News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2020, 11:41:19 AM
Are they ever going to be printed again or has some higher power deemed that to be not useful anymore?

Hi @Kevin

Yes they will be produced/printed. Just at the moment because of all the ahort notice change due to the pandemic. TfWM deam it not viable to produce any printed information as there's a chance the documents would bw out of date with in a week or so of them being produced/printed. once there is a definitive chance of the network getting back to 'normality'  then the only things that are being produced through NX are timetables. Obviously the timetables that are being produced are only for NX services. You got to remember that all TfWM's do is use public money to produce stuff. so just think when there's several changes wether minor or major during this time the only timetable available will be NX editions No TfWM productions.

I hope I've made clear why TfWM aren't producing anything.

Let me know if you don't understand.

Regards

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 20, 2020, 10:03:55 AM
Hi all

Any amendments for any of the areas maps apart from what's already been mentioned? if so please state as WMN are looking at the maps.

P. S the maps will not be printed though. They will only appear updated on web.

Thanks

Bus Man K2

Have they got the route extension of the A10 through to Chelmsley Wood, replacing the 91A/C that @2206 mentioned in one of the network changes threads?

Other than that, and seeing that no service seems to use Coleshill Heath Road now on the rerouting of the X12 (which surprised me), I don't recall anything else.

EDIT: oh the Claribels 94A has been readded to bus flags around here, so that may need reinstating as well on the full route.

Solihull/Birmingham maps.

Westy

The X529 on the Wolves & Walsall maps, plus on the Walsall one, is the 2 showing as going down Somerfield Road again?

(In fact,  what about the Arriva 1 & 3, as they're not operating as normal, will they be included as the proper route or the 'temporary ' route?

I know the 1 isn't running before anyone says!)

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 20, 2020, 11:59:24 AM
Hi @Kevin

Yes they will be produced/printed. Just at the moment because of all the ahort notice change due to the pandemic. TfWM deam it not viable to produce any printed information as there's a chance the documents would bw out of date with in a week or so of them being produced/printed. once there is a definitive chance of the network getting back to 'normality'  then the only things that are being produced through NX are timetables. Obviously the timetables that are being produced are only for NX services. You got to remember that all TfWM's do is use public money to produce stuff. so just think when there's several changes wether minor or major during this time the only timetable available will be NX editions No TfWM productions.

I hope I've made clear why TfWM aren't producing anything.

Let me know if you don't understand.

Regards

'Every' service?

I know the 326 didn't change, as that stayed at the same times!

I don't know if every NX Travel Shop is doing this, but Walsall have what appears to be printouts from the NX website on a rack just as you walk in, obviously NX only, but couldn't they extend it to feature non NX services as well, bearing in mind the timetable posters on the bus stops are slow in being updated?

(Or because it's NX staff, they're not allowed to do other companies timetables at the moment!)

Bob

Quote from: Westy on October 20, 2020, 04:30:53 PM
The X529 on the Wolves & Walsall maps, plus on the Walsall one, is the 2 showing as going down Somerfield Road again?

(In fact,  what about the Arriva 1 & 3, as they're not operating as normal, will they be included as the proper route or the 'temporary ' route?

I know the 1 isn't running before anyone says!)

According to every Arriva driver ive spoken to the 1 is dead and buried and not coming back

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on October 20, 2020, 09:46:32 PM
'Every' service?

I know the 326 didn't change, as that stayed at the same times!

I don't know if every NX Travel Shop is doing this, but Walsall have what appears to be printouts from the NX website on a rack just as you walk in, obviously NX only, but couldn't they extend it to feature non NX services as well, bearing in mind the timetable posters on the bus stops are slow in being updated?

(Or because it's NX staff, they're not allowed to do other companies timetables at the moment!)

Yes they are looking at every timetable regardless of operator.

NX are only doing their timetables as they have not got enough money to spend on printing all other operator timetables.

I know TfWM are updating on road posters and flags with correct information, but for timetables and map production everything is on hold. As it is an uncertain time for all operators, so although they are looking at all timetables there's no timescale on when they will re start production.

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 21, 2020, 07:51:39 AM
Yes they are looking at every timetable regardless of operator.

NX are only doing their timetables as they have not got enough money to spend on printing all other operator timetables.

I know TfWM are updating on road posters and flags with correct information, but for timetables and map production everything is on hold. As it is an uncertain time for all operators, so although they are looking at all timetables there's no timescale on when they will re start production.

To be honest,  I was only suggesting photocopies off the website for the other operators!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on October 21, 2020, 10:33:58 AM
To be honest,  I was only suggesting photocopies off the website for the other operators!

Again though they would be using their printer paper and ink to photocopy the other operators website. So it would be upto @Adam 404  to decide production of any other operator timetable regardless of wether it would be a photocopy or a proper copy.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 21, 2020, 11:40:26 AM
Again though they would be using their printer paper and ink to photocopy the other operators website. So it would be upto @Adam 404  to decide production of any other operator timetable regardless of wether it would be a photocopy or a proper copy.
And also, why would you print off a competitor's timetables anyway?  You're effectively advertising their services too.  It's like Morrisons producing leaflets for Asda.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on October 21, 2020, 11:45:48 AM
And also, why would you print off a competitor's timetables anyway?  You're effectively advertising their services too.  It's like Morrisons producing leaflets for Asda.

I'm not saying they would, but it would be helpful if they did. As I said though it's up to @Adam 404 to decide. I asume as there is only NX timetables available at NX travelshops.

Westy

Quote from: Pat on October 21, 2020, 11:45:48 AM

Well, I got an Arriva printout off Walsall back in the 'bad old days' of Arriva being a PITA over not sending leaflets to West Midlands enquiry offices!

Pat

Quote from: Westy on October 21, 2020, 12:57:36 PM
Well, I got an Arriva printout off Walsall back in the 'bad old days' of Arriva being a PITA over not sending leaflets to West Midlands enquiry offices!
On the odd occasion, to help someone out, I wouldn't see a problem.  It's just common courtesy really.  What I'm really getting at is why print out loads of competitor timetables, advertising their services and do the work for them?  Not to mention incurring unnecessary costs!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on October 21, 2020, 01:22:18 PM
On the odd occasion, to help someone out, I wouldn't see a problem.  It's just common courtesy really.  What I'm really getting at is why print out loads of competitor timetables, advertising their services and do the work for them?  Not to mention incurring unnecessary costs!

I was saying to print the competetors timetable out in colour. I would expect a black and white print out for competeors timetable. For their own services I'd like to think they would continue to produce a coloued  timetable like they do now.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 21, 2020, 05:23:32 PM
I was saying to print the competetors timetable out in colour. I would expect a black and white print out for competeors timetable. For their own services I'd like to think they would continue to produce a coloued  timetable like they do now.
To be honest, nobody really cares whether the timetable is in colour or black and white.  As a passenger, all I want is the times of the service.

Cheese

On the Walsall map currently on the Network West Midlands website, on the Burntwood inset the 10A uses Spring Hill Road and Chase Road, not Cannock Road.  Has always gone this way. Also, the 62 terminates at Sankeys Corner and doesn't carry on along Bridge Cross Road, Cannock Road and then onwards to Lichfield, this change happened sometime in 2019, so reference could probably be removed altogether of that.

Also, on the Walsall map according to Traveline the 8 does a one-way loop at Brownhills West i.e. Chester Road North, terminates at the Rising Sun, then back via Watling Street and The Parade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk