News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:26:58 PM
Again a bus that operates along a road serves it but doesnt stop along it 'in many peoples eyes'. I am not refusing it just an opinion. Yes I know it seems like I am refusing it but I'm only going by what it says in the key. So be it if it's the wrong assumption! 😁

Which key?

Here's a question for you.

If you were in Birmingham, got on an X51, asked the driver if he served Newtown Row and, got the reply "yes", and then ended up three miles away and missed an important appointment would you be happy?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 05:31:24 PM
You're relying on the fact that what the key says is gospel, which it isn't.  Maybe you could understand it like this:

An Avanti service from Wolverhampton to Euston travels through Bletchley station.  It does not stop there.  Therefore, does the service serve Bletchley? No.

Again I understand that but it still serves the route but not the station. If  you can provide evidence from TfWM  where it say it to fisically serve a stop on a said road then I'll stop. But so far I'm only seeing things frrom Tony and you which again I can't take as you would say 'gospel'! 😁 So if you can provide my with some evidence then I'll stop

Adam 404

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:29:48 PM

So why does it say it in the currect timetable for the X12?
Nechells Parkway does not feature on either the website timetable or travelshop leaflet.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on January 07, 2021, 05:38:51 PM
Nechells Parkway does not feature on either the website timetable or travelshop leaflet.

Hi @Adam 404
I am looking at the old TfWM timetable dated 1 Sept 19. and that one does show it operating along Nechells Parkway. And anyway in the case of conjestion what routes does it do?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:35:47 PM
Again I understand that but it still serves the route but not the station. If  you can provide evidence from TfWM  where it say it to fisically serve a stop on a said road then I'll stop. But so far I'm only seeing things frrom Tony and you which again I can't take as you would say 'gospel'! 😁 So if you can provide my with some evidence then I'll stop
Oh ffs!  What part of this is so difficult to understand?  NO service is provided at the station, so the train does not serve it.  And what you're saying basically is that Tony knows nothing about what the definition of 'serving' means?

I've got the Wolverhampton network map right in front of me and to me, I can understand it perfectly.  The "other bus served road" means that a service (or multiple) does serve that particular road.  In the case of the 35, you've got multiple other services, such as the 17, 60, 61 & X1 that travel along Moor Street Queensway and physically atop there to pick up/drop off passengers.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:35:47 PM

This is always your attitude.
Whatever you guess to be correct you argue forever that it is correct however many people prove you are wrong. Even down to you latest guesswork that the X12 states Nechells Parkway. Here is the current timetable, no mention of anywhere between Bromford and City Centre. Even the registration with DVSA states that the vehicle may take various routes between those places

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:44:17 PM

Hi @Adam 404
I am looking at the old TfWM timetable dated 1 Sept 19. and that one does show it operating along Nechells Parkway. And anyway in the case of conjestion what routes does it do?

It is not just a case of congestion, during normal traffic most drivers use the Aston Expressway, Tyburn Road, Bromford Lane outbound

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 05:45:18 PM
This is always your attitude.
Whatever you guess to be correct you argue forever that it is correct however many people prove you are wrong. Even down to you latest guesswork that the X12 states Nechells Parkway. Here is the current timetable, no mention of anywhere between Bromford and City Centre. Even the registration with DVSA states that the vehicle may take various routes between those places

Wellacordimg to tge TfWM edition it states Nechells Parkway and then it also mentions Astop Expressway and Tyburn Road. The timetable you've linked to is the NX website one and it doesn't state which roads it  is serves between Bromford and Birmimgham. And is it no wonder when I'm so arsy when people are also coming across arsy.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 05:50:03 PM
It is not just a case of congestion, during normal traffic most drivers use the Aston Expressway, Tyburn Road, Bromford Lane outbound

But obviously in the timetable (Not @Adam 404's it states in case of congestion

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:52:46 PM
Wellacordimg to tge TfWM edition it states Nechells Parkway and then it also mentions Astop Expressway and Tyburn Road. The timetable you've linked to is the NX website one and it doesn't state which roads it  is serves between Bromford and Birmimgham. And is it no wonder when I'm so arsy when people are also coming across arsy.
We only come across arsey because we are fed up of constantly being subject to your stubbornness and ignorant attitude.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 05:55:07 PM
We only come across arsey because we are fed up of constantly being subject to your stubbornness and ignorant attitude.

If my attitude comes across arsey I dont mean it. It's just the way I am and speak my mind. can we just get back to the point now.

Sorry to everyone.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:57:51 PM
If my attitude comes across arsey I dont mean it. It's just the way I am and speak my mind. can we just get back to the point now.

Sorry to everyone.
Yes, I am the same (as you can probably tell).  It just becomes annoying when multiple people try to explain something to you and you don't accept their answer, resulting in us going round in circles.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:52:46 PM

I've just gone to TfWM website and it tells me to go to Network West Midlands site for timetables, and X12 timetable shows this
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/timetables#/route/cen_33X12_B_H_y11_6-6 and even downloading the full timetable no mention of Nechells Parkway

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 06:01:00 PM
Yes, I am the same (as you can probably tell).  It just becomes annoying when multiple people try to explain something to you and you don't accept their answer, resulting in us going round in circles.

All I'm saying though is that I would say the the 35 does serve Moor street Q'way. Obviously if it doesnt actually stop/terminate  or start there then it may not actually 'serve' the road. But it all comes down to the definition of 'serve' and as no one has given a definition I still would say it serves it. Now lets call that the end and beg to differ!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 06:01:58 PM
I've just gone to TfWM website and it tells me to go to Network West Midlands site for timetables, and X12 timetable shows this
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/timetables#/route/cen_33X12_B_H_y11_6-6 and even downloading the full timetable no mention of Nechells Parkway
I'm talking about the printed timetable (TfWM)   Obviously the web will be up to date and also will only show the one route which it would 'normally' use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk