News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus

Started by bususer28, July 29, 2020, 10:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 06:13:48 PM
Ok then so why are the local trains carrying the logo now they have been painted?

May be I am reading into Mr Streets press release too far. However some of the timetables are not produced by TfWM anymore yes the big ones at the stops  & bus stations are but  the ones that you'd pick up from the travelshops aren't. ther are either produced by TfWM (for some of them) or are produced by the operator  and then printed by TWM. All of which have got the emblom on and the words West Midlands Network.

Yes I know that most people who want to travel just want to know when the bus is coming and where they are going but there are som people who would like to know what tickest are available on the service and whether the ticket they've got is valid on it.

1) Because that is the WMR logo!  Google it.

2) That's what I was referring to.  WMN/TfWM print the timetables.  Think of it like this: you produce a product.  Rather than place it in plain white packaging, you'd put your logo on it, wouldn't you?

3) If you look on the sides of the buses, they have a large sticker which shows what tickets are sold/accepted.  Anyway, the majority of operators (bar Select who are the only one I can think of) accept nBus etc.

ellspurs

Ain't it just the same as the old Centro logo over trains/busstops/timetables/website etc.?

Or the Network West Midlands logo which replaced all that?

Pat

Quote from: ellspurs on August 20, 2020, 06:23:10 PM
Ain't it just the same as the old Centro logo over trains/busstops/timetables/website etc.?

Or the Network West Midlands logo which replaced all that?
That's exactly what it is.  Just a logo!

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 06:13:48 PM
Ok then so why are the local trains carrying the logo now they have been painted?

Because that's the livery and emblem (or emblom if you insist) of the operator.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

V89MOA

Instantly thought of the discussion in this topic when I saw this the other day (being modelled by 350122), not sure if this sticker is a one off though or actually being rolled out across the fleet. I do think this is a smart idea by Abellio for a change!

bususer28

Does anyone know if diamond still accept NX tickets on their WMB services?

Solo1

Quote from: bususer28 on October 18, 2021, 10:08:20 PM
till end of September  when wmbus ends

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on October 19, 2021, 05:47:28 AM
till end of September  when wmbus ends

Thought they extended it while still talking?

Nothing has popped up on social media since it was last discussed!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on October 19, 2021, 07:09:26 AM
Thought they extended it while still talking?

Nothing has popped up on social media since it was last discussed!

Yep. The ticket acceptance has remained in place for the time being, whilst discussions are still ongoing.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: bususer28 on October 18, 2021, 10:08:20 PM

They are still accepting NX tickets.
it's been a while....

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Glad the partnership has resumed i think partly the pandemic had a lot to play with it terminating early due to low passenger numbers.

metrocity

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 03, 2021, 06:47:21 PM
Glad the partnership has resumed i think partly the pandemic had a lot to play with it terminating early due to low passenger numbers.
I didn't  think low passenger numbers was the issue ?

Steveminor

It wasnt.
Simon has already gone into detail on here what the issue was.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk