News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 15, 2020, 02:23:27 PM

If the link is cutting people off surely WMCA would say something or pay NX run down that part of the estate. Not every road can be served by a bus.... 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Busboy105

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 15, 2020, 02:03:36 PM
Proof of NX not listerning to passengers.

A news paper article.

Having trouble attaching file.
Someone mentioned this about a month ago. It's mostly elderly people who are complaining. Ring and Ride is a thing which is more convenient than a bus.

ellspurs

If it was the no. 8 that has been changed, surely that was Mr Jones' fault, not NXWM's.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 15, 2020, 03:04:29 PM
If the link is cutting people off surely WMCA would say something or pay NX run down that part of the estate. Not every road can be served by a bus....

Maybe if NX hadn't of changed the route in the first place then no one would be complaining. They all have the right to complain if they can't contact R&R or walk to far.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on March 15, 2020, 03:38:42 PM
If it was the no. 8 that has been changed, surely that was Mr Jones' fault, not NXWM's.

Not supprising your stating it's Mr Jone's fault. I doubt it though as he wouldn't wish for someone else to mone. I also highly doubt he would agree for the X8 to interwork with the 8. When there's lots going on in Brum and no doubt with the dealys it is having that it's having a nock on effect on the 8.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 15, 2020, 03:37:17 PM
Someone mentioned this about a month ago. It's mostly elderly people who are complaining. Ring and Ride is a thing which is more convenient than a bus.

You can't say that as I used to use the 8 up to that estate and now I have to get two buses. Also I am not an elderly person and I'm moaning about the same thing that they are.

Can we now just get back to the main reason why I started this topic. It was started to help me and WMCA correct all the mistakes on the area maps.

ellspurs

@Bus Man K2  the current Solihull map that is up still has glitches in the "terminating services" box for Solihull town centre.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on May 04, 2020, 05:41:23 PM
@Bus Man K2  the current Solihull map that is up still has glitches in the "terminating services" box for Solihull town centre.

I think the corrections to this will be done at the next reprint so won't be corrected until after Summer. As NX are looking at changes to service after summer. Before anyone asks I don't know what they will be or whether it will effect any maps at all except for the X15. .

ellspurs

@Bus Man K2

Is there a reason why service 94 has been completely removed from the Birmingham and Solihull area maps that are on display currently?

Even the roads that only that service uses have been decoloured.

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2020, 05:19:10 PM
@Bus Man K2

Is there a reason why service 94 has been completely removed from the Birmingham and Solihull area maps that are on display currently?

28A (Ward End to Small Heath) has also gone as well for some reason.
I can also see they still haven't got the 53 route right in the Alum Rock and Stechford areas and 49 is still shown on Lode Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2020, 05:19:10 PM
@Bus Man K2

Hi @ellspurs & @2206

Thanks for bringing these mistakes to my attenrion. I will add them to my lists for thoes two areas.

To answer your question I do not know why the 94 or 28A has been totally taken off the maps.

The only thing I can think of why the 28A isn't show is because the service has been suspended or fully withdrawn by the operator.

The 94 is just a mistory to me though!

I have already got the 49 on lode Lane to be hot rid of.

I would guess that the maps will be produced in Oct to co-inside with the Tender Changes as wellas any other changes.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on September 05, 2020, 08:51:53 AM
The only thing I can think of why the 28A isn't show is because the service has been suspended or fully withdrawn by the operator.
No it hasn't be withdrawn or suspended.
I saw the red Omnicity used on there, parked on the 55/94 stop towards City Centre at Fox & Goose on Thursday afternoon.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on September 05, 2020, 09:32:01 AM
No it hasn't be withdrawn or suspended.
I saw the red Omnicity used on there, parked on the 55/94 stop towards City Centre at Fox & Goose on Thursday afternoon.

Ok May be it hasn't been withdrawn or temp suspended. It might just be an error. I'll add it to the list for Birmimgham and Solihull.

Bus Man K2

Hi all

Any amendments for any of the areas maps apart from what's already been mentioned? if so please state as WMN are looking at the maps.

P. S the maps will not be printed though. They will only appear updated on web.

Thanks

Bus Man K2

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 20, 2020, 10:03:55 AM
Hi all

Any amendments for any of the areas maps apart from what's already been mentioned? if so please state as WMN are looking at the maps.

P. S the maps will not be printed though. They will only appear updated on web.

Thanks

Bus Man K2

Are they ever going to be printed again or has some higher power deemed that to be not useful anymore?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk