News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 08:59:24 PM
And as you use London as an example, do these look any different
http://wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/LondonUnited/47027.html
Operators of contracted services in London used their own liveries until representations were made by the London Tourist board to revert to red after confusion caused on early tendered routes like the 24.

MARKG

I can see from recent photos that most of the Coventry Electrics have now been fully liveried. When are they going to enter service?

CL

Quote from: MARKG on August 29, 2020, 11:12:24 AM
I can see from recent photos that most of the Coventry Electrics have now been fully liveried. When are they going to enter service?
Tomorrow :)

https://twitter.com/nxcoventry/status/1299062780096585728
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

I see in this month's 'Buses'  that MD David Bradford has promised 500 zero emission buses in service for the Commonwealth Games in July 2022. That's about 28 buses a month starting next month. Is this practical? Has an order been placed for electric buses?

ellspurs

Quote from: Stevo on February 22, 2021, 02:02:17 PM
I see in this month's 'Buses'  that MD David Bradford has promised 500 zero emission buses in service for the Commonwealth Games in July 2022. That's about 28 buses a month starting next month. Is this practical? Has an order been placed for electric buses?

We do know of the hydrogen buses that will be in service by then, so them plus the 29 already in service, would leave how many to be procured?

I've just looked on the Alexander Dennis website to see if there was a news announcement about them, but it seems they only announce on delivery (unless I haven't looked back far enough).

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on February 22, 2021, 02:26:06 PM
We do know of the hydrogen buses that will be in service by then, so them plus the 29 already in service, would leave how many to be procured?

I've just looked on the Alexander Dennis website to see if there was a news announcement about them, but it seems they only announce on delivery (unless I haven't looked back far enough).

He also doesn't say they will all be new, he also mentioned repowering

Stevo

Forgive me for having doubts, but as it takes quite a time to convert from hybrid to diesel I can't see repowering being any quicker - probably taking longer.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on February 22, 2021, 06:18:07 PM
Forgive me for having doubts, but as it takes quite a time to convert from hybrid to diesel I can't see repowering being any quicker - probably taking longer.

Once the people doing the converting get going it shouldn't take too long at all to do each bus. EYMS can do a diesel to Hybrid in about 2 weeks.

Diamond are planning on having their MANs converted to electric as well

Quote from: ellspurs on February 22, 2021, 02:26:06 PM

It was said 2 months ago, there could be around 200 new buses this year.
Quote from: Tony on January 01, 2021, 10:29:26 AM
Because it is not worth making the entire fleet 'Euro 6' as there is a possibility of around 200 new buses in 2021
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on February 23, 2021, 12:34:40 AM
It was said 2 months ago, there could be around 200 new buses this year.

Well that, plus the conversions will have them well on the way towards 500 before the end of this year, which can only be a good thing.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: ellspurs on February 23, 2021, 12:03:54 PM
Well that, plus the conversions will have them well on the way towards 500 before the end of this year, which can only be a good thing.

Will be interesting how they will retrofit existing buses to electric, wonder if the single deckers will be easier to convert than doubles
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MW

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 23, 2021, 12:57:27 PM
Will be interesting how they will retrofit existing buses to electric, wonder if the single deckers will be easier to convert than doubles

See https://www.magtec.co.uk/index.php/en/applications-gb/electric-vehicle-drives/44-electric-buses for further information. Magtec appear to be one of the market leaders having converted some Plaxton Presidents up north, although I believe that was a while ago now. I doubt there'll be any real difference between what is easier to convert although there's different power outputs available, depending on the vehicle's weight as far as I'm aware.

B61 ANDREW

Noticed this on www.busforum.co.uk - E030 > E033 , owned by National Express but operated by Mullanys Coaches on a  Harry Potter shuttle service from Watford Railway Station to the Warner Brothers film studios.

Tony

I have put more details of the new buses on the main website. All VINs for the first 46 are there, and body numbers for all 130

E001 upwards (wmbusphotos.com)

Squiz1971

What I have noticed on the new Coventry electrics is that the nearside fleet number is up by the wing mirror/camera and not by the door release as normal. Is there a particular reason for this or is this the norm now for just the electrics? @Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk