News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Killer Corona Virus

Started by Sandy Lane, April 08, 2020, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 10:26:35 PM
Leicestershire Live are reporting only 2/3 wearing masks.
Why are you going over the same things again.
What have Lecistershire Live to do with the operation of bus services within The West Midlands County & Worcestershire. National Express West Midlands, Diamond Bus & First Worcester from my observations and using them are currently doing an excellent job coping with the new regulations. NXWM is leading the way here & should be applauded.  I wouldn't believe local newspaper reports too much without personal experience you have evidently never read The Birmingham Mail.

the trainbasher

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 20, 2020, 10:33:38 PM
What have Lecistershire Live to do with the operation of bus services within The West Midlands County & Worcestershire. National Express West Midlands, Diamond Bus & First Worcester from my observations and using them are currently doing an excellent job coping with the new regulations. NXWM is leading the way here & should be applauded.  I wouldn't believe local newspaper reports too much without personal experience you have evidently never read The Birmingham Mail.

Unfortunately Leicestershire Live share content with the Birmingham Fail as they are part of Reach PLC

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Bus drivers have as much power in enforcing masks as they do enforcing tickets. No matter how much you want them to challenge those idiots that just walk on without a ticket you know full well it's in their own best interest to leave it. Yeah I find that frustrating but scum will be scum

On my commute at the moment there's one guy that has had the virus and has handed out a mask to a couple of others trying to explain to them, they've mostly thanked him. Then there's one stubborn older lady who's mostly just ignored it all, occasionally loosely putting a scarf round her face

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 20, 2020, 10:33:38 PM
What have Lecistershire Live to do with the operation of bus services within The West Midlands County & Worcestershire....

Leicestershire has as much relevance to a West Midlands bus forum as Worcestershire does.....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Kevin on June 21, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
Bus drivers have as much power in enforcing masks as they do enforcing tickets. No matter how much you want them to challenge those idiots that just walk on without a ticket you know full well it's in their own best interest to leave it. Yeah I find that frustrating but scum will be scum

On my commute at the moment there's one guy that has had the virus and has handed out a mask to a couple of others trying to explain to them, they've mostly thanked him. Then there's one stubborn older lady who's mostly just ignored it all, occasionally loosely putting a scarf round her face

Leicestershire has as much relevance to a West Midlands bus forum as Worcestershire does.....
My comment was not addressed at the county but at the article from a Leicestershire media outlet and its relevance to bus operations in the West Midlands where from my own observations last week compliance is well over 80% with the softly softly approach working and did not recognise the comments made by @Mayfield with regard to enforcement which are contrary to my own experience on NXWM, Diamond Bus & First last week.

don

If you want to see non-compliance, you should see some train services, especially evenings. Generally key workers use masks but the yobs and general riff raff don't.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Gareth

Quote from: don on June 21, 2020, 08:36:34 PM
If you want to see non-compliance, you should see some train services, especially evenings. Generally key workers use masks but the yobs and general riff raff don't.

We have no way of knowing who is a key worker and who isn't. Non essential businesses are now open, so everyone is just a worker.

Pat

Quote from: Gareth on June 21, 2020, 09:23:01 PM
We have no way of knowing who is a key worker and who isn't. Non essential businesses are now open, so everyone is just a worker.
Also, those who work in the healthcare industry are not allowed to wear their uniforms outside of their place of work (with the exception of carers) so we can't always identify key workers by uniform.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on June 22, 2020, 02:09:50 PM
Also, those who work in the healthcare industry are not allowed to wear their uniforms outside of their place of work (with the exception of carers) so we can't always identify key workers by uniform.
Wouldn't they have a photo ID badge even our Institute requires us too carry a photo ID lanyard round our neck.

Gareth

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 22, 2020, 02:36:52 PM
Wouldn't they have a photo ID badge even our Institute requires us too carry a photo ID lanyard round our neck.

I would never carry any company ID on me in public around my neck. I'll happily show any ID to anyone who needs to see it. It doesn't need to be flaunted.

don

Quote from: don on June 21, 2020, 08:36:34 PM

This is probably correct but from observation it's the same supermarket, rail, NHS shift workers, often in uniform using trains say at 10 pm (I know some NHS workers aren't meant to wear them owing to disease transfer where they're working with potentially covid patients) however there are now far more 'casual' travellers who often don't seem to bother with social distancing - rather like the two young ladies who appeared in the park I was sitting in yesterday, one pushing the other in a shopping trolley and then both climbing over the fence into the locked children's playground and proceeding to play on some of the items in there. Unfortunately some people simply don't take the virus seriously.

My company have a policy that you are not to wear lanyards outside of company premises - this was introduced after more than one security issue. There are even notices of some of our office exit doors reminding people. Unless you're emergency or security services, or other public interface worker, why would you need a lanyard out in public - with your name displayed on it?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Pat

Quote from: Gareth on June 22, 2020, 04:10:23 PM
I would never carry any company ID on me in public around my neck. I'll happily show any ID to anyone who needs to see it. It doesn't need to be flaunted.
I'll happily display my lanyard and ID whilst in our building, but I don't like to have it on show when i'm out given it has my name plastered in bold all over it!

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:42:15 PM
Your/ other exempt people need to get some sort of certificate, this is all about protecting the majority to stop the spread.
It's beginning to get under control and everybody needs to do the right thing to stop this pandemic and any more
Unnecessary deaths

I have just noticed this on the Stagecoach website: Face Covering Journey Assistance Cards
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/national/journey-assistance-cards#

Maybe this would be a good idea to have more widely available?

Trident 4194

I emailed nx a good month ago now regarding my 3 term student bus pass. Did I I receive a reply? Of course I didn't!

Pat

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 24, 2020, 08:11:34 AM
I emailed nx a good month ago now regarding my 3 term student bus pass. Did I I receive a reply? Of course I didn't!
They'll have an awful lot of refunds to process, so it may take a while.  Also, they won't have the full amount of staff in, so that'll slow things too.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 24, 2020, 08:11:34 AM

@Trident 4194 if the pass was issued by TfWM please use this form to claim a refund it is the quickest method
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/get-in-touch/refunds/coronavirus-covid-19-ticket-refund-scheme-guidance/

If the pass is issued by TfWM & have used this form & not recieved a response from TfWM please Private Message me with the details & I will ensure it gets to the right person

I cannot comment or act on any pass issued by National Express West Midlands

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk