News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service 10H service changes

Started by Bus Man K2, February 21, 2020, 12:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

It might confuse the one person that uses it a day. God forbid

ellspurs

Quote from: Kevin on February 22, 2020, 09:05:04 AM
Why leave it as 10H when it can be renumbered to fit in with all the other bus services out that direction?

I understand why the route number is being changed. My concern is that they are using a route number that is already in use in Birmingham - the 25 from Erdington to Ward End. Yes this bus is on the other side of the city, but it would be featured on the Birmingham network route map.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on February 22, 2020, 05:03:42 PM
I understand why the route number is being changed. My concern is that they are using a route number that is already in use in Birmingham - the 25 from Erdington to Ward End. Yes this bus is on the other side of the city, but it would be featured on the Birmingham network route map.

I don't know of many people who get confused between the 54 Perry Barr to Hamstead Village and the 54 West Bromwich to Quinton.

I really don't know where this argument is going, we seem to be going round in circles here.

Quick question: does anybody here on this forum actually use the 10H service?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on February 22, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
I don't know of many people who get confused between the 54 Perry Barr to Hamstead Village and the 54 West Bromwich to Quinton.

I really don't know where this argument is going, we seem to be going round in circles here.

Quick question: does anybody here on this forum actually use the 10H service?

Of course we don't

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on February 22, 2020, 06:17:53 PMQuick question: does anybody here on this forum actually use the 10H service?

Highly doubt it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

sonic84

One argument could be that at the QE hospital you have a 10H and a 10S with nothing in common now which is why they have changed the number.

Quote from: sonic84 on February 23, 2020, 09:03:28 AM
One argument could be that at the QE hospital you have a 10H and a 10S with nothing in common now which is why they have changed the number.
Strange they didn't change the route number when they curtailed the service though, why 5 months later?

Quote from: ellspurs on February 22, 2020, 05:03:42 PM
Could have called it the 26, I suppose. Think that's a route number that hasn't been in use in Birmingham since 2011.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on February 22, 2020, 12:30:44 PM
They run at completely separate times of day though, there isn't any confusion. If anyone thinks they can catch a 10 to Quinton at 13:00, then they need to look at the timetable. And can't see anyone getting on a bus at the Dudley Road stop, thinking they are going to Quinton.
And i'm sure to avoid confusion you can always ask the driver where the bus is going @Mike K.Never seen any of this confusion about the route number, or someone thinks its going to Quinton when I've used the 10H. Only confusion I've seen are people wanting to get off at the X20 stop at New Street Station and being  taken to the Markets and Colmore Row instead and confused why its taking a longer route via Ladywood.

So why would someone confuse it with the East Brum 25?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on February 23, 2020, 10:47:14 AM
So why would someone confuse it with the East Brum 25?
Think it makes far more sense, using an available route number - 26. Rather than duplicating a route number - 25, that is already in use.
And don't think there are any other services called the 10H in the West Midlands. 
26 still fits into the numbering of routes with the 19/X20/X21/X22/23/24.

Probably wouldn't cause any confusion, but still just as possible as someone confusing it with the X10. And while it might run on the other side of the city, people from East Birmingham do still travel to the QE/uni.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Why not number is 25H instead?  That way, it will still fit in with the other route numbers and shouldn't cause confusion with the east Brum 25.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on February 21, 2020, 09:37:48 PM
From what I've seen the vast majority of people travelling from the Hospital to Birmingham City Centre would rather walk 2/3 minutes up to Uni Station and catch the regular and faster X20's
In addition when the 10H has turned up at Uni Station, you sometimes get people who ask it if its going to the City Centre, they usually get straight off when the driver tells them its going through Ladywood first. And a few OAP's where shouting about it being "ridiculous when the X20 is so quick" the other week.

Yep you are right the 10H is mostly for the OAPs. Although it is 'sometimes' busier on the very last trip.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 23, 2020, 04:10:15 PM
Yep you are right the 10H is mostly for the OAPs.
The majority of OAP's going to the QE from Birmingham City Centre use the X20, from what I've seen.

The 2 times I used the 10H in the past few weeks it only picked up 2 or 3 students at Spring Hill Island  and Monument Road. Didn't pick up any OAP's on those 2 occasions when I caught it. And both didn't pick anyone up in the City Centre.
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 23, 2020, 04:10:15 PM
Although it is 'sometimes' busier on the very last trip.
One of those being the last trip of the day, and i'd hardly say its  2 passengers was "busy".

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on February 23, 2020, 05:45:15 PM
The majority of OAP's going to the QE from Birmingham City Centre use the X20, from what I've seen.

The 2 times I used the 10H in the past few weeks it only picked up 2 or 3 students at Spring Hill Island  and Monument Road. Didn't pick up any OAP's on those 2 occasions when I caught it. And both didn't pick anyone up in the City Centre.
One of those being the last trip of the day, and i'd hardly say its  2 passengers was "busy".

Well all I can say is when I last used it was busy and that was the last journey of the day. When you think of it though the next bus to depart the centre (10) isn't busy at all. I've used it on some occacitons and there has only been me and one other person on it. So really I'm supprised that the 10 hasn't been withdrawn. As also the 23 & 24 prity much follow the 10 route to Harborne. I know that the 10 does Court Oak Rd but it's still not busy on that part of the route.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 23, 2020, 06:03:14 PM
Well all I can say is when I last used it was busy and that was the last journey of the day. When you think of it though the next bus to depart the centre (10) isn't busy at all. I've used it on some occacitons and there has only been me and one other person on it. So really I'm supprised that the 10 hasn't been withdrawn. As also the 23 & 24 prity much follow the 10 route to Harborne. I know that the 10 does Court Oak Rd but it's still not busy on that part of the route.

I've been on a 10, and there's been 7-8 people on the little rattlebox

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 23, 2020, 07:25:28 PM
I've been on a 10, and there's been 7-8 people on the little rattlebox

All I can say @Trident 4194 is when I've been on it there's omly been 1 or two passengea including me. So the 10 isn't a busy route at all. Unlike the 10H when I was on there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk