News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New cross-city bus services

Started by 2900, February 28, 2020, 12:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2021, 10:14:26 AM
How did it do that in 90 mins?

I don't think the Birmingham to Airport section stopped at so many stops, for example and generally running times on most route were less than they are now.

cris 99

Does anyone remember the 951 when it first started wasnt it Bearwood to Bloxwich or Cannock?
17//72/73/97/X12

Steve3229vp

Quote from: cris 99 on March 07, 2021, 05:50:06 PM
Does anyone remember the 951 when it first started wasnt it Bearwood to Bloxwich or Cannock?
Started at deregulation (26-10-86) Bearwood-Birmingham-Walsall-Bloxwich, then in 1987 the 951 was extended to Cannock via Great Wyrley with 952 via Cheslyn Hay, the Bearwood section was withdrawn except some peak journeys that ran to/from Five Ways and these eventually faded away

fleetline6477

Quote from: cris 99 on March 07, 2021, 05:50:06 PM

Yes, remember riding from Bearwood to Bloxwich several times with grandparents.

monkeyjoe

So this cross city service I see the council are plugging is that likely to happen this year and will they change the numbers of the routes does anyone know or just make people aware it's cross city and change from a 87 to a 50 once in town ?

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 26, 2021, 12:59:00 PM
So this cross city service I see the council are plugging is that likely to happen this year and will they change the numbers of the routes does anyone know or just make people aware it's cross city and change from a 87 to a 50 once in town ?
Same route number for both sections would make sense and be simpler I would have thought. Wouldn't really make sense having the number change from 87 to 50 in town as that's interworking and not really cross - city, so doesn't advertise the fact you can travel through aswell.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 26, 2021, 12:59:00 PM

Split and merged into existing cross-city services topic.

This was supposed to happen this year, but with works ongoing to implement necessary improvements to make this work effectively, I can't see this happening until next year now, though I'm happy to be corrected.

Regarding the route numbering, as nothing appears to have been finalised yet, its all very much still in the 'speculation' phase.

Logic would dictate that to avoid confusion, some all new route numbers would work best. What they would be is anyone's guess right now.

Perhaps as a suggestion, "C1" for Dudley to Maypole/Druids Heath, and "C2" for Bearwood to Maypole/Druids Heath?

The other alternatives would be to reuse existing route numbers:
- drop the 50, and run all journeys as 82 and 87 through to Druids Heath/Maypole
- or drop the 82 and 87, and run journeys to Dudley as the 50, and journeys to Bearwood as the 50A
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on May 26, 2021, 07:01:11 PM
Perhaps as a suggestion, "C1" for Dudley to Maypole/Druids Heath, and "C2" for Bearwood to Maypole/Druids Heath?

The other alternatives would be to reuse existing route numbers:
- drop the 50, and run all journeys as 82 and 87 through to Druids Heath/Maypole
- or drop the 82 and 87, and run journeys to Dudley as the 50, and journeys to Bearwood as the 50A
Other idea possibly 87/88 or C87 & C88.
Which would fit in with the 89 on the Dudley Road, still as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

The council have been running webinars of public transport post clean air zone, nxwm were due to speak but due to technical problems running tmw

fleetline6477

Let's hope it continues to get shelved and never happens.

monkeyjoe

On the webinar they were pretty confident it is

monkeyjoe

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 27, 2021, 05:15:16 AM
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/development/cross-city-bus/

Wasn't aware there was a whole city plan ?

Have a look back through this thread, from page 7 onwards, we've already covered this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ian Hardy

Good to see that TfWM can spell:

Package 2: Perry Common/Hamstead – Hawksley/Longbridge (North-South)

Hawkesley rather than Hawksley but at least the map has the correct spelling:-)

CL

Quote from: Ian Hardy on May 30, 2021, 08:29:25 AM
Good to see that TfWM can spell:

Package 2: Perry Common/Hamstead – Hawksley/Longbridge (North-South)

Hawkesley rather than Hawksley but at least the map has the correct spelling:-)
and yet Perry Common is missing an 'm'.. 😂
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk