News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 03:28:27 PM
It still serves its stop on Moor Street, outside Selfridges, if that's what you were referring to?

Thanks @Pat  I was referring to the terminus.

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 03:17:44 PM
The 35 has NEVER has a stop on Moor Street Queensway

I NEVER said it stops on Moor Street. I actually said does it serve the road NOT terminat on it.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 03:40:00 PM
Thanks @Pat  I was referring to the terminus.

I NEVER said it stops on Moor Street. I actually said does it serve the road NOT terminat on it.
Serving is the same as stopping.  If a route serves a street, it stops on it to basically provide a 'service'.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 03:42:18 PM
Serving is the same as stopping.  If a route serves a street, it stops on it to basically provide a 'service'.

In my eyes and I expext most peoeples eyes Serving it would meen both things

1 stppoing on it.
2. operating along it.

Although I actuall know it doesnt fully operate along Moor St Q'way, It does serve it in some way.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 03:47:24 PM

1 stppoing on it.
2. operating along it.

Although I actuall know it doesnt fully operate along Moor St Q'way, It does serve it in some way.
The 35 uses the turning circle on Moor Street Queensway to head back down Moor Street towards Digbeth.

If the bus doesn't provide a service i.e picking up/dropping of people, then it technically does not serve the street. 

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 03:49:47 PM
The 35 uses the turning circle on Moor Street Queensway to head back down Moor Street towards Digbeth.

Yes I gathered that from what you said in the first post. When you said it stops on Moor St outside selfridges.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 03:47:24 PM

1 stppoing on it.
2. operating along it.

So you think the X51 serves Birchfield Road and Newtown Row?

Try telling that to passengers who end up at the Alexander Stadium

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 04:06:51 PM
So you think the X51 serves Birchfield Road and Newtown Row?

Try telling that to passengers who end up at the Alexander Stadium

It does 'serve' thoes two roads, butas I said to @Pat it doesn't stop along there.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 04:14:05 PM
It does 'serve' thoes two roads, butas I said to @Pat it doesn't stop along there.

It doesn't serve them, check the definition of serve?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 04:16:42 PM
It doesn't serve them, check the definition of serve?

So why do TfWM use the defintion of 'Bus Served roads? You answer that and I'll try and answer your question.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 04:23:37 PM
So why do TfWM use the defintion of 'Bus Served roads? You answer that and I'll try and answer your question.

And show me where TfWM say the 35 serves Moor Street Queensway or the X51 serves Birchfield Road

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 04:25:24 PM
And show me where TfWM say the 35 serves Moor Street Queensway or the X51 serves Birchfield Road

It says it in the Key on the may 'Other bus served road'. so I would say the the 35 does serve Moor street Q'way. It doesnt stop on it but it serves it.
Yes I also know that the colour makes a difference however it doesn't matter what road is coloured  what shade of blue it a bus served road.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 04:32:10 PM
It says it in the Key on the may 'Other bus served road'. so I would say the the 35 does serve Moor street Q'way. It doesnt stop on it but it serves it.
Yes I also know that the colour makes a difference however it doesn't matter what road is coloured  what shade of blue it a bus served road.
TfWM mean that the bus goes along that road, more as a reference as to which way the service goes.  Anyway, can't you just accept that the 35 DOESN'T serve Moor Street Queensway?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 04:44:18 PM
TfWM mean that the bus goes along that road, more as a reference as to which way the service goes.  Anyway, can't you just accept that the 35 DOESN'T serve Moor Street Queensway?

I am only going by what it says on the map in the key. So I'm sticking with serve. If anybody doesn't like me using that word then sorry, but that's what I'm used to seeing.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 04:53:09 PM
I am only going by what it says on the map in the key. So I'm sticking with serve. If anybody doesn't like me using that word then sorry, but that's what I'm used to seeing.
The map says that as Moor Street Queensway is served by other services (they actually pick up here).  As the 35 does not pick up on Moor Street Queensway, it does not provide a service there, so doesn't serve it.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 07, 2021, 04:59:11 PM
The map says that as Moor Street Queensway is served by other services (they actually pick up here).  As the 35 does not pick up on Moor Street Queensway, it does not provide a service there, so doesn't serve it.

I am still going to use serve as it operates along part of it. Where do TfWM say that it doesn't provide a service to that road?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk