News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 04:53:09 PM
I am only going by what it says on the map in the key. So I'm sticking with serve. If anybody doesn't like me using that word then sorry, but that's what I'm used to seeing.

Going back to your original question, nowhere on the map has the 35 ever been marked on Moor Street Queensway

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 05:04:50 PM
Going back to your original question, nowhere on the map has the 35 ever been marked on Moor Street Queensway

Yes but you can say that for any of the services that operate along Moor St Q'way as there are no serves marked on it.

They do have X12/X70 marked on Nechells Parkway. Which is strange in my opinion.
And Diamond 25 on Madison Road/Brockhurst Road when it doesn't go that way anyway.
And an X16 service on the Tyburn Road. Which i didn't know went anywhere near there either?
I even just noticed X15 is marked on Lichfield Road, Aston as well.
And more.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

bususer28

Considering I'm not a bus enthusiast but I do live on the 35, I do recall that the 35 up until around 2012 used to terminate at Corporation Street before metro works started. How it got there I have absolutely no idea but logically looking at the map it would use Moor Street Queenway and Priory Queensway.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:07:11 PM
Yes but you can say that for any of the services that operate along Moor St Q'way as there are no serves marked on it.
Why can't you just accept what people are telling you?  For the purposes of your question, the 35 does not serve Moor Street Queensway, only Moor Street, as I have already told you.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 07, 2021, 05:07:59 PM
They do have X12/X70 marked on Nechells Parkway. Which is strange in my opinion.
And Diamond 25 on Madison Road/Brockhurst Road when it doesn't go that way anyway.
And an X16 service on the Tyburn Road. Which i didn't know went anywhere near there either?

Yes the X12 and X70 should be shown on Nechelles Parkway as it does go that way as one of the routes in congestion.

With regards to the 25 according to Google maps it does serve thoes roads and also the current timetable shows that.

The X16 goes to a Tamworth estate and only operates peaks. It does serve Kingsbury Road as Google maps, show it there too.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:15:37 PM
Yes the X12 and X70 should be shown on Nechelles Parkway as it does go that way as one of the routes in congestion.

With regards to the 25 according to Google maps it does serve thoes roads and also the current timetable shows that.

The X16 goes to a Tamworth estate and only operates peaks. It does serve Kingsbury Road as Google maps, show it there too.
I've see Diamond 25 in person regularly. And your not correct.
It goes towards Ward End via Ventor Avenue and Coleshill Road. Towards Erdington it goes via Coleshill Road and Bromford Road.
Doesn't matter what your map says.

The point in regards to X12/X70/X16 is they don't serve those roads as they stop nowhere near them.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 05:15:09 PM
Why can't you just accept what people are telling you?  For the purposes of your question, the 35 does not serve Moor Street Queensway, only Moor Street, as I have already told you.

Because it operates along Moor Street Queensway it therefore serves it. Obviously in your eyes and Tony's a bus that serves that said road should terminate and start there. but as I said in my eyes and other people 'not in the know' they would say it serves that road.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 07, 2021, 05:17:56 PM
I've see Diamond 25 in person regularly. And your not correct.
It goes towards Ward End via Ventor Avenue and Coleshill Road. Towards Erdington it goes via Coleshill Road and Bromford Road.
Doesn't matter what your map says.

The point in regards to X12/X70/X16 is they don't serve those roads as they stop know here near them.

so  why does google maps have it serving Madison Rd and Brockhurst Road?

With regards to the X12/X70/X16 they operate along there so they should be shown along thoes roads.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:18:45 PM
Because it operates also Moor Street Queensway it therefore serves it. Obviously in your eyes and Tony's a bus that serves that said road should terminate and start there. but as I said in my eyes and other people 'not in the know' they would say it serves that road.
At what point did Tony or myself say that the bus should start/terminate there?  Despite someone who has a vast experience in the bus industry telling you that you're definition of a bus 'serving' a street is wrong, you still refuse to accept him?  And why ask a question to answer it yourself and refuse any alternative (in other words, correct) answer by anyone else?

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on January 07, 2021, 05:07:59 PM

I agree, looks like someone who checks maps doesn't actually do it as a customer friendly publication. Not only doesn't it serve the road, you could actually stand on there all day and not see one go past.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:22:10 PM
so  why does google maps have it serving Madison Rd and Brockhurst Road?

With regards to the X12/X70/X16 they operate along there so they should be shown along thoes roads.

They don't most days! Not sure an X16 has ever travelled along those roads, and some days not one X12 or X70 will either

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 05:23:26 PM
At what point did Tony or myself say that the bus should start/terminate there?  Despite someone who has a vast experience in the bus industry telling you that you're definition of a bus 'serving' a street is wrong, you still refuse to accept him?  And why ask a question to answer it yourself and refuse any alternative (in other words, correct) answer by anyone else?

Again a bus that operates along a road serves it but doesnt stop along it 'in many peoples eyes'. I am not refusing it just an opinion. Yes I know it seems like I am refusing it but I'm only going by what it says in the key. So be it if it's the wrong assumption! 😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 05:25:21 PM
They don't most days! Not sure an X16 has ever travelled along those roads, and some days not one X12 or X70 will either

So why does it say it in the currect timetable for the X12?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 05:26:58 PM
Again a bus that operates along a road serves it but doesnt stop along it 'in many peoples eyes'. I am not refusing it just an opinion. Yes I know it seems like I am refusing it but I'm only going by what it says in the key. So be it if it's the wrong assumption! 😁
You're relying on the fact that what the key says is gospel, which it isn't.  Maybe you could understand it like this:

An Avanti service from Wolverhampton to Euston travels through Bletchley station.  It does not stop there.  Therefore, does the service serve Bletchley? No.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk