News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Killer Corona Virus

Started by Sandy Lane, April 08, 2020, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:09:01 PM
Leicestershire live have announced on their website that First Leicester and Arriva Leicester have announced  that drivers cannot enforce face mask LAW
How pathetic, just tell the passenger they are not getting on the bus, if the don't comply call the police.
The drivers have cab protection.
We will never beat this with virus when management adopt this attitude, they should be relieved of there duties
Immediately

I am medicaly exempted from using a mask. Although I wear an alternative face covering by choice a hoddie with a snood. Following a major operation my speech cannot be understood .  I cannot explain to a driver I am medically exempt. According to you if I got on the many buses I use to and from hospital without a face mask each time I got on the driver would have to call the police. In the current extreme circumstances do you not think think this would be a waste of a police time & resources? What proof of exemption do you suggest without humiliating someone such as myself?

Mayfield

Your/ other exempt people need to get some sort of certificate, this is all about protecting the majority to stop the spread.
It's beginning to get under control and everybody needs to do the right thing to stop this pandemic and any more
Unnecessary deaths

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:42:15 PM
Your/ other exempt people need to get some sort of certificate, this is all about protecting the majority to stop the spread.
It's beginning to get under control and everybody needs to do the right thing to stop this pandemic and any more
Unnecessary deaths
What certificate exactly and where from?

Mayfield

The doctors of cause if it's a medical condition.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:45:50 PM
The doctors of cause if it's a medical condition.
As a member of the board of a Health Authority I can confirm CCG'S have not been instructed by DfT to ask doctors to issue anything as such as you suggest therefore GP's are unable to follow what you suggest & so I ask what certificate and from where?

Mayfield

Then I suggest you raise this point with the board then.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:58:03 PM
Then I suggest you raise this point with the board then.
Unfortunately that will not resolve the current point you raise. The operators are quite correct that whilst regrettable the DfT regulations cannot be legally enforced as such and as such passenger cooperation to the matter of face coverings can only be encouraged.

Mayfield

Absolute rubbish, why bother making rules if your not going to enforce them.
This is lives were taking about.

Pat

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:09:01 PM
Leicestershire live have announced on their website that First Leicester and Arriva Leicester have announced  that drivers cannot enforce face mask LAW
How pathetic, just tell the passenger they are not getting on the bus, if the don't comply call the police.
The drivers have cab protection.
We will never beat this with virus when management adopt this attitude, they should be relieved of there duties
Immediately
I can see their reasoning behind this though.  Drivers now have increased risk of being threatened, assaulted etc.  Yes most buses have assault screens, but some may not.  I guess this just goes to show the times we live in... 

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 10:08:00 PM
why bother making rules if your not going to enforce them.
If the rule hadn't been made, then maybe not as many would be wearing them as there are at present. Since from what I've seen compliance appears to be very high. Whereas up until the 14th (before it was mandatory), hardly anyone was wearing them.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mayfield

Nobody was wearing them because our brilliant scientists said there was no benefit gained from it.
How many buses don't have assault screens nowadays

WyreForestShuttle

How do you suggest the rules defined by the DfT be enforced by the operators beyond what the operators themselves believe and what evidence do you have of non compliance?

Pat

If i'm honest, I don't think that face masks are going to make any difference whatsoever.  Covid is decreasing and I think that simply cleaning surfaces and washing your hands is the best.  If people with medical conditions etc can board a bus without wearing a face mask, they can potentially spread it so makes it pointless for everyone else to wear them.
Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 10:19:17 PM
Assault screens are an optional extra and don't come as standard when purchasing a new bus, although many operators have installed them since the pandemic.  There are lots of vehicles that don't have these.  It tends to be the three main operators (First, Arriva, Stagecoach) that have these screens fitted.

Gareth

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 10:19:17 PM
Nobody was wearing them because our brilliant scientists said there was no benefit gained from it.

All NX buses do, but there's still other operators that don't.

Mayfield

Leicestershire Live are reporting only 2/3 wearing masks.
Why are you going over the same things again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk