News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 22, 2020, 04:54:28 PM
I think you should write to The Times about it. As far as the Birmingham boundary does the 144 contribution even count?

Presumably rail to Bromsgrove and Worcester is a far better bet for most passengers.
or perhaps @don write to the Evening Standard take it from me a jolly nice chap is the Editor of that rag I am an "i" man myself this could be one for simon calder couldn't it and I have used the 144 for over 50 years and  value its contribution to the West Midlands Bus Network and to be honest I did odd the relief duty working with a 708D those were the days...................

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 04:06:02 PM
It is not me I worry about personally i am not one of life's complainers its my fellow Blackheath bus users I worry about when I am not on the service to observe matters Blackheath bus users deserve so much better than the service they receive from West Midlands Travel Ltd there are times I cannot sleep at night due to worry about the third world bus service we all have to put with in Blackheath aside from the Diamond Bus 4H of course.

Well at least bus users in Blackheath have the excellent 13A service to rely on then.  :)

But that is also run by "West Midlands Travel Ltd" is it not?

Please stop being so dramatic - in case you didn't know it, apart from my technical and moderating duties in this forum, I also run the West Midlands Bus Users website and Facebook page. Trust me, while I am concerned with the interests of all bus users across the West Midlands, I certainly don't lose any sleep at night as a result despite this overwhelming burden I carry.

In fact, as a TfWM Bus Champion, I'd like to cordially invite you to check out my website, where I have recently added a community forum, with the intention of allowing bus users from across the West Midlands to connect with each other and raise any concerns about the standards of bus services in this region, and to engage in lively discussions. Barring an initial introductory posting on my Facebook page, I have not yet done any active promotion of this new feature on my website, due to being busy since Christmas with personal and work related matters, which has resulted in me having to pass up an opportunity to be interviewed by someone from ITV News regarding the recently announced Birmingham Transport Plan.

You and your fellow Blackheath bus users are more than welcome to sign up and join in, and tell all your friends too.  :)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

As a driver on the x10 on a very regular basis I have never seen a x8 dangerously overcrowded like you say  both single and double deckers. Yet more bull shit from you
I to feel sorry for people in blackheath having you around them and I wonder if they are safe

OH25

Quote from: Winston on January 21, 2020, 09:47:57 PM
@OH25 - Yes it was in relation to your obs.

Don't suppose you saw the fleet numbers of the two X8's so we can put this to bed?

It was definitely two platinums and I believe they were both purple X8 branded buses.

richardjones210368

Thank you @Stu for your kind invitation I will of course check out your web thingy and look forward to signing up in due course I dont do Facebook or Twit I have never been described dramatic well not since I was at Uni and on one of our compulsory residential weekends and pushed someone accidentally in the River Avon while we where crossing it as assignment and being the strong  swimmer I am took off my boots and top and jumped in the Avon in my boxers and saved the non swimmer who I may have mentioned previously on the forum. Anyway I will pass your details to my former line manager in Whitehall to see if you are an fit and proper person whose own website I can post on. Cheers @Stu you are very lucky I am still not allowed to comment on television I do admire you mind you I did once get the clearance to do The Budget Analysis on Al Jezerer and I bought new socks  in case I had to take my boots off.......................

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 22, 2020, 08:19:48 PM
As a driver on the x10 on a very regular basis I have never seen a x8 dangerously overcrowded like you say  both single and double deckers. Yet more bull shit from you
I to feel sorry for people in blackheath having you around them and I wonder if they are safe
Isnt the X8 WN not PN or @karl724223  is x ray vision another of your key skills?

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 08:34:45 PM
Isnt the X8 WN not PN or @karl724223  is x ray vision another of your key skills?

Karl drives the X10, which shares the same route as the X8 between city centre and Quinton (The Stag).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 08:34:45 PM
Oh so the x8 doesn't go the same way from the stag to town and back as the x10

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 05:04:05 PM
@don You quite right NXWM runs the vast majority of services in the West Midlands, and generally a high frequency commercial service, and Diamond Bus is a small independent in that context, but of course no one of any intelligence can recognise any level of effort NXWM make at all to providing a quality service to benefit of passengers in the West Midlands and not the shareholders of National Express PLC.
Paying a return to shareholders and providing a high quality customer service are not mutually exclusive you know - in fact they underpin the financial system the country operates in (capitalism). In the same way that Diamond Bus need to provide investors with a return for their investment. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this but my view is NXWM aims to provide a professional and high quality service to achieve good customer experience and thus be profitable.

It does bother me that Diamond operate a commercial service on the 16 and 50 in competition with NXWM but with inferior vehicles. So if TfWM wanted either of those run as a quality partnership what level of service do they specify - or would both of them run a mile if that was suggested? An interesting thought!! But if I lived on the 16 route I know I would prefer the higher quality bus.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on January 22, 2020, 08:19:48 PM

The 140 was apparently an excellent service, and run with B7RLEs. As the X8 makes fewer stops if it is getting overcrowded with mostly double deck, then NX were obviously correct in introducing it

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2020, 08:44:22 PM
The 140 was apparently an excellent service, and run with B7RLEs. As the X8 makes fewer stops if it is getting overcrowded with mostly double deck, then NX were obviously correct in introducing it
forgot to tell Billy I've drove the 140 from West Bromwich and pensnett garages

Gareth

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 20, 2020, 08:25:36 PM
Frankly I don't need your false sympathy for my cancer battle.

I am not going to change and frankly to be honest I don't care what your opinion is

Considering your vile tirade of abuse towards Stu, a site moderator the other day, I would say you're very lucky to be invited to look at and use his website. Hopefully you can be more constructive in your criticism on a forum more for bus users than enthusiasts.

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 08:26:49 PM
Thank you @Stu for your kind invitation I will of course check out your web thingy and look forward to signing up in due course.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Gareth on January 22, 2020, 08:48:44 PM

Considering your vile tirade of abuse towards Stu, a site moderator the other day, I would say you're very lucky to be invited to look at and use his website. Hopefully you can be more constructive in your criticism on a forum more for bus users than enthusiasts.
I never think of myself as lucky @Gareth just as a survivor I will pass @Stu details to my line manager in Whitehall and if @Stu is judged to be a fit and proper person I am able to engage with as was judged with  @Tony and WM BUS FORUM I will be happy to contribute we can only hope I get clearance that is out of my hands sadly.

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 22, 2020, 08:46:17 PM
forgot to tell Billy I've drove the 140 from West Bromwich and pensnett garages
I have no complaints with the service operated by WB  & PN by West Midlands Travel Limited on the 140 it was an excellent service and the best bus service in England as @Tony himself pointed out a few days ago the X8 is not on the 140 service registeration at OfTC therefore your comments are completely irrelevant  @karl724223

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on January 22, 2020, 08:38:05 PM
Karl drives the X10, which shares the same route as the X8 between city centre and Quinton (The Stag).
He does not drive the X8 @Stu and has no idea therefore of the X8 service between The Stag & Dudley via Blackheath therefore cannot comment on a Blackheath bus service I would have thought as an intelligent person @Stu you would have understood that perhaps not then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk