News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Document or information on all destination and via points on bus blinds

Started by Bus Man K2, July 01, 2020, 04:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 28, 2020, 06:09:54 PM
It applies to bodies who are in the public sector ownership.

Most of these can be found on the What do they know site.

Thanks @the trainbasher  could you provide a link to the page.. just PM me. Thanks again.

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 06:09:41 PM
Thanks @Westy  do you happen to know anymore of Walsall's please? No worry if you don't.

Actually thinking about it, the 29 should be via Coalpool & Harden, & the one 19 should read Bloxwich via Blakenall.

(I've never seen a 29 Walsall via Harden & Coalpool AFAIK!)

The 9 should be Walsall via Pelsall / Bloxwich via Pelsall. (Never saw 'High Heath' mentioned.)

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on December 28, 2020, 06:18:22 PM
Actually thinking about it, the 29 should be via Coalpool & Harden, & the one 19 should read Bloxwich via Blakenall.

(I've never seen a 29 Walsall via Harden & Coalpool AFAIK!)

The 9 should be Walsall via Pelsall / Bloxwich via Pelsall. (Never saw 'High Heath' mentioned.)

Is the 29 Walsall via Harden and Coalpool, Bloxwich via Coalpool & Harden.
Blakenhall via Coalpool and Walsall via Coalpool?

any others.  I don't ask for much do I! 😁 😁

Bus Man K2

mesub

23 Bartley Green (or Birmingham) via Harborne
24 Quinton Road West (or Birmingham) via Harborne

I want to say 18 Yardley Wood via Cotteridge but may be wrong.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Bus Man K2

Quote from: mesub on December 28, 2020, 06:37:00 PM
23 Bartley Green (or Birmingham) via Harborne
24 Quinton Road West (or Birmingham) via Harborne

I want to say 18 Yardley Wood via Cotteridge but may be wrong.

Thanks for this. Doesn't the 23 say Bartley Green Newman University via Harborne anymore?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 06:01:05 PM

I am creating updated stop lists (my editions). It also a great time to create stop lists as we cant travle on the services but can google map ot West Midalnds Network map it!! 😁
If it is to create stop lists, I can't see how this information would be of any benefit to you.  Not to mention that destination blinds change frequently and there are more than one blinds for each route. 

Tony

Quote from: Pat on December 28, 2020, 07:02:11 PM
If it is to create stop lists, I can't see how this information would be of any benefit to you.  Not to mention that destination blinds change frequently and there are more than one blinds for each route.

I have advised this before, compiling a list today, could be wrong tomorrow. Adeon who do the blinds will be updating the database to improve it, then as soon as one route needs changing at a garage they supply a USB that goes in all the buses and several routes will change, not just the one with a service change.

I also do not see any benefit in knowing this.

mesub

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 06:39:53 PM
Thanks for this. Doesn't the 23 say Bartley Green Newman University via Harborne anymore?

Ah yes I forgot to mention that.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2020, 07:06:27 PM
I have advised this before, compiling a list today, could be wrong tomorrow. Adeon who do the blinds will be updating the database to improve it, then as soon as one route needs changing at a garage they supply a USB that goes in all the buses and several routes will change, not just the one with a service change.

I also do not see any benefit in knowing this.

Quote from: Pat on December 28, 2020, 07:02:11 PM
I understand that this do change but at the moment and as far as I can see until further notice NX will be operating to a destination with one via point and yes I know the list could change with in weeks but if its it for the forseable then I think I'm going to be done before it all changes again!! 😁

MasterPlan

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 05:58:40 PM
Does it have any via Points? I assume it says Maypoke fir the other direction of travle?

I can't remember as it's been a while, but I believe the via point is still Kings Heath and the other terminus display is Maypole.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BH2004

What I don't understand is why the 'part route' got taken off the short workings destination and changed to via points because what if there is an obstruction or an untimetable short working and he buses have to have short journey and it doesn't serve there on that journey, then it will displaying wrong information

karl724223

E and part route are still on blinds if you know how to programme them from the cab
And no I'm not wasting my time telling you how to get it up

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 05:20:31 PM
I'd have thought that FOI would apply to any company so if I asked a private company they would have to comply. So what's so 'special' about private companies?

The Freedom of Information Act applies only to the public sector because that is what the Government of the day wanted.

This very useful guide from the Information Commissioner's Office (which is the authority that deals with FOI disputes) provides details of the FOI Act, including what its aims are - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-freedom-of-information/what-is-the-foi-act/#:~:text=The%20Freedom%20of%20Information%20Act%202000%20provides%20public%20access%20to,request%20information%20from%20public%20authorities.

There is no equivalent or similar law for the private sector.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk