News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 08, 2019, 12:59:39 PM
I don't know what's more ridiculous: the fact that the WN25 is in the 4&5 search results or the number of 4 and 5 services we have.

Yes as I've said in one of my previous posts it does make it difficult for the unseasoned traveller. At least we can take something away from this and say at least non of the duplicate services overlap each other. Correct me if I'm wrong!! I'm not normally wrong when talking about buses!!

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 01:19:44 PM
Yes as I've said in one of my previous posts it does make it difficult for the unseasoned traveller. At least we can take something away from this and say at least non of the duplicate services overlap each other. Correct me if I'm wrong!! I'm not normally wrong when talking about buses!!

Really, you were wrong about NEAT. You really shouldn't make such statements!!

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 01:15:56 PM
Yes NX link the two websites together so that all services with the same number comes up in the list on the NXWM  site but not the other way. I will contact one of the Marketing executives tomorrow to ask why it doesn't work if searching via NXC website but does when searching the other way around. .

No they don't, NXC 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's & 7's didn't come up in search results, only 8's & 9's

Busboy105

None of them overlap but some do go a bit close to each other. For example NX had to renumber the PB46 to 52 because it would stop too close to the WB46.

richardjones210368

Well it might not be the best accountant in the world but I can tell when numbers are the same as I walk round Five Ways I find two 8s and two 10s despite whatever you may believe so Five Ways Island definatly has two routes with the same numbers albiet different suffixs

karl724223

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 02:34:26 PM
Well it might not be the best accountant in the world but I can tell when numbers are the same as I walk round Five Ways I find two 8s and two 10s despite whatever you may believe so Five Ways Island definatly has two routes with the same numbers albiet different suffixs
i drive the X10 daily and I don't experience the problems that you seem to
And I drive the pn 8 and I don't get people asking for the x96
Funny that

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on December 08, 2019, 02:54:00 PM
i drive the X10 daily and I don't experience the problems that you seem to
And I drive the pn 8 and I don't get people asking for the x96
Funny that
I think Karl most people would ask others in the bus stop if they were at the right stop before boarding in the peaks there doesnt a day go by without someone being in the wrong stop at Five Ways I was never asked at all when it was the 9 127 128 140 or 141 the current numbers cause a lot of confusion at Five Ways even more so with the Xs not picking up at Morrisions Id rather have it as 9 127 128 140 141 simple easy to follow for non regular users NXWM have no idea of the confusion they have created.

Dom

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 03:03:55 PM
I think Karl most people would ask others in the bus stop if they were at the right stop before boarding in the peaks there doesnt a day go by without someone being in the wrong stop at Five Ways I was never asked at all when it was the 9 127 128 140 or 141 the current numbers cause a lot of confusion at Five Ways even more so with the Xs not picking up at Morrisions Id rather have it as 9 127 128 140 141 simple easy to follow for non regular users NXWM have no idea of the confusion they have created.

Having driven 5 ways services, I've never experienced this. The only real question I'd get asked is which bus goes to a certain location. A question you'd see asked anywhere. If I'm being honest, you just seem to have some form of issue with NX when there quite frankly isn't one.

Also, a TfWM bus champion? Last time I checked that means absolutely nothing, you don't get made aware of any information that isn't public.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Dom on December 08, 2019, 03:16:54 PM
Having driven 5 ways services, I've never experienced this. The only real question I'd get asked is which bus goes to a certain location. A question you'd see asked anywhere. If I'm being honest, you just seem to have some form of issue with NX when there quite frankly isn't one.

Also, a TfWM bus champion? Last time I checked that means absolutely nothing, you don't get made aware of any information that isn't public.
I dont think I have said I do as a TfWM bus champion i quote ot as its a public forum I have other work for WMCA & untill last month H M Gov  I am not allowed to quote the Bus Champion work is a minor part of my work and try standing at the actual stops on Five Ways I feel sorry for the non regular traveller and so am always happy to help.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 03:30:59 PM
I dont think I have said I do as a TfWM bus champion i quote ot as its a public forum I have other work for WMCA & untill last month H M Gov  I am not allowed to quote the Bus Champion work is a minor part of my work and try standing at the actual stops on Five Ways I feel sorry for the non regular traveller and so am always happy to help.

Strange I've stood at Five Ways as an Inspector in full uniform and never had anyone confused by the 8A/8C. Mind those routes have been numbered as such for 40 odd years.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2019, 03:45:17 PM
Strange I've stood at Five Ways as an Inspector in full uniform and never had anyone confused by the 8A/8C. Mind those routes have been numbered as such for 40 odd years.
Well Tony I can only speak as I find a lot of people unfortunatly mix up the 8A & C and the X8 at Five Ways RPOs are usually on the City bound side but I cannot remember the last time save NX office staff I found anyone from NXWM.at the out of city side of Hagley Rd. It doesnt bother me what the numbers are and lets face it waiting for the X8 you spend a lot of time waiting at the Five Ways bus stop unless the 13A comes first so it passes the time helping the confused.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Dom on December 08, 2019, 03:16:54 PM

I disagree with this as I'm also a champion and I know quite a lot of things that's going on at the moment even down to production of the area maps. The stuff that you don't see in public domain until it goes out much like the Solihull Map which I've done lots of work on.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 03:55:15 PM
Well Tony I can only speak as I find a lot of people unfortunatly mix up the 8A & C and the X8 at Five Ways RPOs are usually on the City bound side but I cannot remember the last time save NX office staff I found anyone from NXWM.at the out of city side of Hagley Rd. It doesnt bother me what the numbers are and lets face it waiting for the X8 you spend a lot of time waiting at the Five Ways bus stop unless the 13A comes first so it passes the time helping the confused.

Amazing it's you that gets asked lots of times as a random accountant stood waiting for a bus though. In full uniform (and I still do wear uniform so I can go out and help when there are major problems) I expect to get asked questions, but as someone that uses public transport everywhere whenever possible it is still quite unusual for a stranger to walk up and ask a question when I am not wearing it.. I presume you are using a pseudonym on here, if not you have not made much of an impression of TfWM/NX staff at the bus champions events.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 03:56:59 PM
I disagree with this as I'm also a champion and I know quite a lot of things that's going on at the moment even down to production of the area maps. The stuff that you don't see in public domain until it goes out much like the Solihull Map which I've done lots of work on.
I have the upmost respect for all the TfWM Bus Champions the wealth and quality of the contributions is outstanding and they really do make such a difference to TfWM and NXWM with the detailed knowlege.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 04:02:28 PM
I have the upmost respect for all the TfWM Bus Champions the wealth and quality of the contributions is outstanding and they really do make such a difference to TfWM and NXWM with the detailed knowlege.

Thanks @richardjones210368  it does pay off to have a lot of knowlege. I also point out mistakes on the timetables/timetable maps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk