News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Document or information on all destination and via points on bus blinds

Started by Bus Man K2, July 01, 2020, 04:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 07:23:12 PM
I understand that this do change but at the moment and as far as I can see until further notice NX will be operating to a destination with one via point and yes I know the list could change with in weeks but if its it for the forseable then I think I'm going to be done before it all changes again!! 😁
But it's pointless in rushing to do it just for them to be changed and you having to do them again.

bususer28

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on December 28, 2020, 11:34:01 PM
But it's pointless in rushing to do it just for them to be changed and you having to do them again.

I'm not rushing I've been doing this since Jan of this year and I have been keeping up with the route changes but not the destination blinds information. This is why I need the help of this forum. I know there's a chance that they could change in the next couple of months but if I've got the upto date routes I only need to do the destination indicators. So I think I'm doing ok at the moment for the documents.

Bus Man K2

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 29, 2020, 07:23:31 AM
I'm not rushing I've been doing this since Jan of this year and I have been keeping up with the route changes but not the destination blinds information. This is why I need the help of this forum. I know there's a chance that they could change in the next couple of months but if I've got the upto date routes I only need to do the destination indicators. So I think I'm doing ok at the moment for the documents.
But i'm still at a loss as to how the destination blinds help you create stop lists.  Surely just having the route information is enough?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on December 29, 2020, 10:33:58 AM
But i'm still at a loss as to how the destination blinds help you create stop lists.  Surely just having the route information is enough?

It helps me as I include what the destination blinds say. So it helps.. I hope that makes sense? 😁  I'm not trying to start auguments and also not trying to anger peopke on here I'm just going about my day to day jobs. One of which it to create stop list dicuments for my reference which include Destination indicators/blind information.

My documents include the following

Info page
route number.
written route including the two termini.
Frequency
Day
Peak hours
Evening/Sunday
Destination indicators
Single/return journey times
Which garage operats it
Vehicle allocations
date of when I last updated it

Then secong page Stop list which include all stop codes with in city centre or along the route.

Then on routes that are together on one timetable like 11A/C how many stop it includes on the bottom of each page of stop list 

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 29, 2020, 10:39:07 AM
It helps me as I include what the destination blinds say. So it helps.. I hope that makes sense? 😁  I'm not trying to start auguments and also not trying to anger peopke on here I'm just going about my day to day jobs. One of which it to create stop list dicuments for my reference which include Destination indicators/blind information.

My documents include the following

Info page
route number.
written route including the two termini.
Frequency
Day
Peak hours
Evening/Sunday
Destination indicators
Single/return journey times
Which garage operats it
Vehicle allocations
date of when I last updated it

Then secong page Stop list which include all stop codes with in city centre or along the route.

Then on routes that are together on one timetable like 11A/C how many stop it includes on the bottom of each page of stop list
I see where you're coming from, however including destination information could be more confusing to people, as like many have said, there can be multiple blinds for the same route and that these change often.

Quote from: Pat on December 29, 2020, 01:32:19 PM
I see where you're coming from, however including destination information could be more confusing to people
I think he's saying that the documents for himself to be honest "documents for my reference".
People can find route information on NX Bus site, Traveline, etc anyway.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on December 29, 2020, 01:32:19 PM
I see where you're coming from, however including destination information could be more confusing to people, as like many have said, there can be multiple blinds for the same route and that these change often.

The documents are for a selected number of people and not in the public domain..so the people in the know will know, that it changes occationally and also I will try to keep them as upto date as posible!!😁 This is as they don't change that iften. They only seem to change when the route changes or like now in a pandemic.

bususer28

Stu

A couple I can let you know about as they have changed since you last asked:

5 - Birmingham / Solihull - via Monkspath
6 - Birmingham / Solihull - via Stratford Road

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

paulb1973

NXC routes with the 'via' information - just from my own observations/pictures posted on Facebook etc. Not sure if the few shorter 5 journey's to Holbrook Lane display 'Radford' and the 18A displays any via information at all? But generally speaking, cross-city services just display 'via Coventry' currently:

1 Chapelfields – (City, Earl Street) – Walsgrave "via Coventry"
3 Arena Park – (City, Burges) – Binley or University Hospital "via Coventry"
3S Blue Coat CofE School – City, Burges [am & pm]
5 Arena Park or Radford – City, Pool Meadow "via Coundon"
6 Little Heath – (City, Pool Meadow) - Tanyard Farm "via Coventry"
6A Victoria Farm or Little Heath – (City, Pool Meadow) - Tanyard Farm "via Coventry"
6S West Coventry Academy – City, Pool Meadow [pm only]
7 City, Pool Meadow - Brownshill Green or Lyons Park Amazon "via Coundon" / "via Coundon & Allesley"
8 Allesley Park – (City, Pool Meadow) - Walsgrave Triangle "via Coventry"
8A Allesley Park – (City, Pool Meadow) – Wood End "via Coventry"
8S Cardinal Wiseman School - City, Pool Meadow [am & pm]
9 Green Lane – (City, Pool Meadow) - University Hospital "via Coventry"
9A Green Lane – (City, Pool Meadow) - University Hospital "via Coventry"
9S Bishop Ullathorne School - City, Pool Meadow [pm only]
10 Bell Green – (City, Pool Meadow) – Hearsall Common or Tile Hill "via Coventry"
10A Bell Green – (City, Pool Meadow) - Westwood Business Park "via Coventry"
10B Cardinal Wiseman School – City, Pool Meadow [am & pm]
10S The Westwood Academy – City, Pool Meadow [pm only]
11 Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Leamington Spa "via University of Warwick"
12X Coventry (Pool Meadow) "Direct" - University of Warwick "Direct" or Canley "via University of Warwick"
13 Whitmore Park – (City, Burges) - Willenhall "via Coventry"
13A Whitmore Park – (City, Burges) - Willenhall "via Coventry"
14 City (Pool Meadow) – Eastern Green or Tile Hill or University of Warwick "via Eastern Green"
14A City (Pool Meadow) – Eastern Green or University of Warwick "via Eastern Green"
16 City (Burges) - Keresley Village "via Radford Road"
17 University Hospital – (City, Pool Meadow) – Fenside "via Coventry"
17A University Hospital – (City, Pool Meadow) – Fenside "via Coventry"
18 City (Pool Meadow) – Tile Hill "via Canley"
18A City (Pool Meadow) – Westwood Business Park "via Hearsall Common"
20 Coventry (Trinity Street) – Old Church Road or Bedworth or Nuneaton "via Foleshill Road"
20A City (Trinity Street) – University Hospital or Bell Green "via Foleshill Road"
20B City (Trinity Street) – Longford (Novotel) or Exhall (Bayton Road) "via Foleshill Road"
20C City (Trinity Street) – University Hospital "via Foleshill Road"
21 Wood End – (City, Hales Street/Trinity Street) - Willenhall "via Coventry"
21A Wood End – (City, Hales Street/Trinity Street) - Middlemarch Business Park "via Coventry"
21S Cardinal Wiseman School – (City, Hales Street/Trinity Street) - Willenhall "via Coventry" [am & pm]
52 Coventry (Blue Coat CofE School) – Bedworth [am & pm / pm to Ash Green via Bedworth]
57 West Coventry Academy – City, Pool Meadow or Allesley Park [pm only]
58 City, Trinity Street - West Coventry Academy [am & pm / pm to Hales Street]
58A Morrisons or Allesley Park - West Coventry Academy [am only]
58A West Coventry Academy – Radford [pm only]
59 Eastern Green - West Coventry Academy [am & pm]
85 Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby
85A Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby
85B Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby
85S Coventry (Pool Meadow) - Rugby Schools [Rugby Harris School, Rugby High School, am & pm]
539 Coventry (Pool Meadow) - Kenilworth "via Baginton" [route variations]
580 Coventry (Pool Meadow) - Rugby "via Stretton & Dunchurch" [route variations]
585S Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby Schools [Rugby Ashlawn School, am & pm]
A50 Amazon Rugby Gateway – Coventry Amazon
X30 Ansty Park – Coventry – Ansty Park "via Coventry Station" / "via Ansty Road"

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 29, 2020, 07:39:00 PM
NXC routes with the 'via' information - just from my own observations/pictures posted on Facebook etc. Not sure if the few shorter 5 journey's to Holbrook Lane display 'Radford' and the 18A displays any via information at all? But generally speaking, cross-city services just display 'via Coventry' currently:

1 Chapelfields – (City, Earl Street) – Walsgrave "via Coventry"
3 Arena Park – (City, Burges) – Binley or University Hospital "via Coventry"
3S Blue Coat CofE School – City, Burges [am & pm]
5 Arena Park or Radford – City, Pool Meadow "via Coundon"
6 Little Heath – (City, Pool Meadow) - Tanyard Farm "via Coventry"
6A Victoria Farm or Little Heath – (City, Pool Meadow) - Tanyard Farm "via Coventry"
6S West Coventry Academy – City, Pool Meadow [pm only]
7 City, Pool Meadow - Brownshill Green or Lyons Park Amazon "via Coundon" / "via Coundon & Allesley"
8 Allesley Park – (City, Pool Meadow) - Walsgrave Triangle "via Coventry"
8A Allesley Park – (City, Pool Meadow) – Wood End "via Coventry"
8S Cardinal Wiseman School - City, Pool Meadow [am & pm]
9 Green Lane – (City, Pool Meadow) - University Hospital "via Coventry"
9A Green Lane – (City, Pool Meadow) - University Hospital "via Coventry"
9S Bishop Ullathorne School - City, Pool Meadow [pm only]
10 Bell Green – (City, Pool Meadow) – Hearsall Common or Tile Hill "via Coventry"
10A Bell Green – (City, Pool Meadow) - Westwood Business Park "via Coventry"
10B Cardinal Wiseman School – City, Pool Meadow [am & pm]
10S The Westwood Academy – City, Pool Meadow [pm only]
11 Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Leamington Spa "via University of Warwick"
12X Coventry (Pool Meadow) "Direct" - University of Warwick "Direct" or Canley "via University of Warwick"
13 Whitmore Park – (City, Burges) - Willenhall "via Coventry"
13A Whitmore Park – (City, Burges) - Willenhall "via Coventry"
14 City (Pool Meadow) – Eastern Green or Tile Hill or University of Warwick "via Eastern Green"
14A City (Pool Meadow) – Eastern Green or University of Warwick "via Eastern Green"
16 City (Burges) - Keresley Village "via Radford Road"
17 University Hospital – (City, Pool Meadow) – Fenside "via Coventry"
17A University Hospital – (City, Pool Meadow) – Fenside "via Coventry"
18 City (Pool Meadow) – Tile Hill "via Canley"
18A City (Pool Meadow) – Westwood Business Park "via Hearsall Common"
20 Coventry (Trinity Street) – Old Church Road or Bedworth or Nuneaton "via Foleshill Road"
20A City (Trinity Street) – University Hospital or Bell Green "via Foleshill Road"
20B City (Trinity Street) – Longford (Novotel) or Exhall (Bayton Road) "via Foleshill Road"
20C City (Trinity Street) – University Hospital "via Foleshill Road"
21 Wood End – (City, Hales Street/Trinity Street) - Willenhall "via Coventry"
21A Wood End – (City, Hales Street/Trinity Street) - Middlemarch Business Park "via Coventry"
21S Cardinal Wiseman School – (City, Hales Street/Trinity Street) - Willenhall "via Coventry" [am & pm]
52 Coventry (Blue Coat CofE School) – Bedworth [am & pm / pm to Ash Green via Bedworth]
57 West Coventry Academy – City, Pool Meadow or Allesley Park [pm only]
58 City, Trinity Street - West Coventry Academy [am & pm / pm to Hales Street]
58A Morrisons or Allesley Park - West Coventry Academy [am only]
58A West Coventry Academy – Radford [pm only]
59 Eastern Green - West Coventry Academy [am & pm]
85 Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby
85A Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby
85B Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby
85S Coventry (Pool Meadow) - Rugby Schools [Rugby Harris School, Rugby High School, am & pm]
539 Coventry (Pool Meadow) - Kenilworth "via Baginton" [route variations]
580 Coventry (Pool Meadow) - Rugby "via Stretton & Dunchurch" [route variations]
585S Coventry (Pool Meadow) – Rugby Schools [Rugby Ashlawn School, am & pm]
A50 Amazon Rugby Gateway – Coventry Amazon
X30 Ansty Park – Coventry – Ansty Park "via Coventry Station" / "via Ansty Road"

Hi @paulb1973  Thanks for this list...for the services that terminate in the Centre I assmue they have the same via points as outbound journeys for the return journeys?

Regards

Bus Man K2

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on December 29, 2020, 06:02:53 PM
A couple I can let you know about as they have changed since you last asked:

5 - Birmingham / Solihull - via Monkspath
6 - Birmingham / Solihull - via Stratford Road

Thanks for these... I have amended this now.

paulb1973

Re. the NXC list above - yes the return journeys are broadly the same. I think some of the inbound non-cross-city routes just display 'Coventry' - buses on the 12X certainly do. I don't get to see the school services too often, not sure if 'via' displays are even shown.

There are also the JLR contract services - but I'm not sure if these are running currently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk