains in London and the North West carrying a local West Mids emblem? Why?

Yes really.

It doesn't really matter wher the train goes. it just shows that within the west midlands its done as a partnership.. Maybe the train company could have something added to it to show why it has this emblom on it.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 04:38:13 PM
Yes really.

It doesn't really matter wher the train goes. it just shows that within the west midlands its done as a partnership.. Maybe the train company could have something added to it to show why it has this emblom on it.
Why?  It carries absolutely no significance to anyone.  Neither in the West Midlands or London.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 20, 2020, 04:45:49 PM
Why?  It carries absolutely no significance to anyone.  Neither in the West Midlands or London.

If people in the West Midlands are that interested in the bus network  or travelling on the buses they'll know what the emblom stands for. I get where you're coming from on the London bit of the augument. Really though if the train companies are so agains the idea of intergrated transportand having the emblom on their trains then I suppose they don't have to have it on.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 04:38:13 PM
Yes really.

Why would the West Midlands logo take priority over TfL or Merseyside ones on trains that serve all 3 areas?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2020, 04:58:17 PM
Why would the West Midlands logo take priority over TfL or Merseyside ones on trains that serve all 3 areas?

Because the other areas aren't on the same wave length as Andy Street doesn't mean that the trains can't have one emblom on it which doesn't correspond to that said area. Maybe  though they could have all three on?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:06:52 PM
Because the other areas aren't on the same wave length as Andy Street doesn't mean that the trains can't have one emblom on it which doesn't correspond to that said area. Maybe  though they could have all three on?

Now you are talking rubbish TfL is far more high profile

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2020, 05:08:37 PM
Now you are talking rubbish TfL is far more high profile

I'm not talking rubbish thank you very much. I know what I'm saying sounds a bit far fetched but if Andy Street said that alll train compains and Bus companies will have the same colour  and branding in the West Midalnds it wouldbe a lot better coordinated. As I said I thnk he said orange for train and it was Red for bus. and then the emblom. So I am not tslking rubbish. yes I agree that TFL are far more high profile but (within the West Midlands) So are TfWM.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:20:47 PM
I'm not talking rubbish thank you very much. I know what I'm saying sounds a bit far fetched but if Andy Street said that alll train compains and Bus companies will have the same colour  and branding in the West Midalnds it wouldbe a lot better coordinated. As I said I thnk he said orange for train and it was Red for bus. and then the emblom. So I am not tslking rubbish. yes I agree that TFL are far more high profile but (within the West Midlands) So are TfWM.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 20, 2020, 04:45:49 PM

So tell me this then why are all bus timetables going to be produced as West Midlands Bus Branded from now on. If it doesn't carry any significance to people in the west midlands? it must mean something or they wouldn't be produceing timetables with the emblom that is on the WMN website and words on it.

Busboy105

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:51:15 PM
So tell me this then why are all bus timetables going to be produced as West Midlands Bus Branded from now on. If it doesn't carry any significance to people in the west midlands? it must mean something or they wouldn't be produceing timetables with the emblom that is on the WMN website and words on it.
The reason why the trains to London don't carry the WM emblem it's because it's from London Northwestern which is a different entity to WM Trains.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:20:47 PM
To be honest, you really are talking rubbish.  I think you're reading too far into this here.  Mr Street would have been referring to local trains that operate solely within the West Midlands.  Why would an Avanti service going to Glasgow need to be integrated within the same network as a train going to Walsall?

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 04:57:26 PM
If people in the West Midlands are that interested in the bus network  or travelling on the buses they'll know what the emblom stands for.
To be honest, nobody really cares about all this integrated sh*t.  All people want is a train, bus or metro to turn up on or near the time that is on the timetable and will get them to where they want to go.  Ask the real people who rely on public transport every day.  I'd say 80% of them haven't got a clue what West Midlands Network is.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:51:15 PM
Because they are the people who produce the large printed timetables at stops and the leaflets at bus stations.  Nobody really pays any attention to it.  They just want to know when the bus is coming. When you buy something such as a pack of batteries, does the logo on them really have any significance to you?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 20, 2020, 06:01:04 PM
To be honest, you really are talking rubbish.  I think you're reading too far into this here.  Mr Street would have been referring to local trains that operate solely within the West Midlands.  Why would an Avanti service going to Glasgow need to be integrated within the same network as a train going to Walsall?
To be honest, nobody really cares about all this integrated sh*t.  All people want is a train, bus or metro to turn up on or near the time that is on the timetable and will get them to where they want to go.  Ask the real people who rely on public transport every day.  I'd say 80% of them haven't got a clue what West Midlands Network is.
Because they are the people who produce the large printed timetables at stops and the leaflets at bus stations.  Nobody really pays any attention to it.  They just want to know when the bus is coming. When you buy something such as a pack of batteries, does the logo on them really have any significance to you?

Ok then so why are the local trains carrying the logo now they have been painted?

May be I am reading into Mr Streets press release too far. However some of the timetables are not produced by TfWM anymore yes the big ones at the stops  & bus stations are but  the ones that you'd pick up from the travelshops aren't. ther are either produced by TfWM (for some of them) or are produced by the operator  and then printed by TWM. All of which have got the emblom on and the words West Midlands Network.

Yes I know that most people who want to travel just want to know when the bus is coming and where they are going but there are som people who would like to know what tickest are available on the service and whether the ticket they've got is valid on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk