News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 09:01:03 PM
I have no complaints with the service operated by WB  & PN by West Midlands Travel Limited on the 140 it was an excellent service and the best bus service in England as @Tony himself pointed out a few days ago the X8 is not on the 140 service registeration at OfTC therefore your comments are completely irrelevant  @karl724223
dont you like it I have a good few years expiriance in driving the 140/241 at two garages
Never mind Billy
Why do you keep editing all your posts Billy

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2020, 08:44:22 PM
The 140 was apparently an excellent service, and run with B7RLEs. As the X8 makes fewer stops if it is getting overcrowded with mostly double deck, then NX were obviously correct in introducing it
The 140/241 were every 15 minutes and the B7RLEs were perfect on a fitted service to The Stag from Dudley while with the 9 from College Rd every 7mins the Hagley Rd services were perfect now Blackheath bus users cannot get off a stop local to their place of work due to the limited stop format and are faced with hopeless unreliability. The 140 B7RLEs coped perfectly well with the 9 and 241 if you follow my logic who would want to change an excellent bus service that worked perfectly just remind me @Tony what is the name of the bus company that changed a perfectly excellent bus service.........

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 22, 2020, 09:12:34 PM
dont you like it I have a good few years expiriance in driving the 140/241 at two garages
Never mind Billy
Why do you keep editing all your posts Billy
I thank you @karl724223 for the excellent bus service you provided on the 140/241 and the good people of Blackheath will always be grateful too it's just a shame it has been replaced with the WNX8 so so sad and so regctable and a good political  speech writer is never happy with his first draft.

karl724223

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 09:14:54 PM
The 140/241 were every 15 minutes and the B7RLEs were perfect on a fitted service to The Stag from Dudley while with the 9 from College Rd every 7mins the Hagley Rd services were perfect now Blackheath bus users cannot get off a stop local to thier place of work due to the idiotic limited stop format and are faced with hopeless unreliability. The 140 B7RLEs coped perfectly well with the 9 and 241 only an idiotic bus company with no regard to its passengers would want to change an excellent bus service that worked perfectly just remind me @Tony what is the name of the bus company.........
i have also drove single deckers from pensnett on the 9 /X10 and never had a problem with dangerously overcrowding
You must be really unlucky billy

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 22, 2020, 09:25:39 PM
i have also drove single deckers from pensnett on the 9 /X10 and never had a problem with dangerously overcrowding
You must be really unlucky billy
I do not post any complaints  ever @karl724223 about the PN9 or X10 or PN13A which I still regard as excellent services of West Midlands Travel Limited which I use regularly to Halesowen or Blackheath on the 13A and are a credit to yourself and everyone at PN and have never made any post whatsoever of any over crowding on those services my complaints  are directed towards WN and the X8  which you obviously do not have experience of unlike myself and the good people of Blackheath and are listening to hearsay posts on the forum and excuses from employees of West Midlands Travel who are involved directly with the X8.

Stuharris 6360

Am looking forward to this Sunday when the good people of Stourbridge will be experiencing the wonderful Platinum buses from Wolverhampton garage on the number 8 service.

They will then experience the high level of customer care, driving and general comfort of these buses and their drivers that the good people of Blackheath have been experiencing, although 6 buses an hour between Stourbridge and Wolverhampton (8 and 16) is slightly overdoing it IMO.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 09:36:39 PM
I do not post any complaints  ever @karl724223 about the PN9 or X10 or PN13A which I still regard as excellent services of West Midlands Travel Limited which I use regularly to Halesowen or Blackheath on the 13A and are a credit to yourself and everyone at PN and have never made any post whatsoever of any over crowding on those services my complaints  are directed towards WN and the X8  which you obviously do not have experience of unlike myself and the good people of Blackheath and are listening to hearsay posts on the forum and excuses from employees of West Midlands Travel who are involved directly with the X8.

You regard the 9 as excellent when it also gets allocated B7RLES from time to Time. Today an E200made an appearance. How is that excellent when you criticise the X8 for having the same issues

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 22, 2020, 09:53:08 PM
You regard the 9 as excellent when it also gets allocated B7RLES from time to Time. Today an E200made an appearance. How is that excellent when you criticise the X8 for having the same issues
@Trident 4194 the WNX8 is infrequent the PN9 runs at frequent intervals up to every 10 mins while the X10 compliments it whilst being Limited Stop from The City to The Picture House  and so overcrowding is never an issue the two services cannot be compered.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 22, 2020, 09:42:35 PM
Am looking forward to this Sunday when the good people of Stourbridge will be experiencing the wonderful Platinum buses from Wolverhampton garage on the number 8 service.

They will then experience the high level of customer care, driving and general comfort of these buses and their drivers that the good people of Blackheath have been experiencing, although 6 buses an hour between Stourbridge and Wolverhampton (8 and 16) is slightly overdoing it IMO.
I wish everyone involved with the new services following the consultations good luck and best wishes from Sunday which @Stuharris 6360 I am sure you would agree with

Stuharris 6360

I do agree, but time will tell whether they are successfull!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Lukeee

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 04:06:02 PM
It is not me I worry about personally i am not one of life's complainers

Really?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Lukeee on January 22, 2020, 10:14:25 PM
Really?
Yes @Lukeee I and Blackheath bus users follow the words of one the worlds greatest philosophers of all time Tears For Fears its a very very Mad World

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 22, 2020, 08:43:54 PM
Paying a return to shareholders and providing a high quality customer service are not mutually exclusive you know - in fact they underpin the financial system the country operates in (capitalism). In the same way that Diamond Bus need to provide investors with a return for their investment. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this but my view is NXWM aims to provide a professional and high quality service to achieve good customer experience and thus be profitable.

It does bother me that Diamond operate a commercial service on the 16 and 50 in competition with NXWM but with inferior vehicles. So if TfWM wanted either of those run as a quality partnership what level of service do they specify - or would both of them run a mile if that was suggested? An interesting thought!! But if I lived on the 16 route I know I would prefer the higher quality bus.
Diamond Bus 226 is a quality partnership service with TfWM unfortunately as an accountant @don I do not understand your definition of capitalism or recognise  it sadly and its role in the UK financal system and equally I am unable to relate to your interpretation of a return to shareholders and providing a high quality customer service being mutually exclusive i as I did my internship with the artist now known as FirstGroup.

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 04:43:36 PM
Well as the great Keith Chegwin used to say on Cheggers Plays Pop one man's moan is another man's regulatory issue wheyhey so let's give a big Cheggers welcome to this - I use the 55 to the Necheles Place and are not aware of any capacity problems on the journeys I use or would report the matter to the OfTC. Both the 4H and 002 are frequent services running every 15 minutes with extra capacity on part of the route from Diamond Bus 202 and NXWM 4H so vehicle substitution is not an issue on these routes and strangely enough I regularly used the 636 and then the 99 to and from Birmingham from Blackheath well The Stag and also the X64 from weoley castle and cannot recall capacity issues on the journeys I used either mind you I do agree with you completely I do not know how the Bristol Road corridor will cope with the 144 frequency reduction from 26th January that is most worrying.
Obviously you never see the X20's then, the decker can have full standing loads from University North Gate at peak times and have to drive past all the other stops into the City Centre. Same for the 13:20 X22 from the QE which is always rammed and overcrowded with school kids. Single decker wouldn't cope with a lot of journeys on the X20/X21/X22.

Whether they'd have coped 5 years ago on the 99 is irrelavent.

NX 94 and 55 get bet busy at peak times as well, so clearly you never see that route either. I'm currently on a very overcrowded 6801 on the 94.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 23, 2020, 08:31:48 AM
Obviously you never see the X20's then, the decker can have full standing loads from University North Gate at peak times and have to drive past all the other stops into the City Centre. Same for the 13:20 X22 from the QE which is always rammed with school kids. Single decker wouldn't cope with a lot of journeys on the X20/X21/X22.

Whether they'd have coped 5 years ago on the 99 is irrelavent.

NX 94 and 55 get bet busy at peak times as well, so clearly you never see that route either
I visit two different clients on Boultbee Business Park in Nechelles and never see the 94 full and use both companies 55. They are more busier since 70s were cut I grant you.I only use the X22 to Balmoral Road and that's always empty compared with the old 22. You obviously never use these service or wouldn't be making such statements and what it has to do with Blackheath other than for me using them is anybody's guess. I never use X20 or X21 therefore cannot comment on these  services.

However if you a daily user of the 55/94 & X20/1/2  as I would usually be on the X8 I am happy to withdraw my comments @2206 and agree with your comments as I would never dispute the views and comments of a daily user. Many Apologies @2206[/b0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk