News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 03:57:29 PM
Nothing to do with NX, or our job to query it. NX don't supply the data to google

So who does then? As that's what Google are saying. I'm only going on what has been said to me.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 04:03:15 PM

So who does then? As that's what Google are saying. I'm only going on what has been said to me.

I presume TfWM as the tracking system I use to tell people where buses are has an internet address starting http//centro

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 04:23:04 PM
I presume TfWM as the tracking system I use to tell people where buses are has an internet address starting http//centro

But they get the info from NX as well, I think?

I'm not trying to start another argument. 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 04:25:06 PM
But they get the info from NX as well, I think?

I'm not trying to start another argument. 😁

Why haven't you queried why Diamonds aren't showing? NX don't provide that. Don't you think that the fact both companies are missing means the fault isn't worth the bus companies themselves

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 04:34:55 PM
Why haven't you queried why Diamonds aren't showing? NX don't provide that. Don't you think that the fact both companies are missing means the fault isn't worth the bus companies themselves

I was going to as well... I thought one stage at a time though. They both seem to be traking on the WMN App though.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 04:39:44 PM
I was going to as well... I thought one stage at a time though. They both seem to be traking on the WMN App though.

Which tells you the company data is working,  what did google actually reply then?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 04:43:58 PM
Which tells you the company data is working,  what did google actually reply then?

I haven't actually asked that specific question to google. I asked something else but couldn't actually send it off as it reported  an on screen message back it's up to the company manager or whoever to contact them and give them the correct details. Soo I just assumed to contaced someone in NX to let them know. Obviously I could be wrong to assume that but I don't know how it all works!! 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 04:03:15 PM

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 04:47:55 PM
I haven't actually asked that specific question to google. I asked something else but couldn't actually send it off as it reported  an on screen message back it's up to the company manager or whoever to contact them and give them the correct details. Soo I just assumed to contaced someone in NX to let them know. Obviously I could be wrong to assume that but I don't know how it all works!! 😁

hmmm

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 06:03:07 PM
hmmm
As I said I only assume that  they would say the same thing.... sorry for the assumption! 😁

Stu

My assumption is that NX (and other operators) provide data to TfWM, who then provide the open feeds that external apps 'consume' via API calls, these external apps would include Google I presume.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 08, 2021, 06:11:06 PM
My assumption is that NX (and other operators) provide data to TfWM, who then provide the open feeds that external apps 'consume' via API calls, these external apps would include Google I presume.

That's probably what it is @Stu. However as I  also said I tried to amended something on Google a long time ago and I got so far and couldn't send my feedback. But it was reporing that only the company director/manager could amend suggest that it could be amended! I don't know whether that's correct/true?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 07, 2021, 06:52:53 PM
If it is essential that the route is marked from Bromford to the city centre (because I can see people getting confused about it not showing a route), they should probably consider using a different colour to indicate "service does not stop on this road", which they could then use for the other services that are limited stop/direct services. In the case of X12/X70 // X1/X2 that can use multiple routes to get between one place and another, the route marked should be the default route the services are asked to use.

You've hit the nail on the head there @ellspurs. I will suggest this. I don't think the X1 and X2 have different routes that it would serve between Birmingham and Sheldon or anywhere else?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:39:47 PM
You've hit the nail on the head there @ellspurs. I will suggest this. I don't think the X1 and X2 have different routes that it would serve between Birmingham and Sheldon or anywhere else?

There's another problem another way showing a route though. If they are shown down Hartlands Parkway and someone is following a map to see where they are and the bus uses Tyburn Road it is likely to cause even more confusion

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:39:47 PM

The X1 and X2 services are limited-stop services that run express between Bordesley station and Hay Mills (Kings Road).

While most of the time they operate direct along Small Heath Highway (but do not serve it as there are no stops!) they will on occasion divert along Coventry Road through Small Heath either in full or in part, depending on road/traffic conditions. But still, they do not call at any stops, so don't serve them either.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 07:42:57 PM
There's another problem another way showing a route though. If they are shown down Hartlands Parkway and someone is following a map to see where they are and the bus uses Tyburn Road it is likely to cause even more confusion

Yes I understand that however it has to be shown on one of the routes it uses even if it doesn't stop lalong it. That's whay I link and probably what TfWM are running to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk