News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Dom on December 13, 2019, 05:52:42 PM
Now as a former employee of TfWM, I should warn you that you simply cannot make comments like that as it can be seen as a favouring one operator over another.
I am not employed in any manner by Transport for West Midlands and have never  have been in any form under a contract of employment subject to PAYE. I have never have been an employee, yes I am a TfWM Bus Champion but that is purely voluntary and has no relevance to my comments on this forum as they are well known by the other members, in addition I am not subject to a contract of employment of any kind with the WMCA and so would why would I not be able to  make my own comments about operators on this site. I was employed by H M Government and was not allowed to use social media but resigned last month at the start of Purdah & was cleared to post on the forum do you think I would be stupid enough to break any GDPR rules so on what grounds are asking me NOT make my comments this to me smacks of censorship of  a forum not happy with the opinions of a member?

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 13, 2019, 06:23:18 PM
I am not employed in any manner by Transport for West Midlands and have never  have been in any form under a contract of employment subject to PAYE. I have never have been an employee, yes I am a TfWM Bus Champion but that is purely voluntary and has no relevance to my comments on this forum as they are well known by the other members, in addition I am not subject to a contract of employment of any kind with the WMCA and so would why would I not be able to  make my own comments about operators on this site. I was employed by H M Government and was not allowed to use social media but resigned last month at the start of Purdah & was cleared to post on the forum do you think I would be stupid enough to break any GDPR rules so on what grounds are asking me NOT make my comments this to me smacks of censorship of  a forum not happy with the opinions of a member?

None of the 3 moderators have done any form of censorship on you

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2019, 06:38:49 PM
None of the 3 moderators have done any form of censorship on you
I have not mentioned anything about the moderators in my post if you bothered to read it I was replying to @Dom who if you read the post accused me of not being able to post about operators as I was a former employee of TfWM which I was not to me that to me is poster using his comments to try to censor mine there was nothing in my posts that relate to the moderators I for one admire your honesty in defending the X8 although I don't agree with them I fully respect your comments but am curious to your comments as I have not referred to the moderators in my comments but was replying to @Dom who i felt was in his opinion was trying to censor my comments as mine which were clearly not directed at the moderators & if I thought you were were I would direct them to you not via a third party but from your reply perhaps I was right you are worried about my comments and your using this to defend yourself when it is not neccesary, most odd I cannot think why?

MW

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 13, 2019, 04:22:22 PM
So bus drivers who think it's ok to go on their phones while driving and buses that set a-light more times than a fireplace on a cold winters evening are superior standards???????

What's wrong with that?

Sh4318

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 12, 2019, 06:54:48 AM
Its 06.48 in Blackheath Market Place no sign of @Sh4318 waiting for the X8  just us regulars with @Sh4318 yesterday asking was the 140 such a Holy Grail? The answer is YES the 140 run from PN came to the bus stop and took me to work daily. The X8 from WN is the WORST bus service in the UK it is run buy a totally inept and incompetent bus operator. They are absolutely pathetic who in the rights minds replaces a good service like the  PN 140 with this complete and unmitigated disaster not someone who is competent anyway. As ever no sign of the WN X8 I am on the 13A that's come, but that's not the point why should I have to use an indirect route when an utterly shambolic company cannot get its main service to the stop on time at this time in the morning what hope is there for the rest of the day. They are not fit for purpose as a bus company and today use your vote wisely lets get Blackheaths bus services back regulated and partnership contracts on all routes and get this third rate operator held to account, lets get the PN 140 back the WN  X8 off and get this cowboy bus operator regulated for the good of all bus users not just us sad souls who have to use the shambles that is the WN X8!

Do you mind not tagging me in posts? I really couldn't give a toss, I was just getting fed up with your moaning about having an every 20 minute limited stop service to the city centre with high tech platinum buses
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Lukeee

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 12, 2019, 03:14:46 PM
Nothing surprises me with NXWM on the 4H they are utterly hopeless its lucky we have Diamond Bus showing them how to do it on Gorsty Hill with the 231 round the corner who needs NXWM with 5 Diamonds an hour.

I would take NX over Diamond anyday, simply watch them on the 16 if your bored and watch how many Diamond drivers run red lights or how many use the hockley flyover instead of going around it

richardjones210368

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 13, 2019, 07:19:23 PM
Do you mind not tagging me in posts? I really couldn't give a toss, I was just getting fed up with your moaning about having an every 20 minute limited stop service to the city centre with high tech platinum buses
Why would I want a 20 minute limited stop service to the city centre with high tech platinum buses that never turn up when previously had a 30 minuet stopping service with Tridents that did? I will cease to "tagging" you at your request  BUT IT WAS YOU THAT ASKED ME WAS THE 140 A "HOLY GRAIL" SO WHY MOAN WHEN I REPLY AND WHY ASK IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU DONT GIVE A TOSS ODD THAT. CHEERS

richardjones210368

Quote from: Lukeee on December 13, 2019, 07:22:29 PM
I would take NX over Diamond anyday, simply watch them on the 16 if your bored and watch how many Diamond drivers run red lights or how many use the hockley flyover instead of going around it
I know the Hockley Flyover well and visit the the Boulton Industrial Business Park in Ickneild Street twice a week and always use the Diamond 16 as it is a quality premiere route and would never ever dream of using the inferior NXWM 16 or 74 I always wait oppoisite the TSB for Diamond & outside the newsagents next to the fish & chip shop at the flyover coming back I always use the Diamond 16 never ever NXWM & never ever see them miss the roundabout perhaps you have been unlucky and seen an NIS so your point is?

Lukeee

I drive the NX 16 and have seen Diamond use the flyover whilst in service on more than one occasion

richardjones210368

Quote from: Lukeee on December 13, 2019, 07:46:10 PM
I drive the NX 16 and have seen Diamond use the flyover whilst in service on more than one occasion
Funny that I never have and I use it twice a week.I often see NXWM buses  cutting up cars at the island and sailing past the stop when NXWM Travelcard holders are waiting  luckly I always wait for the Diamond Bus 16 its far better than NXWM isnt it so who could blame me?

Busboy105

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 13, 2019, 07:55:41 PM
Funny that I never have and I use it twice a week.I often see NXWM buses  cutting up cars at the island and sailing past the stop when NXWM Travelcard holders are waiting  luckly I always wait for the Diamond Bus 16 its far better than NXWM isnt it so who could blame me?
If Diamond are so much better than NX, then remind me why all their popular routes are joint with NX (4,4H,16,31,32 and the 50). They use 9-11 year old buses on their popular routes only the 50 and 226 have newer Euro 6 buses. They failed to compete with NX on the 17,37 and the 97. The only popular route that they have that isn't joint with NX is the 226 and that speaks volumes to me.

Busboy105

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 13, 2019, 07:25:20 PM
Why would I want a 20 minute limited stop service to the city centre with high tech platinum buses that never turn up when previously had a 30 minuet stopping service with Tridents that did? I will cease to "tagging" you at your request. CHEERS
So you would rather have 14 year old Tridents that are almost at the end of their life than new MMCs?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 13, 2019, 08:47:17 PM
If Diamond are so much better than NX, then remind me why all their popular routes are joint with NX (4,4H,16,31,32 and the 50). They use 9-11 year old buses on their popular routes only the 50 and 226 have newer Euro 6 buses. They failed to compete with NX on the 17,37 and the 97. The only popular route that they have that isn't joint with NX is the 226 and that speaks volumes to me.
From my own experience Diamond Bus are the best but its subjective I admire them holding thier own and competing against NXWM the difference of thier net worth is huge so why not support someone who is giving the major operator competition in a very tough market and remember the 4H was always a Ludlows & Diamond route as the 404E & 417 & its NXWM who chose to compete against them between West Bromwich & Hayley Green albeit badly oh and Diamond 002 has new Streetlites on it and runs 7 days a week & remember Diamond run a lot of TfWM contracts to those who would not have a service otherwise at the lowest cost to the Council Tax payer & they have been operating sucessfully with various owners for 33 years they must be doing something right.

sonic84

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 13, 2019, 08:47:17 PM

Don't forget the 002 which has surely got to be one of their most popular routes which also has no competition.

richardjones210368

Quote from: sonic84 on December 13, 2019, 09:00:17 PM
Don't forget the 002 which has surely got to be one of their most popular routes which also has no competition.
Yes @sonic84 I think with Diamond Bus you either love them or loathe them I have loved them for 33 years of service that alone must prove they are doing something right I was on one first of thier 16s on 27th October 1986 & the 217 shortly after.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk